Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Is anyone truly suggesting that Bradley lost that fight? I find that a strange way of thinking and especially as there was seemingly no KD in the first (I think there should have been a knockdown). Even with 2 scored KD's Provodnikov was outboxed throughout 3 quarters of the fight. That makes it closer, but an actual loss for Bradley? Peculiar.
    The way the referee ruled the knockdowns and did NOT rule the knockdowns made the decision pretty much have to go to Bradley. You are right with only 1 kd to his credit, Prodnik or as Roy says "whatever his name is" could not win on points.

Pat Russell had a lot to do with the outcome in this one. Constantly going over to Roach's corner to try to stop it after Ruslan had just beat the hell outta Bradley the round before !

Then hovering over Povidnikov about stopping it on the cut.

Then letting the fight go on much longer than most refs would when Bradley was on queer street and FINALLY ruling a knockdown oh so conveniently with 10 seconds left in the damn fight !

Bradley is a warrior and he showed inhuman heart. Proodnikov did as well, and pretty much Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor'd Bradley's ass.

All of this from the #10 140 lber in the world !!!
    Yes, it was a poor refereeing job. Even if the ref had missed the KD, I would have given him the count for simply falling on his arse like a Zab Judah wannabe. The guy was clearly hurt and falling over. You have to count him as he can't even stand up properly!

Rematch! It was a lesser skilled puncher against a better fighter who had forgot it was fight night. I doubt a rematch would be in any way as eventful. A cautious, safe Bradley shutting his man out is what I want to see.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Is anyone truly suggesting that Bradley lost that fight? I find that a strange way of thinking and especially as there was seemingly no KD in the first (I think there should have been a knockdown). Even with 2 scored KD's Provodnikov was outboxed throughout 3 quarters of the fight. That makes it closer, but an actual loss for Bradley? Peculiar.
    The way the referee ruled the knockdowns and did NOT rule the knockdowns made the decision pretty much have to go to Bradley. You are right with only 1 kd to his credit, Prodnik or as Roy says "whatever his name is" could not win on points.

Pat Russell had a lot to do with the outcome in this one. Constantly going over to Roach's corner to try to stop it after Ruslan had just beat the hell outta Bradley the round before !

Then hovering over Povidnikov about stopping it on the cut.

Then letting the fight go on much longer than most refs would when Bradley was on queer street and FINALLY ruling a knockdown oh so conveniently with 10 seconds left in the damn fight !

Bradley is a warrior and he showed inhuman heart. Proodnikov did as well, and pretty much Chavez vs. Meldrick Taylor'd Bradley's ass.

All of this from the #10 140 lber in the world !!!
    Yes, it was a poor refereeing job. Even if the ref had missed the KD, I would have given him the count for simply falling on his arse like a Zab Judah wannabe. The guy was clearly hurt and falling over. You have to count him as he can't even stand up properly!

Rematch! It was a lesser skilled puncher against a better fighter who had forgot it was fight night. I doubt a rematch would be in any way as eventful. A cautious, safe Bradley shutting his man out is what I want to see.
    I wanted to see Bradley get his ass humbled and stopped in this one. But, yes in a rematch Bradley would def box smart. However, I think the unorthodox punches of Jirov Jr. would end up catching him again. Bradley has a terrible habit of rising up after punching, which got him hurt a lot in this one. What heart though to rally back.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jirov Jnr

I guess Bradley will actually do quit well financially now he has established himself as a fighter you would pay to watch lose
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Bradley was a walking concussion in this fight, he said so himself. He changed his game and boxed given that but he was in no way walking away with clean & comfort rounds like some boxing guru. He was hurt badly, and hurt on the reg.

It was no robbery but one guy alone did the clear hurting in this fight.
    It doesn't matter if you beat someone up for 3 rounds and lose the other 9. Boxing is scored on a round by round basis and Bradley outlanded his opponent by a good 130 punches. Provodnikov won the event, but the fight was won by Bradley. The difference in power was obvious, but so was the difference in skill for the vast majority of the fight. Bradley was largely in control in all but rounds 1, 2 and 12 IMO. Provodnikov had his moments in other rounds, but he was largely outboxed. The only reason it was close is because Bradley had the red mist from the off. He fought a tactically terrible fight, but his class won him the rounds. He was a much better boxer.
    I find myself agreeing with miles...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

holy shit I just watched this one - great fight

Bradley has one hell of a chin

How many time would Amir have been knocked out in that fight ?

No doubt he'll stay clear of either.....
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan beats Bradley. Full Stop.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    and Provodnikov ?
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cracking fight!never thought ad say that watching Bradley.was on the edge ov my seat hoping he would get knocked out but credit when it's due he has some chin and conditioning to come bk from the first two rounds.think Bradley just done enough to nick it but that last round he showed alot ov heart to survive!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bradley was a walking concussion in this fight, he said so himself. He changed his game and boxed given that but he was in no way walking away with clean & comfort rounds like some boxing guru. He was hurt badly, and hurt on the reg.

It doesn't matter if you beat someone up for 3 rounds and lose the other 9. Boxing is scored on a round by round basis and Bradley outlanded his opponent by a good 130 punches. Provodnikov won the event, but the fight was won by Bradley. The difference in power was obvious, but so was the difference in skill for the vast majority of the fight. Bradley was largely in control in all but rounds 1, 2 and 12 IMO. Provodnikov had his moments in other rounds, but he was largely outboxed. The only reason it was close is because Bradley had the red mist from the off. He fought a tactically terrible fight, but his class won him the rounds. He was a much better boxer.
    Actually it does. Simply a kd in each of the three rounds and you have yourself a draw. You can have all the skill in the world but power is the game changer and the automatic eraser when its effects are obvious and take the opponent out of his gameplan, not to mention put him on queerstreet at multiple times. This is not amatuer boxing and sheer numbers do not outweigh impact effective punching! As fights are round by round they are also minute to minute and wobbling halfway across the ring and clearly stunned off two negates early jabbing in my book. Quality over quantity. This was a close mutual scrap with hearts on sleeves by both and the benifit goes to the Champion they say, unless you are Manny, but to suggest that Bradley was waltzing away with clean rounds while also being hurt badly, forced into exchanges, is a distortion of what it means to "hit and not be hit!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually it does. Simply a kd in each of the three rounds and you have yourself a draw. You can have all the skill in the world but power is the game changer and the automatic eraser when its effects are obvious and take the opponent out of his gameplan, not to mention put him on queerstreet at multiple times. This is not amatuer boxing and sheer numbers do not outweigh impact effective punching! As fights are round by round they are also minute to minute and wobbling halfway across the ring and clearly stunned off two negates early jabbing in my book. Quality over quantity. This was a close mutual scrap with hearts on sleeves by both and the benifit goes to the Champion they say, unless you are Manny, but to suggest that Bradley was waltzing away with clean rounds while also being hurt badly, forced into exchanges, is a distortion of what it means to "hit and not be hit!
    jab is a scoring punch, the jab is the most important punch because it controls the fight. You make it sound like Bradley did nothing but run and everytime Prov touched him he was out on his feet. Not true.

fuck off with that manny shit, go cry with that line to Marquez

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    and Provodnikov ?
    I think Khan beats Bradly too. Havent seen this fight yet so wont comment on him beating Prov but I presume his class would take him through. Cant wait to get home and watch this fight now

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clearly your Maths arent the best Spicoli. He still would lose 114-111 if there were 3 KDs in the rounds he won. I didnt see the fight so not commenting on the outcome or how close the fight was but if Bradley wins 9 rds 10-9 and Prov wins 3 rds 10-8 the result is Bradley wins the fight

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the fight a draw. I gave Provodnikov 2 10 8 rounds. The 2nd and the 12th. You will not see a rematch. At least not yet.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are some fights where you want two winners.
    Bradley amazed me, really amazed me! I had no idea the Bradley we saw last night even existed. I knew he was a fierce competitor but that bottomless tank of heart, fighting spirit or whatever you want to call it was a real surprise.
    It takes two to tango and Provodnikov gave Bradley everything he could handle and then some then some in a couple of rounds. Ruslan had Bradley staggering around in several rounds and was one punch away from a win multiple times. I thought Ruslan was punched out several times but he keep coming back.
    A different referee might have called a knockdown in the first round. A different referee might have stopped the the fight in the first, second or last round.
    Provodnikov could have won or it could have been a draw and I would still feel like it's a shame somebody has to lose.
    HBO will be reshowing this for a while.
    Bradley wins another iffy decision and displays all the heart he'll ever need.
    Provodnikov proves he should be fighting at the top and misses a big upset win by the skin of his teeth.
    Another referee leaves everyone shacking their heads and proving no matter how much experience you have, you are still human.
    Bradley screwed himself in this fight, now that we know that other Bradley exists, we'll be wanting to see him every time he fights.
    It's boxing and you can never be sure what's going to happen. Is that why we like it so much?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Clearly your Maths arent the best Spicoli. He still would lose 114-111 if there were 3 KDs in the rounds he won. I didnt see the fight so not commenting on the outcome or how close the fight was but if Bradley wins 9 rds 10-9 and Prov wins 3 rds 10-8 the result is Bradley wins the fight

How is his math wrong and who is saying that Bradley won 9 rounds?. The official scores were 114/113, 115/112 and 114/113 so even giving Provo 1 10/8 round would have in fact led to a draw. Had he got the two or three 2 point edges he would have won the fight.

Thread Information