Thread: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Francis is ranked in the top 10 WBC after his fight with Tyson Fury.
    Means fuck all, we all know the WBC are a bunch of fucking clowns. If AJ KO’s Ngannou, he won’t ever be heard of again.
    But he will have earned more in his Boxing career in 2 fights than anybody on the planet apart from maybe 7 or 8 guys in their whole careers.
    Does anybody think that’s fair , right , sensible ? End of.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Means fuck all, we all know the WBC are a bunch of fucking clowns. If AJ KO’s Ngannou, he won’t ever be heard of again.
    But he will have earned more in his Boxing career in 2 fights than anybody on the planet apart from maybe 7 or 8 guys in their whole careers.
    Does anybody think that’s fair , right , sensible ? End of.
    A lot of things seem really whacked out in this world but one thing is for sure if there is a market then the deal will be made and that is just reality

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m not naive. I’m fully aware of the reality of things today. But they’re only reality because we allow them to be.
    We don’t open our eyes and minds up to question this tripe.
    Here’s a bit of perspective.
    Fabio Wardley, Agit Kabayel, Jared Anderson.
    3 fighters from different countries, backgrounds, traction behind them. All unbeaten with a combined record of 57-0.
    All worked hard all their careers to get an opportunity , all on an upper momentum, all looking for big fights.
    They would highly likely ALL beat Ngannou.
    Ngannou , in these 2 fights , will have not only bigger purses than each of them has accumulated their whole careers, MAYBE EVEN IF YOU ADD THEM ALL TOGETHER!
    Let that sink in and wonder how you would feel if you were in their shoes.
    All because Ngannou has done “ok” in a different sport altogether.
    This is not a personal dig at Ngannou. I like the guy, I respect the work he put in for the Fury fight and felt he did a great job. And if he has the opportunity to earn life changing money, good luck to him, same goes for Joshua.
    This is more of a dig at the Boxing politics, the people like Hearn that promote this, the governing bodies for prostituting the sport and the “MUG” fans/general public for taking all this in and allowing themselves to be duped.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The world of Boxing is on AJ really. Losing is unthinkable.

Bcoz reading what Francis is saying about him Ko-ing AJ. He's starting to get a little cocky now.

So boxing fans like me are hoping that AJ humiliates Ngannou and proves to the world that Ngannou was just a one time lucky bum, who should have stuck to the cage, and who previously fought a guy who did not train because if Ngannou bk ups his Fury performance with another life and death fight against AJ ?

Boxing will be a laughing stock.

It's gonna be a terrible terrible look for boxing, to the point where even I'll start to question these fighters.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 01-13-2024 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You cannot stand in front of Ngannou and that is why Tyson Fury was able to squeak by even though he was clipped that one time and went down to the canvas but Anthony Joshua is a stationary target and he will stand pretty much in front of the guy and he is going to get blasted out

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strictly by design and to get him into another "show". Dropped the #2 completely and viola . Meanwhile #13 just destroyed a top three, surely now ranked ahead the 0-1 Ngannou.

It's all smoke n mirrors mate, just politricks to help push the "he's one of us" narrative.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't help but wish Ngannou hadn't knocked down fury....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    is it not also a business? do you not agree that it's a good fight from team aj's side?
    It’s a good fight for Hearn , but No I don’t think it’s a good fight for AJ. He will get criticised WHOEVER he fights unfortunately.
    But I believe that any top 15 HW Boxer in the World (probably top 50) would beat Ngannou.
    So at Joshua’s point of his career, how does this push him forward apart from increasing his bank balance?
    That’s not being disrespectful to Ngannou because I thought he did exceptionally well against Fury (and he won the fight) . But he is a novice.
    Yes, Boxing is a business, but let us not forget, first and foremost, it is a Sport.
    so eddie not part of team aj? as for aj, you don't think making easy money is good? you don't think staying active is good? you don't think getting one up on your rival is good? if aj is going to get criticised for whoever he fights then why not stay active & make good money while getting the opportunity to beat the guy who arguably defeated your rival, while waiting to see where the chips fall? do you believe aj is top fifteen? if so then it's a win for him. how this pushes aj forward is something he would need to answer, how each person motivates themselves is down to each individual. i agree francis is a novice but i want to see he goes against other heavyweights. it's been a very long time since boxing was just a sport

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post
    You cannot stand in front of Ngannou and that is why Tyson Fury was able to squeak by even though he was clipped that one time and went down to the canvas but Anthony Joshua is a stationary target and he will stand pretty much in front of the guy and he is going to get blasted out
    want an avatar bet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Can't help but wish Ngannou hadn't knocked down fury....
    tyson wishes that too
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arrow Re: Who is next for Anthony Joshua?

it's a good fight from team aj's side. he gets to fight a novice. he gets a chance to look good over the guy who embarrassed tyson. he gets to stay active. it's a big payday. francis gets another bag & depending how he performs he could be in more big money fights
    So is it a sport? Or is it some kind of Benevolent Charity for Boxers and MMA fighters?
    is it not also a business? do you not agree that it's a good fight from team aj's side?
    It’s a good fight for Hearn , but No I don’t think it’s a good fight for AJ. He will get criticised WHOEVER he fights unfortunately.
    But I believe that any top 15 HW Boxer in the World (probably top 50) would beat Ngannou.
    So at Joshua’s point of his career, how does this push him forward apart from increasing his bank balance?
    That’s not being disrespectful to Ngannou because I thought he did exceptionally well against Fury (and he won the fight) . But he is a novice.
    Yes, Boxing is a business, but let us not forget, first and foremost, it is a Sport.
    so eddie not part of team aj? So Eddie does everything for AJ’s benefit does he? Eddie is a part of many teams. But the first priority is Team Eddie. Or don’t you believe that?

as for aj, you don't think making easy money is good? Nothing worth having ever comes easy.
    you don't think staying active is good? Yes. But I’d prefer he stayed active against Zhang, Hrgovic or a ranked Boxer with a winning record. But if you prefer circus acts, crack on.
    you don't think getting one up on your rival is good? Fury isn’t his rival…….until he loses to Usyk, maybe twice. At least a year away. The only way he wants to get one up on Fury is by beating him. The rest is bullshit.

if aj is going to get criticised for whoever he fights then why not stay active & make good money while getting the opportunity to beat the guy who arguably defeated your rival, while waiting to see where the chips fall?
    AJ makes good money WHOEVER he fights. AJ is carrying the HW Division. Usyk is the best, but AJ is the money. Hence why for him , it’s legacy, not bullshit. Unfortunately Eddie has other ideas.
    do you believe aj is top fifteen? I actually believe AJ is between #2 & #4.
    if so then it's a win for him. how this pushes aj forward is something he would need to answer, how each person motivates themselves is down to each individual. i agree francis is a novice but i want to see he goes against other heavyweights. it's been a very long time since boxing was just a sport
    yep, it’s easy when you can’t justify something or don’t have an answer , to wash your hands of it and say “that’s for him to answer “ of “Ask AJ” whereas I have answered every single question you put. Anything else you want to know? AJ is the money, but he knows he can’t continue being that he can’t take too many circus options, whereas Fury can. Why? Because they’re different and they have different ideas of what they want out of all this.
    I hope I’ve done this right, took me ages!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so eddie not part of team aj? So Eddie does everything for AJ’s benefit does he? Eddie is a part of many teams. But the first priority is Team Eddie. Or don’t you believe that?

as for aj, you don't think making easy money is good? Nothing worth having ever comes easy.
    you don't think staying active is good? Yes. But I’d prefer he stayed active against Zhang, Hrgovic or a ranked Boxer with a winning record. But if you prefer circus acts, crack on.
    you don't think getting one up on your rival is good? Fury isn’t his rival…….until he loses to Usyk, maybe twice. At least a year away. The only way he wants to get one up on Fury is by beating him. The rest is bullshit.

if aj is going to get criticised for whoever he fights then why not stay active & make good money while getting the opportunity to beat the guy who arguably defeated your rival, while waiting to see where the chips fall?
    AJ makes good money WHOEVER he fights. AJ is carrying the HW Division. Usyk is the best, but AJ is the money. Hence why for him , it’s legacy, not bullshit. Unfortunately Eddie has other ideas.
    do you believe aj is top fifteen? I actually believe AJ is between #2 & #4.
    if so then it's a win for him. how this pushes aj forward is something he would need to answer, how each person motivates themselves is down to each individual. i agree francis is a novice but i want to see he goes against other heavyweights. it's been a very long time since boxing was just a sport
    yep, it’s easy when you can’t justify something or don’t have an answer , to wash your hands of it and say “that’s for him to answer “ of “Ask AJ” whereas I have answered every single question you put. Anything else you want to know? AJ is the money, but he knows he can’t continue being that he can’t take too many circus options, whereas Fury can. Why? Because they’re different and they have different ideas of what they want out of all this.
    I hope I’ve done this right, took me ages!

[QUOTE=Primo Carnera;1661467]
    the question was is eddie not part of team aj?

disagree

i also would prefer aj to fight zhilei or filip, i'd also like to see them fight each other again. a fight with filip would probably be for the vacant ibf belt. who knows how long before a potential tyson v oleksandr rematch would need to be enforced & how long before the belt becomes vacant? could be a reason team aj decided to sign a fight & keep active. francis is techincally ranked. records can be deceiving, you yourself said you thought francis won. i just want to see how francis goes against other heavyweights

disagree. tyson is one aj's biggest rivals & it's one of the biggest fights that could have been made over the last several years & still can be, along with aj v deontay fight. oleksandr got in the way. disagree, you can get one up on someone without beating them

aj does make good money whoever he fights. i disagree that aj is carrying the division. i agree that oleksandr is the best & aj is the money

how this pushes aj forward is something he would need to answer, how each person motivates themselves is down to each individual. i agree francis is a novice but i want to see he goes against other heavyweights. it's been a very long time since boxing was just a sport
    i'm not trying to wash my hands of anything. you are asking for an opinion on another man's mentality & how that individual motivates themselves. i could speculate but it would be pointless. one thing i will add that i forgot to mention before is that by fighting francis in march, as well as keeping active it also gives aj another full camp with ben davison, how many trailers is he on now in his last few fights? you havent answered every single question i asked. you didn't answer if eddie is part of team aj. you didn't answer if making easy money is good. there is lots i want to know. are we not able to have a civil discussion? my original comment was that this is a good fight for team aj & that francis gets another opportunity & depending how he performs he might get more, you have not shown anything that goes against that comment yet
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We are having a civil conversation.
    I have answered all your questions, you just didn’t like the answers.
    I just don’t want to turn this page into a book it’s all the quotes. So I’ve tried to be as clear as possible in a manner as brief as possible.
    Eddie is part of team AJ, but is part of many teams, of which AJ the fighter is not his top priority. Team DAZN, Team Matchroom and Team Eddie all come above that in priority to Eddie.
    Easy money is subjective . Is it easy?
    When I ask about how this pushes AJ forward, I’m not talking about his mental state. I’m talking about in his quest to regain a world title. That is just an opinion I’m asking for based on what we know , no different to most of the other stuff we debate.
    From what I remember , we agree to disagree on the rest of it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another very good card. joseph & zhilei running towards eah other is how boxing should be

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just don’t want to turn this page into a book it’s all the quotes. So I’ve tried to be as clear as possible in a manner as brief as possible.
    Eddie is part of team AJ, but is part of many teams, of which AJ the fighter is not his top priority. Team DAZN, Team Matchroom and Team Eddie all come above that in priority to Eddie.
    When I ask about how this pushes AJ forward, I’m not talking about his mental state. I’m talking about in his quest to regain a world title. That is just an opinion I’m asking for based on what we know , no different to most of the other stuff we debate.
    you've answered that eddie is part of team aj in this post, not before. eddie's teams & priorities are irrelevant to my question. eddie is either part of team aj or he's not. easy money is subjective. in this case, fighting is not the easiest way to earn money to start with. personally i think francis is an easier fight than zhilei & probably easier than filip for aj. apologies, i thought when you asked how this pushes aj forward, you were asking about his motivation & mentality to push him forward. as i mentioned in my previous post, another full camp with ben davison, that can only be beneficial in my opinion & help towards his quest to regain the world title. i don't actually think aj gets the ibf shot if it becomes vacant (i see filip v daniel dubois happening instead based on boxing politics), the saudi's have already stated that they want the winners of tyson v oleksandr & aj v francis to fight each other

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you've answered that eddie is part of team aj in this post, not before. eddie's teams & priorities are irrelevant to my question. eddie is either part of team aj or he's not. easy money is subjective. in this case, fighting is not the easiest way to earn money to start with. personally i think francis is an easier fight than zhilei & probably easier than filip for aj. apologies, i thought when you asked how this pushes aj forward, you were asking about his motivation & mentality to push him forward. as i mentioned in my previous post, another full camp with ben davison, that can only be beneficial in my opinion & help towards his quest to regain the world title. i don't actually think aj gets the ibf shot if it becomes vacant (i see filip v daniel dubois happening instead based on boxing politics), the saudi's have already stated that they want the winners of tyson v oleksandr & aj v francis to fight each other
    For the record, and after this , I’ll park this because our opinions are clear on this.
    The original question was “do you not think this is a good fight for Team AJ?” So that is why I answered , it’s a good fight for Eddie, but not necessarily the best fight for AJ.
    It was then that you asked “Is Eddie not part of team AJ?” Which you could say is irrelevant going by your rationale.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

another very good card. joseph & zhilei running towards eah other is how boxing should be
    So that’s Wilder done then? Props to Zhang and Parker. Winner keeps moving forward.

Thread Information