Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Protocal for deleting a thread

Basically, what I am wondering is when is it acceptable to delete (or lock) a thread and not just move it/delete individual posts.

The thread below has been reported by KKisser, justifiable so in my opinion, and I wonder if it wouldn't be best to scrap it entirely rather than just delete certain posts as I can't see it going anywhere good. I'm going to start by moving it off the main board

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...tml#post830578

Edit: I think deleting it entirely might be a bit over the top after a few minutes of thinking about it.
    Last edited by CFH; 12-31-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Protocal for deleting a thread

well i didn't read the post as the title said it all and the fact you made this post made me think it needed removing so i just deleted it

its your call lock, move, delete whatever you think is best but for me the title said delete even when its hidden it encourages unhealthy talk that would prob filter into the other boards.

but there is no right or wrong rule really just your own opinion on what you think is best

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

added to that we don;t want the hidden boards turning pac as its a good place to escape the madness ;0

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post
    well i didn't read the post as the title said it all and the fact you made this post made me think it needed removing so i just deleted it

its your call lock, move, delete whatever you think is best but for me the title said delete even when its hidden it encourages unhealthy talk that would prob filter into the other boards.

but there is no right or wrong rule really just your own opinion on what you think is best
    That's kind of how I felt, but I don't want to be too heavy-handed. Might get accused of abusing my powers again .

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddo View Post

That's kind of how I felt, but I don't want to be too heavy-handed. Might get accused of abusing my powers again .
    fuck them mate all we have is our opinion on right and wrong for the good of the forum and if we lose that the place is fucked... and your calls i have never doubted one bit, you totally get it... thats why your a mod

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

by the power of Greyskull do it CFH.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    I used to run around shouting "By the power of Greyskull!" when I was a kid. Apparently I just loved that show.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    used to love that when i was a kid... think your showing your age there battle cat

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry CFH...

All these other fuckers (Missy included) go on power trips.
    Talking about my cock is bigger then yours (Missy included) as it goes you'll learn to just ignore it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I go on a couple of other forums (not boxing) and mods are generally complete nobheads!!

On one football forum I go on, it is totally unacceptable to have a different opinion to a mod, if you do they usually close the thread. One of the members told a mod to 'get a life' and the mod replied............" I suggest you watch your tone when addressing a moderator" Ahahahahahahahahaha - what a koont
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wink Re: Protocal for deleting a thread

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Don't worry CFH...

All these other fuckers (Missy included) go on power trips.
    Talking about my cock is bigger then yours (Missy included) as it goes you'll learn to just ignore it.

Mine is.
    Fact

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool Re: Protocal for deleting a thread

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I go on a couple of other forums (not boxing) and mods are generally complete nobheads!!

On one football forum I go on, it is totally unacceptable to have a different opinion to a mod, if you do they usually close the thread. One of the members told a mod to 'get a life' and the mod replied............" I suggest you watch your tone when addressing a moderator" Ahahahahahahahahaha - what a koont

the first mod to use that line (myself excluded) gets + repped 10 times from me

Also, can we start the, put a song title/lyric in your post, again? See how long till someone notices.

Thread Information