Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 276 of 311 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,140 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Well to be fair 'Jaws' was loosely based on the multiple shark attacks along the Jersey shore in 1916. While I know it DID inspire a widespread fear of sharks among many and a culling of a lot of them for a short period, even 'Jaws' author Peter Benchley changed his tune on them. I (still fearful of sharks, same way I'm fearful of Grizzly bears) became more intrigued by them due to the movie and more respectful...I mean I don't want to swim with them or anything, I just think wow, what a magnificent animal, a real force to be reckoned with....although Orcas seem to have little trouble dealing with them...now THERE's a predator that you never think about, they're super smart and fucking tough but everyone seems to think they are the great big panda bears of the sea.

Those movies listed are "horror" they're an attempt to elicit a fear based response and make the viewers unnerved it's not like the folks watching are like "golly gee I really wish I could see some horrible shit happen to REAL people" it's just horrible shit has to happen in order for the plot to advance, but I guess you're just not into horror which is fine....I enjoy all sorts of movies, I get curious as to what other folks enjoy and why is all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Made the mistake of sitting through a marathon of 'Friends' with my sister. First time seeing it and honestly one of the dumbest shows . Save for Jennifer Aniston, then and now. Mm mmm.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Made the mistake of sitting through a marathon of 'Friends' with my sister. First time seeing it and honestly one of the dumbest shows . Save for Jennifer Aniston, then and now. Mm mmm.
    Those nips are the sole reason I watched the show. Can tell you which episodes and scenes they appear by the minute.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    The 15:17 to Paris was a decent film directed by Clint Eastwood.

It is the real-life story of three men whose brave act turned them into heroes during a high-speed railway ride. In the early evening of August 21, 2015, the world watched in stunned silence as the media reported a thwarted terrorist attack on train bound for Paris.

In an attempt prevented by three courageous young Americans traveling through Europe.

The heroic trio is comprised of Anthony Sadler, Oregon National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos, and U.S. Air Force Airman First Class Spencer Stone, who play themselves in the film
    @walrus if you get a chance to watch this then do it. Soldiers in training are heros too.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Hunter Killer last night. Aside from a few hard to believe scenes, I enjoyed it. My fav sub movie of all time still remains Crimson Tide, though.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 15:17 to Paris was a decent film directed by Clint Eastwood.

It is the real-life story of three men whose brave act turned them into heroes during a high-speed railway ride. In the early evening of August 21, 2015, the world watched in stunned silence as the media reported a thwarted terrorist attack on train bound for Paris.

In an attempt prevented by three courageous young Americans traveling through Europe.

The heroic trio is comprised of Anthony Sadler, Oregon National Guardsman Alek Skarlatos, and U.S. Air Force Airman First Class Spencer Stone, who play themselves in the film
    @walrus if you get a chance to watch this then do it. Soldiers in training are heros too.
    i watched it master. I thought it was a very good film. Clint picks good subjects and always puts out a good film. Cool how he used the real people involved

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Those nips are the sole reason I watched the show. Can tell you which episodes and scenes they appear by the minute.
    Only draw back was one being the ep where she and 'Chandler' are expecting a baby. She's in the stirups in labor, sweaty legs up in the air and I'm just thinking what a sick guy I must be still finding her legs so damn hot .

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only draw back was one being the ep where she and 'Chandler' are expecting a baby. She's in the stirups in labor, sweaty legs up in the air and I'm just thinking what a sick guy I must be still finding her legs so damn hot .
    That was Ross, not Chandler and yes those nips had past their peak by then.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Wizard of Lies (2017) 7.2/10

Informative movie with some very good acting, especially by Michelle Pfeiffer. The actor they chose to play Madoff's son Mark, Alessandro Nivola, looks almost exactly like him. However, the movie has none of Madoff's relatives knowing what he was doing, which is impossible. Interestingly, Diana Henriques, the author of the book the movie is based on, plays herself in this movie.

Last edited by Freedom; 11-07-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isolation (2005) 5.8/10

Really frightening, but rather sickeningly gruesome. Some scenes in this one are similar to those in other movies such as Alien and Threads. Cast includes some talented people in early roles, namely Essie Davis and Sean Harris.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amy of you yanks gunna watch death house, it's been released in the US today.

I know it's gunna be fucking terrible but written by Gunner Hansen (leatherface) starring Kane Hodder (Jason Vorhees) Sid Hague (house of 1000 corpses) Michael Berryman (hills have eyes) Tony Todd (candyman) barbara crampton (re-animator) Adrianne Barbeau (the fog) and a fuck load of other people.

I've tried everything to get it off the US version of Amazon and ITunes but I've not had any joy and it's not on showbox or anything yet.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Amy of you yanks gunna watch death house, it's been released in the US today.

I know it's gunna be fucking terrible but written by Gunner Hansen (leatherface) starring Kane Hodder (Jason Vorhees) Sid Hague (house of 1000 corpses) Michael Berryman (hills have eyes) Tony Todd (candyman) barbara crampton (re-animator) Adrianne Barbeau (the fog) and a fuck load of other people.

I've tried everything to get it off the US version of Amazon and ITunes but I've not had any joy and it's not on showbox or anything yet.
    Barbra Crampton used to look a bit of alright (got naked in a few movies as well)...I guess she's aged ok, I haven't seen her in a while.

I think every so often an 'Expendables' take on a different genre is needed. Karloff and Lugosi were in many movies together. The movies won't be GREAT as there's no way to get the most out of everyone (oft-times).

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You Were Never Really Here (2017) 4/10

Good storyline, but bad direction ruined it. Lynne Ramsay is one of those pretentious directors like Justin Kurzel who tries too hard to be clever and to please the critics, but her movies like this one do poorly at the box office.

El Kabong Guest

Dark Passage (1947)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039302/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Starring: Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall
    Plot: An inmate at San Quinton framed for a murder he didn't commit escapes and tries to piece together who set him up.

This Gun For Hire (1942)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035432/?ref_=nv_sr_1
    Starring: Alan Ladd and Veronica Lake
    Plot: A hitman is paid off in phony bills by his employer who is selling government secrets to the Japanese.

Both of these noir flicks were quality. They were shot well, some directors were impressive in their use of light and shadow as opposed to just filling the screen with too much the eye can't process it all. Very entertaining movies, I really do enjoy a quality noir flick.

Next up I've got more Game of Thrones which I'm in season 5 and I'm already quite bored with it but the wife likes it so I'm held hostage by her decision to have those in my queue .....other than that I've got Deadpool 2 and then Season 6 of GoT and then Christmas movies which so far include Mixed Nuts, SNL Christmas, A Merry Friggin Christmas, A Bing Crosby Christmas, and The Best of Andy Williams Christmas Shows.

Hard to believe it's already so close to that time of the year

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My movies are starting t pile up, Red dead is eating into their time.

Watched the new Predator. It was entertaining, but has nothing on the original.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information