Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: British RBR - Kevin McIntyre v Kevin Anderson II - British Welterweight Title.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default British RBR - Kevin McIntyre v Kevin Anderson II - British Welterweight Title.

Okay people.

Rhun is working this Friday so I'm filling in for him on the weekly British RBR's

This week see's the rematch between Kevin McIntrye (25-5,8KO's) v Kevin Anderson (20-2,12KO's) for the British Welterweight Title. If this match is half as good as the first it will be a cracker as in the first McIntyre the underdog, schooled Anderson to win a wide points victory in which Anderson was floored in the process.

Previews to follow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British RBR - Kevin McIntyre v Kevin Anderson II - British Welterweight Title.

should be a great fight, I recon McIntrye wins it by UD again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: British RBR - Kevin McIntyre v Kevin Anderson II - British Welterweight Title.

Okay the preview:

Kevin McIntyre - The table's have turned big for this guy. 4 out of 5 of his defeats have came by KO so has not got a great chin but he can certainly box. In the first Anderson bout he was a huge underdog but despite this showed great boxing skills, determination and big heart to win the prestigious British belt. He also showed his power flooring Anderson in the process of his convincing win. Previousley he defeated the then unbeaten 20-0 Tony Doherty and so he is without doubt the favourite coming into the fight. However Anderson had only fought a number of weeks before the 1st bout and it was clearly evident Anderson underestimated McIntrye. You wonder whether this win was a fluke and now a fully trained and prepared Anderson will snatch back his belt?

Kevin Anderson - Where do I start with him ?? Won the commenwealth title at 21 and lost a SD to Ali Nuumbembe before bouncing back with two solid wins over Eammon Magee (WPTS) and Francis Jones (WKO12). He had a EBU title shot lined up after what was suppose to be a easy win over McIntrye but the combination of underestimating his opponent and the confidence and belief in McIntyre seen Anderson lose for the second time in his career. Anderson has a good punch with a solid KO's including one over Young Mutley and scoring a knockdown over Irish toughman Eammon Magee. However he has been on the floor twice and against Nuumbembe he was outboxed through the majority of rounds. You wonder has Anderson met his bogeyman in McIntrye and will his confidence be at a low or will he learn from this crushing loss and bounce back?

The great thing about this fight is there are so many questions you can ask but my view is McIntrye will start strong and it will take a number of rounds for Anderson to get in the swing of things but once he does Anderson can be a dominant figure when up for a bout (Which I'm sure he will be for this) and boxes brilliantly with good combinations to the body and head. You also cannot ignore the fact McIntyre's 5 losses have all been by domestic fighters and none greater in ability than Anderson and so in conclusion I feel Anderson will gain revenge on McIntrye winning a narrow points victory.

Whatever the outcome it should be a great match but you wonder where the loser goes after this. Coverage to start Friday 9:30 PM UK time.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Lee, nice preview...I might catch the tail end of coverage when I come home tonight, but will probably miss the main fight.

I'll stick this up for you now, so no more searching for the thing. Personally I reckon Anderson, who is prone to having off nights, will come back strong in this one and reclaim his title. I'm just not sure how long he can hang on to it without losing it again.

Anyhow, good luck and I'll seeya later. And apparently I have to spread my rep around before I can give you more lefty.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My feeling on this one is that Anderson will be 100% focused and will gain revenge. I envisage a late stoppage or points decision. I think Anderson could win this clearly, but maybe not a shutout. When Anderson is on form, he can deal with McIntyre no problems.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wasn't sure what to do on the prediction contest. I mean I know shit about either of these guys, I go to boxrec and McIntyre won by like scores of 120-107 but then I come on here and a lot of the British posters are picking Anderson. I can understand if a guy overlooked somebody but 120-107 That's really overlooking somebody. I just went with McIntyre since I don't know anything about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Okay action to start in 30 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With the first fight, I never understoon why Anderson took the fight so soon after the Francis Jones fight, he looked wasted.
    I think the length between fights will mean the jock is more focused and will ko McIntyre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll just be glad to get this Rugby League off the channel. League sucks ass. 6 Nations Union rules. Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    I'll just be glad to get this Rugby League off the channel. League sucks ass. 6 Nations Union rules. Come on Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All Rugby sucks IMO, I hated playing it in high school too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In your opinion, fair enough. I love the sport, there aren't too many games fat asses like me can play, looking forward to this fight on telly though!

I reckon Willie John McBride coulda knocked Tyson out in his prime!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anderson looking focused in his ringwalk to some stupid song like you get at a kids party. McIntyre coming out to an all Scottish affair with men in kilts playing music and McIntyre gets a hugh welcome with boos for Anderson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Round 1:

fairly even round. Good shots landed from both and Anderson landing well to the body but McIntyre works the straights to the head, Anderson moving his head well and looked sharp but they both landed roughly the same.

10-10 even

Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great work by the director. He managed to get the ref, who is bigger than both of them put together, between them and the camera for at least half the first round.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this happening now? Someone needs to lock the prediction thread

Thread Information