Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  56
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter? Eh?

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Black Lives Matter? Eh?

When one of the founders of BLM (the organization) states openly and proudly "We are trained Marxists" I take them at their word. When they say "defund" or "abolish" the police, I take them at their word.

I want 100% of everyone to be offered the opportunity to live as good of a life as I have or even better. Marxism won't provide that and one doesn't need to look very hard to see what Marxism will bring. Marxism doesn't build, it doesn't create, it destroys...what's happening in Portland and Minneapolis and Seattle isn't "creation" it's not even "protesting" it's violent revolt which is being aided and abetted by the local leaders.

It is what it is.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    When one of the founders of BLM (the organization) states openly and proudly "We are trained Marxists" I take them at their word. When they say "defund" or "abolish" the police, I take them at their word.

I want 100% of everyone to be offered the opportunity to live as good of a life as I have or even better. Marxism won't provide that and one doesn't need to look very hard to see what Marxism will bring. Marxism doesn't build, it doesn't create, it destroys...what's happening in Portland and Minneapolis and Seattle isn't "creation" it's not even "protesting" it's violent revolt which is being aided and abetted by the local leaders.

It is what it is.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

It is what it is.
    Oh that's what you keyed on? I guess you missed the other part

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is what it is.
    Oh that's what you keyed on? I guess you missed the other part
    Well that is admirable of you, Lyle. Now Marxism may or may not provide that, it isnt measured by the word Marxism but by the proper implemetation of it. Imean there are plenty of "democracies" where it aint very democratic, but that doesnt mean democracy is a bad thing.

There, so I keyed in on you on your altruism and that is admirable. And you're right, there is no creation in the Pac NW, it seems to be a lot of piling on and mixed messages up there.

El Kabong Guest

Well that is admirable of you, Lyle. Now Marxism may or may not provide that, it isnt measured by the word Marxism but by the proper implemetation of it. Imean there are plenty of "democracies" where it aint very democratic, but that doesnt mean democracy is a bad thing.

There, so I keyed in on you on your altruism and that is admirable. And you're right, there is no creation in the Pac NW, it seems to be a lot of piling on and mixed messages up there.
    How does Marxism come about? Does it come in a vote? Or does it come in a violent revolution? How does it look like it's coming?

The people whose voices need to be heard have long been pushed to the back and their cause usurped by violent Marxist thugs and BLM INC has aided and abetted that as well as Antifa.

So, let's get back on topic shall we? Black Lives Matter...

Do THOSE lives matter?

Did this one?

The list is growing every single day and who is to stop it? Social Workers? BLM INC? Where are they? Where the fuck is BLM INC when THAT happens every single fucking day? Shootings up 200% in NYC and where's BLM INC? They're attempting to shut down the police that's where the fuck they are like good little Bolsheviks.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I get, Lyle, what you're saying, and of course all those videos of the lives snuffed out mattered. But you must admit that Black Lives Matter is a thought process and an idea which has made the issues more known and out in the open for public debate and real change. A lot of change lately would either not have happened at all or would have happened much later on down the road; it has raised awareness and really brought painful issues to the forefront, and for that it is a good thing.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Breibart. Oh...... ok.

The initial quote from Breibart:

"The Black Lives Matter movement filed a lawsuit in federal court on Thursday to prevent President Donald Trump from sending 200 federal law enforcement officials to help Mayor Lori Lightfoot fight surging crime in the city."

Wow.... sounds terrible.

Let's check in on another source.

Initial quote from ABC Eyewitness News in Chicago:

"A collection of Chicago activist groups want a judge to block federal agents sent to the city to combat violent crime by President Donald Trump from interfering in or policing protests, arguing in a lawsuit filed Thursday that that the surge will inhibit residents' ability to hold demonstrations."

Whoa! Sounds a lot different.

So the suit is actually to keep the federal agents from "interfering in or policing protests." Ok.

Another quote from that article:

"The lawsuit also asks a judge to prevent agents in Chicago from making arrests or detaining people without probable cause and to require agents to identify themselves and their agency before taking either action and explain why someone is being arrested."

News bias is a terrible thing.

I'm not going to comment further on this at the time....... as I think further comment on my part is unnecessary.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't need BML or any other 'group' protest to highlight the glaring off the rails Government overreach and trampling of Constitution and State by this Admin. Since the EO in June and Barr casting the dye of 'extremes' it was a rapid ratcheting up of Federal interjection and took one news cycle to meld any and all political opposition and dissenting voices under the same crutch of insurrection commie. Embarrassing how many are rolling over with tickled arses in the air for these Authoritarian minded propaganda stunts that are guaranteed to undermine local Governments and grow movements and spill into the streets. They're counting on it..

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Breibart. Oh...... ok.

The initial quote from Breibart:

"The Black Lives Matter movement filed a lawsuit in federal court on Thursday to prevent President Donald Trump from sending 200 federal law enforcement officials to help Mayor Lori Lightfoot fight surging crime in the city."

Wow.... sounds terrible.

Let's check in on another source.

Initial quote from ABC Eyewitness News in Chicago:

"A collection of Chicago activist groups want a judge to block federal agents sent to the city to combat violent crime by President Donald Trump from interfering in or policing protests, arguing in a lawsuit filed Thursday that that the surge will inhibit residents' ability to hold demonstrations."

Whoa! Sounds a lot different.

So the suit is actually to keep the federal agents from "interfering in or policing protests." Ok.

Another quote from that article:

"The lawsuit also asks a judge to prevent agents in Chicago from making arrests or detaining people without probable cause and to require agents to identify themselves and their agency before taking either action and explain why someone is being arrested."

News bias is a terrible thing.

I'm not going to comment further on this at the time....... as I think further comment on my part is unnecessary.
    Oh so it's news bias is it? Well let's check on some other sources and see just what the heck is happening in Chicago right now shall we?

Chicago Murders and Shootings Up, Overall Crime Down Halfway Through 2020, Police Say
    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...e-say/2298155/
    Six months into the year, 329 people have been killed in Chicago, an increase of about 34% from the 246 homicides during the same period last year, according to police. Shootings in that period rose by about 42%, from 978 in 2019 to 1384 in 2020.

Homicides up 34% in CHICAGO a place previously called "ChIraq" due to the violence in the city. And shootings rose by 42%. Now I wonder who golly gee gosh darn, just WHO is getting shot and killed there?

Crime Has Declined Overall During The Pandemic, But Shootings And Killings Are Up
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/20/89241...illings-are-up

Chicago Gun Violence Spikes and Increasingly Finds the Youngest Victims
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/u...shootings.html
    Nine children under the age of 18 have been shot dead in Chicago since June 20.

Trump announces 'surge' of federal officers to Chicago as he campaigns on 'law and order' mantle
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/polit...que/index.html
    Using ominous rhetoric and dark language to describe cities run by Democrats as rife with crime and violence, Trump suggested Wednesday he had little option but to take steps those leaders haven't to save innocent lives.
    "No mother should ever have to cradle her dead child in her arms simply because politicians refused to do what is necessary to secure their neighborhood and to secure their city," he said during a mid-afternoon event in the East Room.
    Trump's campaign has increasingly turned to dark themes of violence and chaos as it seeks to falsely paint his Democratic rival Joe Biden as anti-police. Since protests spread throughout the country following the murder of George Floyd, Trump has worked to cultivate a tough-on-crime message that includes the federal law enforcement efforts now underway.
    Speaking at the same event as Trump, Attorney General Bill Barr criticized what he called "extreme reactions that have demonized police" in the wake of Floyd's killing, which he blamed for "a significant increase in violent crime in many cities."

Trump was announcing the expansion of the Operation Legend initiative, a Justice Department program first established in Kansas City earlier this month that utilizes federal law enforcement officers from the FBI, US Marshals Service, Drug Enforcement Administration and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to combat violent crime.
    Trump said he was dispatching additional federal law enforcement into other American cities, including Chicago, to tamp down on "heinous crimes of violence."

Surely you can read past CNN's reporting slant using the term "ominous" & "dark"...seems The President wishes for fewer children to be murdered and for property not to be wantonly destroyed by mobs. But hey I guess he just has a hard on for locking people up...people who are just "protesting" instead of "committing heinous crimes of violence"

28 dead...non violent protests "mostly peaceful" they said.

I don't have to look very far or very hard to find violent rioters. It's far from peaceful and in Chicago it's not rioters or protesters that is the concern it's malicious violent activity which statistically is on a hell of an increase AND if Trump sat back and did nothing what do you think would be the narrative? It would be "This is Donald Trump's America, he allows this to occur" so he's sending in federal law enforcement because they hopefully won't be hamstrung by the mayors who are participating and encouraging this bullshit.

I spoke with my good buddy who is from Portland last night...he's ashamed and embarrassed of how his city has responded. He's no die hard Trumper either, he's more of a "Don't make me vote for this guy, don't make me, I don't want to...awww shit I've got no other choice" kind of voter and he's fucking PISSED at his city and it's shitdick Mayor.

El Kabong Guest

@TitoFan https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/sta...808325120?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Don't need BML or any other 'group' protest to highlight the glaring off the rails Government overreach and trampling of Constitution and State by this Admin. Since the EO in June and Barr casting the dye of 'extremes' it was a rapid ratcheting up of Federal interjection and took one news cycle to meld any and all political opposition and dissenting voices under the same crutch of insurrection commie. Embarrassing how many are rolling over with tickled arses in the air for these Authoritarian minded propaganda stunts that are guaranteed to undermine local Governments and grow movements and spill into the streets. They're counting on it..
    It IS an insurrection and it has been since 2016.

I'm quite shocked how many Democrats are suggesting that IF Trump were to lose in November (which he certainly won't) he wouldn't vacate the White House. Seriously? After the bogus FBI investigation and the 3 years worth of bullshit we had to sit through all for what? But now you're telling me "Akshully, Trump won't accept the election results" ....the fucking balls on those people.

This ain't about "peaceful protests" and everyone fucking knows it. Peaceful protests don't involve destruction of property or mob violence. These people aren't harmed by police with no cause. That guy shot in the head with the less lethal round....yeah he was ordered to disperse because there was a riot and yet he not only stayed, but threw a smoke canister back in the direction of the police. Should he have been shot in the head? No, but does every single shot go where you want it to? Nope. I guess there have been 0 police injuries due to rioters...or would that make the news these days?

I'm ok with feds being sent in because I'd appreciate if the violence stopped because I care about my countrymen regardless their color or gender or religion or sexual preference. But hey if the protests NEED to be violent then those aren't really "protests" are they? Chicago has been out of control a long time, but for other large cities to ALSO enjoy massive spikes in crime, yeah I'm not excited about that. How's New Orleans doing in regards to crime?

New Orleans homicides increase this year compared to last despite quarantine
    https://www.fox8live.com/2020/06/16/...te-quarantine/
    After a violent weekend in New Orleans, the NOPD says shootings and homicides increased by 58 percent compared to the same timeframe last year.

Oooh sounds lovely

Judging from how this year has gone so far I wouldn't say Martial Law is out of the realm of possibility but make no mistake I sure as shit ain't calling for it. I'm ready for shit to go back to normal, I've BEEN ready, but I guess people still want to protest (which is allowed) but I can't go to a bar? They can riot and burn down city blocks, MURDER people, and I can't go to Church or the gym. I guess I better join in the violence then....sure as shit ain't anything else to do.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lyle...... you and I are both in agreement on just how much a "shithole" parts of Chicago are right now. That point is not in contention.

In fact..... Trump's sending of Federal agents to Chicago to help with the runaway crime should be more than welcome. Once again..... that's not the point in contention.

What peaceful protesters in Chicago (yes..... they DO exist) want is some sort of assurance that they can protest PEACEFULLY and won't be accosted by Federal agents.

Surely that's not too much to ask.

Let's be honest here.

Both sides are equally adept and persistent in pushing their respective agendas. This isn't a one-way street.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that maybe some people (blacks AND whites) want to conduct peaceful protests in Chicago because TO THEM this racial issue (ignited by George Floyd) is STILL worth protesting over??

As long as we continue denying the existence of a middle ground on BOTH sides..... we're never going to get anywhere as a society trying to heal its wounds.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Lyle...... you and I are both in agreement on just how much a "shithole" parts of Chicago are right now. That point is not in contention.

In fact..... Trump's sending of Federal agents to Chicago to help with the runaway crime should be more than welcome. Once again..... that's not the point in contention.

What peaceful protesters in Chicago (yes..... they DO exist) want is some sort of assurance that they can protest PEACEFULLY and won't be accosted by Federal agents.

Surely that's not too much to ask.

Let's be honest here.

Both sides are equally adept and persistent in pushing their respective agendas. This isn't a one-way street.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that maybe some people (blacks AND whites) want to conduct peaceful protests in Chicago because TO THEM this racial issue (ignited by George Floyd) is STILL worth protesting over??

As long as we continue denying the existence of a middle ground on BOTH sides..... we're never going to get anywhere as a society trying to heal its wounds.
    Protest peacefully and then there's no reason for ANY force....they're not "protesting peacefully" nor do they intend to.

I actually feel a little bad for the PEACEFUL protesters, but yes 100% yes there are people usurping the death of George Floyd in order to attempt some Bolshevik revolution. Maybe they're LARPing I don't know if they are mentally damaged or simply inept, but that's what they're doing...they want to overthrow the system abolish the system....are those the words of people who wish to accomplish policy? NO! They're the words of people at war against America and YES there are many of those and they're well funded too.

There's a protest oooh hey there's a palate of bricks. Nobody reports on it or asks "Gee I wonder who paid for this"

There's a protest with police attending oooooh hey a trunk full of baseball bats. Nobody reports on it or asks "Gee I wonder who paid for this"

NYPD's highest ranked uniformed officer was assaulted. He had his fucking head cracked open AFTER he kneeled in "solidarity" with BLM....so yeah that crosses my red line, I'm 100% done with it. I've gone downtown in my city, actually had a nice time, talking to people putting up murals on the plywood that covers the windows of the buildings downtown, I work downtown....my city, our problems are minuscule in comparison. I live in a city where we've seen firsthand violence in the Civil Rights era, we've had little to no issue with violence in our protests and knock on wood little to no property damage as well.

I see Portland, I see Seattle, I see NYC, I see Chicago, I see St. Louis...you know the "racist cities of the former Confederacy" and I'm sorry that ain't for George Floyd, they don't know or care who George Floyd is or give a shit how he died. They want a revolution, listen to them, "defund the police, abolish the police" who is in charge then? THE MOB...no nation stands if that is allowed. NONE.

The people currently involved in these "protests" know full well they aren't "protests" and yet they're bringing children and mothers, and pregnant women to hide behind while rocks, bottles, molotov cocktails are thrown. It's not right and it needs to be ended before we wind up with a Kent State situation. But these idiots will push until that happens it's what they want.

El Kabong Guest

She was shot in the back OMG start up the protests!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

when LYLE SAYS "THEY" are not protesting peacefully, therein lies the problem of extremism. That is def the lumping together of all the protestors, the hooligans/provocateurs AND the legit ones.

Thread Information