Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we agree to eliminate revealing the results of fights in the titles of threads?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Can we agree to eliminate revealing the results of fights in the titles of threads?

It is not necessary to state the outcome of the fight in the title and you can still have a discussion in the body of the thread. Excluding the result from the title doesn't hurt anyone. Including it ruins the chance of someone enjoying the fight.

I agree that @BBoxing is doing alot of work and is providing valuable information and discussion to the site but it's completely unnecessary to provide the outcome of the fight in the title when much of the enjoyment of the sport is not knowing the outcome of a fight before you watch it. Why is this something that we even have to debate?

I'd be very interested in watching a fight I knew little or nothing about if I came across a thread that read "Margolez vs Simpson- Amazing Fight Last Night!!!" rather than "Margolez destroys Simpson by KO in 4 Rounds!" Does anyone see the difference here?

To say there's no such thing as a spoiler anymore is ridiculous. There's no spoiler if everyone agrees not to post the results, which is how we've done things on this site for years. Every now and then some new member come along and decides to post the results and in the past we've politely asked them to stop and they've understood why and they've stopped. I'm not sure why @BBoxing doesn't understand that it's a fair request. I can't understand why some of you think that this is unreasonable. You can still learn about fights that you otherwise wouldn't have known about without stating the outcome of said fights. You can all still read the result in the body of the thread. You can all still debate and discuss all the details of the fight in the body of the thread. You can post links to the fight in the body of the thread...BUT there is no need to post the result of any fight in the title.

Can't we agree to allow some mystery for those who enjoy the sport for it's surprises?
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 08-31-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: Can we agree to eliminate revealing the results of fights in the titles of threads?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    It is not necessary to state the outcome of the fight in the title and you can still have a discussion in the body of the thread. Excluding the result from the title doesn't hurt anyone. Including it ruins the chance of someone enjoying the fight.

I agree that @BBoxing is doing alot of work and is providing valuable information and discussion to the site but it's completely unnecessary to provide the outcome of the fight in the title when much of the enjoyment of the sport is not knowing the outcome of a fight before you watch it. Why is this something that we even have to debate?

I'd be very interested in watching a fight I knew little or nothing about if I came across a thread that read "Margolez vs Simpson- Amazing Fight Last Night!!!" rather than "Margolez destroys Simpson by KO in 4 Rounds!" Does anyone see the difference here?

To say there's no such thing as a spoiler anymore is ridiculous. There no spoiler if everyone agrees not to post the results, which is how we've done things on this site for years. Every now and then some new member come along and decides to post the results and in the past we've politely asked them to stop and they've understood why and they've stopped. I'm not sure why @BBoxing doesn't understand that it's a fair request. I can't understand why some of you think that this is unreasonable. You can still learn about fights that you otherwise wouldn't have known about without stating the outcome of said fights. You can all still read the result in the body of the thread. You can all still debate and discuss all the details of the fight in the body of the thread. You can post links to the fight in the body of the thread...BUT there is no need to post the result of any fight in the title.

Can't we agree to allow some mystery for those who enjoy the sport for it's surprises?
    agrreed

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can we agree to eliminate revealing the results of fights in the titles of thread

To say there's no such thing as a spoiler anymore is ridiculous. There's no spoiler if everyone agrees not to post the results, which is how we've done things on this site for years. Every now and then some new member come along and decides to post the results and in the past we've politely asked them to stop and they've understood why and they've stopped. I'm not sure why @BBoxing doesn't understand that it's a fair request. I can't understand why some of you think that this is unreasonable. You can still learn about fights that you otherwise wouldn't have known about without stating the outcome of said fights. You can all still read the result in the body of the thread. You can all still debate and discuss all the details of the fight in the body of the thread. You can post links to the fight in the body of the thread...BUT there is no need to post the result of any fight in the title.

I rather see "Margolez destroys Simpson by KO in 4 Rounds!" Instead of "Margolez vs Simpson- Amazing Fight Last Night!!!" Why? Cuz I know it bothers you

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can we agree to eliminate revealing the results of fights in the titles of thread

How about spolier alert in the title?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    How about spolier alert in the title?
    Do you mean write spoiler alert in the title and still keep the result in the title? Whats the point of that?

How about we just don't put the results of fights in the title? You can write it a million times in the body...just leave the spoilers out of the titles.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does it again! Why does @BBoxing continues to post the results in his thread titles?

Whats the point??

Can someone not stop this from happening?
    @Master @Saddo @superheavyrhun

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He does it again! Why does @BBoxing continues to post the results in his thread titles?

Whats the point??

Can someone not stop this from happening?
    @Master @Saddo @superheavyrhun
    I thought he was banned by @Saddo doing this?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! Okay... I didn't realize that was the case. I really hate knowing the results before watching the fights. I do appreciate getting a heads up about a good fight I may have not heard about...but knowing the results ruins it.

Thanks @Master. Sorry to trouble you about it.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh! Okay... I didn't realize that was the case. I really hate knowing the results before watching the fights. I do appreciate getting a heads up about a good fight I may have not heard about...but knowing the results ruins it.

Thanks @Master. Sorry to trouble you about it.
    Saddo disapproves and BBoxing has said he will not post here again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he was confusing posting on a forum with being a sports writer.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If BBoxing and Miles are gone what the good is this place, fuck it, I am going back to reading comic books, later all you losers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What the fuck is this now? lolol...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't get on saddo if it's a fight I really want to see and not have spoiled. That's my recommendation.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to me, it wasnt the results that he posted, it was the that he just kept creating threads that nobody would respond to. i feel like he used this forum as a marketing oppurtunity. it was basically spam.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won't post any results spoilers but we've had this debate before and I just don't get it.

If I'm trying to avoid a fight result or footie result etc I don't even turn my phone on until I've seen it on catch up tv. Never mind sport, I stayed off the internet for 24 hours last year when trying to avoid the Breaking Bad finale spoilers.

In my opinion only a fucking lunatic, who is trying to avoid a fight result, would log onto a boxing forum before they'd seen it eg someone like Miles

That is all
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Thread Information