Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: If Mayor Quimby led a country on crack...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default If Mayor Quimby led a country on crack...

... he would be Silvio Berlusconi. This guy is comic gold. When he's not consorting with Mafia members, making jokes at scenes of horrific natural disasters or just straight 'pimpin ho's' to other foreign dignitaries, he's coming out with shit like this.

Silvio Berlusconi: I am inferior to no one in history | World news | guardian.co.uk

Just to give you his best quotes from this press conference last weekend.

"I am, and not only in my own opinion, the best prime minister who could be found today. I believe there is no one in history to whom I should feel inferior. Quite the opposite"

But, no Silvio topped that piece of magic with...

"In absolute terms, I am the most legally persecuted man of all times, in the whole history of mankind, worldwide, because I have been subjected to more than 2,500 court hearings and I have the good luck – having worked well in the past and having accumulated an important wealth – to have been able to spend more than €200m in consultants and judges ... I mean in consultants and lawyers"

That underlined portion has to be one of the greatest comic gaffes in history, you just couldn't write it. He actually basically admitted to a press conference that he's been bribing judges

He's basically managed to turn a Western European state into a banana republic with an insane super-powerful leader. It's kind of frightening & hilarious at the same time.

Anyway, let's just review one of his best moments on camera...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBYIeZzEZw

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If Mayor Quimby led a country on crack...

Fine, just ignore my thread like a whore with chlamydia

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair Italy has never exactly been an uncorrupt open and transparent democracy. And I do admire his hair. Technically it isn't his hair, it originally belonged to some eastern Europeans, but it's hair nonetheless. And he doesn't half get through some nice women even though a.he's in his seventies and b. they're all prosties.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he's great. In the way that you think somebody is great if they're kind of harmless and you can watch them from afar. But even though he's a nut its a bit refreshing considering how embarrassingly scripted all our politicians moves are. I don't know if "I'm going to the Appalachian trail but I'm really tapping my Argentinean mistress" is but overall, yeah, scripted.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    I think he's great. In the way that you think somebody is great if they're kind of harmless and you can watch them from afar. But even though he's a nut its a bit refreshing considering how embarrassingly scripted all our politicians moves are. I don't know if "I'm going to the Appalachian trail but I'm really tapping my Argentinean mistress" is but overall, yeah, scripted.
    Why didn't you get eaten by a bear?
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-14-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    ... he would be Silvio Berlusconi. This guy is comic gold. When he's not consorting with Mafia members, making jokes at scenes of horrific natural disasters or just straight 'pimpin ho's' to other foreign dignitaries, he's coming out with shit like this.

Silvio Berlusconi: I am inferior to no one in history | World news | guardian.co.uk

Just to give you his best quotes from this press conference last weekend.

"I am, and not only in my own opinion, the best prime minister who could be found today. I believe there is no one in history to whom I should feel inferior. Quite the opposite"

But, no Silvio topped that piece of magic with...

"In absolute terms, I am the most legally persecuted man of all times, in the whole history of mankind, worldwide, because I have been subjected to more than 2,500 court hearings and I have the good luck – having worked well in the past and having accumulated an important wealth – to have been able to spend more than €200m in consultants and judges ... I mean in consultants and lawyers"

That underlined portion has to be one of the greatest comic gaffes in history, you just couldn't write it. He actually basically admitted to a press conference that he's been bribing judges

He's basically managed to turn a Western European state into a banana republic with an insane super-powerful leader. It's kind of frightening & hilarious at the same time.

Anyway, let's just review one of his best moments on camera...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBYIeZzEZw
    haha that is brilliant

It's funny the different attitudes we have in the UK compared to Italy. If the prime minister did that here he would have to step down immediately, give a tearful apology and claim mental insanity and check into the Priory to avoid a massive fine. An immediate general election would be called and his party would lose by a landslide. His successor would probably apologise to the rest of the world for the shame and humiliation that he caused.

Meanwhile in Italy I bet his popularity increased by 100 points or something and he won the respect of all Italian men

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

haha that is brilliant

It's funny the different attitudes we have in the UK compared to Italy. If the prime minister did that here he would have to step down immediately, give a tearful apology and claim mental insanity and check into the Priory to avoid a massive fine. An immediate general election would be called and his party would lose by a landslide. His successor would probably apologise to the rest of the world for the shame and humiliation that he caused.

Meanwhile in Italy I bet his popularity increased by 100 points or something and he won the respect of all Italian men
    Actually they're trying to prosecute him for mass corruption. He's unbelievably unpopular over there for a man who almost has complete saturation of the media market. Although any leader who survives making jokes at the scene of a natural disaster (the earthquake this year) has to be living a charmed life.

If I put on my sensible head, I see him as a complete bastard, a man who's basically sold his country down the river, & one of the most amoral men alive.

Sadly, the sensible head never gets on as I'm too busy hoping for his next outburst of lunacy. I guess because I don't live there I see the comedy value that I fail to see with Boris Johnson (although Boris is a mere pretender to Silvio's throne).

His days are numbered, let's enjoy the hilarity whilst it lasts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha that is brilliant

Actually they're trying to prosecute him for mass corruption. He's unbelievably unpopular over there for a man who almost has complete saturation of the media market. Although any leader who survives making jokes at the scene of a natural disaster (the earthquake this year) has to be living a charmed life.

If I put on my sensible head, I see him as a complete bastard, a man who's basically sold his country down the river, & one of the most amoral men alive.

Sadly, the sensible head never gets on as I'm too busy hoping for his next outburst of lunacy. I guess because I don't live there I see the comedy value that I fail to see with Boris Johnson (although Boris is a mere pretender to Silvio's throne).

You reckon he'll get a length prison term then?

What about that weird gay pedo politician over there who wrote a book about having sex with asian boys and then condemned the arrest of Roman Polanski as an outrage of justice?

I'd like to see him get sentenced as well...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha that is brilliant

What about that weird gay pedo politician over there who wrote a book about having sex with asian boys and then condemned the arrest of Roman Polanski as an outrage of justice?

That was in France, I believe it was Francis Mitterand's nephew, although the Thai rentboys he had sex with were over 18. That kind of shit would never fly in Italy, it's a far more religious country at least when it comes to homosexuality.

I wouldn't be surprised if Berlusconi did get a prison sentence, I've got some family in Italy & every time I've been there, he's extremely unpopular. To put it into perspective my gran who passed away fought in the resistance against Mussolini & actually said Berlusconi was worse. He apparently secured votes in one election by threatening to take away all of his TV channels if he was not elected.

But, who knows he's managed to pay off god knows how many judges before, wouldn't be surprised if he dodged it again. But, I can't see him being their PM much longer. I just hope he continues to release such classic public statements as the above

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like Berlusconi one single bit. He is a ridiculous little man who wasn't slapped enough as a child. Hopefully a plastic surgeon will miss his face and accidentally slice his neck one of these days. And then the Italian people can be free of one of the most pompous, arseheads ever witnessed since the collapse of the Roman Empire.

I'm not a fan. Obviously.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    Bill Maher And Jay Leno Read Sexual Emails From Politicians (VIDEO)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy is probably the biggest ball of corruption Europe has ever known in the past 50 years; The guy was recognized guilty of many dubious stuff and had the balls to pass a law at the Assembly that would give him immunity from it all. He is not only a comic genius but the living proof that justice ain't equal for everybody. NOw if anyone wonder why I wish every year the utter crap to Milan AC, do not look further, the italian camino midget is the reason for it all.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was in France, I believe it was Francis Mitterand's nephew, although the Thai rentboys he had sex with were over 18. That kind of shit would never fly in Italy, it's a far more religious country at least when it comes to homosexuality.

I wouldn't be surprised if Berlusconi did get a prison sentence, I've got some family in Italy & every time I've been there, he's extremely unpopular. To put it into perspective my gran who passed away fought in the resistance against Mussolini & actually said Berlusconi was worse. He apparently secured votes in one election by threatening to take away all of his TV channels if he was not elected.

But, who knows he's managed to pay off god knows how many judges before, wouldn't be surprised if he dodged it again. But, I can't see him being their PM much longer. I just hope he continues to release such classic public statements as the above
    No worries, when he lost the elections to Romano Prodie he was making hilarious statements every now and then as how he was in fact still the real president and how blablabla. Such men are craving for attention, he won't give up any time soon no matter where he lands socially.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayor Quimby eh?

He's gone up in the world. I remember when he was a mere Chief and Inspector Gadgets boss
    Last edited by Munkymagic; 10-15-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Thread Information