Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar still wants Hatton.....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...958134,00.html

"Let's enjoy the holidays and then see if we can make 147lbs, which I'm sure we can, and then take it from there," said de la Hoya.

Seems Unlikely as I doubt Hatton will fight at 147 again and Billy Graham really doesn't want him to.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar still wants Hatton.....

There is really little point in fighting Oscar. Hatton is not cut out for 147 and Oscar really should fight someone his own size.

Hatton belongs at 140. No question.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would Hatton fight someone that's bigger than Mayweather at 147? Well there is the payday thing.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd be inclined to take a De la Hoya Fight.

Oscar would be considerably weakened by making 147 and the money would be huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Money talks my friend. I've said it before and you can check my posts in the Who should Oscar fight next thread. Oscar wants Hatton. Oscar wants nothing more than a big money fight he can actually win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its a n easy night for oscar --most likely kayo within a couple rounds id love to see ricky rush in to hug and grab like he does and have dlh crack him silly with the left hook

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its kinda weird to see these two fight when they show so much respect for each other and call each other ' mate ' for them to step in the ring and beat each other up... but as the thread says, its all about the money...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    its kinda weird to see these two fight when they show so much respect for each other and call each other ' mate ' for them to step in the ring and beat each other up... but as the thread says, its all about the money...
    I was thinking that last week tbh. I'm not sure about this fight. On the one hand, if it was made for next summer, Hatton could grow into WW properly in that time. He has said that he wants the biggest fights so moving doen to 140 would go against that. Oscar at 147 would also be weakened. In many ways I want to see the fight. Hatton DLH at Wembley would be huge and I would get to go along which would be amazing. Could he win? I don't know, but it would be another mega fight and probably £10m for Hatton, I don't think he'd say no.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton should fight De La Hoya. I wouldn't mind seeing Hatton get knocked the fuck out again

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No No No bad news

Oscar is too big

Hatton would get KO'd imo.

Hatton aint a welterweight

suppose it all comes down to whats more important to him.....money or his legacy.

continuing to fight welter weights will have a negative effect on his legacy.

He's too small. End of.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Hatton should fight De La Hoya. I wouldn't mind seeing Hatton get knocked the F*** out again
    Wouldn't mind seeing you get knocked the fuck out
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so do you think odlh would actually come over and have it at wembley or city of manchester stadium like he has claimed he would?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If DLH still wants to fight Hatton, Hatton takes the fight and would be a fool not to. Sure, he would lose, probably by KO, but the cash you get from fighting DLH--any man would be a fool to pass it up. After that fight, go back to 140 and reel off a couple of wins and then call it a career.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reading in between the lines of what Floyd said :
    I thought Floyd was waiting for an invite into a rematch over on English soil ?
    "I love you English fans", "I have always said I would love to go and fight in England"...Hint.
    How about Cotto /Mayweather on netural ground?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see why these two want to fight each other I mean financially it's a huge windfall for both of them, probably the two biggest fanbases in boxing colliding.

However as a fight I really don't want to see this. Hatton has shown himself to be too small against a small welterwight how in the hell can he be expected to fight a large junior middlweight?

For Hatton I'd rather he tried to pursuade Juan Diaz to move up although I can see that there is not even one third of the money in that fight so from Ricky's own standpoint a fight with Oscar makes MUCH more sense.

For Oscar though surely he has enough money already? Why not actually try and make something of his career and challenge Vernon Forrest or Cory Spinks for a 154lb title.

If he wants to stay at 147 then I'm sure Cotto, Williams and Margarito would love to add him to their resume's and I expect Shane Mosely would be only too happy to try for a hatrick against Oscar. Those are the fights he should be taking, big fights that would actually mean something.

Hatton vs De La Hoya is about as meaningless and interesting to me as Jones Jr vs Trinidad. Neither is a boxing match that actually contributes anything to the sport in terms of titles, rankings etc. It's just basically the equivalent of an England vs France International friendly in soccer or a pre season exhibition game between the Patriots and 49'ers'.

A nice enough event but it doesn't actually have any significance at all to the rest of the boxing world.

Thread Information