Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Tim could have controlled this fight but he got caught up in the emotions that comes with big fights. His lay off didn't allow him to get relaxed and realize that this opponent needed to be boxed not fight with.
    So a fight broke out and the men showed why top tier competitors have heart and the will to win.
    If there was any questions about either of these men not giving their all it was certainly answered!
    I though it was a one point victory for Tim with Rocky showing that a bit more higher work rate on his behave could have earned him a tko win over Tim. It was a nice change to see two men exhausted after the final bell had rung. So many so called top fights have both men no where near being tired after 12 rounds and that shows us who the real competitors are. "leave it all in the ring".
    Ray.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Timothy Bradley Jr. vs. Ruslan Provodnikov - Saturday night fight/chat thread

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Is anyone truly suggesting that Bradley lost that fight? I find that a strange way of thinking and especially as there was seemingly no KD in the first (I think there should have been a knockdown). Even with 2 scored KD's Provodnikov was outboxed throughout 3 quarters of the fight. That makes it closer, but an actual loss for Bradley? Peculiar.
    Bradley was a walking concussion in this fight, he said so himself. He changed his game and boxed given that but he was in no way walking away with clean & comfort rounds like some boxing guru. He was hurt badly, and hurt on the reg.

It was no robbery but one guy alone did the clear hurting in this fight.
    It doesn't matter if you beat someone up for 3 rounds and lose the other 9. Boxing is scored on a round by round basis and Bradley outlanded his opponent by a good 130 punches. Provodnikov won the event, but the fight was won by Bradley. The difference in power was obvious, but so was the difference in skill for the vast majority of the fight. Bradley was largely in control in all but rounds 1, 2 and 12 IMO. Provodnikov had his moments in other rounds, but he was largely outboxed. The only reason it was close is because Bradley had the red mist from the off. He fought a tactically terrible fight, but his class won him the rounds. He was a much better boxer.
    Actually it does. Simply a kd in each of the three rounds and you have yourself a draw. You can have all the skill in the world but power is the game changer and the automatic eraser when its effects are obvious and take the opponent out of his gameplan, not to mention put him on queerstreet at multiple times. This is not amatuer boxing and sheer numbers do not outweigh impact effective punching! As fights are round by round they are also minute to minute and wobbling halfway across the ring and clearly stunned off two negates early jabbing in my book. Quality over quantity. This was a close mutual scrap with hearts on sleeves by both and the benifit goes to the Champion they say, unless you are Manny, but to suggest that Bradley was waltzing away with clean rounds while also being hurt badly, forced into exchanges, is a distortion of what it means to "hit and not be hit!
    Clearly your Maths arent the best Spicoli. He still would lose 114-111 if there were 3 KDs in the rounds he won. I didnt see the fight so not commenting on the outcome or how close the fight was but if Bradley wins 9 rds 10-9 and Prov wins 3 rds 10-8 the result is Bradley wins the fight
    No, actually sucked in math and you are correct but again boxing isn't a math class so go rewatch...or watch the fight in the first place before standing on a soap box with a clipboard and red marker.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Is anyone truly suggesting that Bradley lost that fight? I find that a strange way of thinking and especially as there was seemingly no KD in the first (I think there should have been a knockdown). Even with 2 scored KD's Provodnikov was outboxed throughout 3 quarters of the fight. That makes it closer, but an actual loss for Bradley? Peculiar.
    Bradley was a walking concussion in this fight, he said so himself. He changed his game and boxed given that but he was in no way walking away with clean & comfort rounds like some boxing guru. He was hurt badly, and hurt on the reg.

It doesn't matter if you beat someone up for 3 rounds and lose the other 9. Boxing is scored on a round by round basis and Bradley outlanded his opponent by a good 130 punches. Provodnikov won the event, but the fight was won by Bradley. The difference in power was obvious, but so was the difference in skill for the vast majority of the fight. Bradley was largely in control in all but rounds 1, 2 and 12 IMO. Provodnikov had his moments in other rounds, but he was largely outboxed. The only reason it was close is because Bradley had the red mist from the off. He fought a tactically terrible fight, but his class won him the rounds. He was a much better boxer.
    Actually it does. Simply a kd in each of the three rounds and you have yourself a draw. You can have all the skill in the world but power is the game changer and the automatic eraser when its effects are obvious and take the opponent out of his gameplan, not to mention put him on queerstreet at multiple times. This is not amatuer boxing and sheer numbers do not outweigh impact effective punching! As fights are round by round they are also minute to minute and wobbling halfway across the ring and clearly stunned off two negates early jabbing in my book. Quality over quantity. This was a close mutual scrap with hearts on sleeves by both and the benifit goes to the Champion they say, unless you are Manny, but to suggest that Bradley was waltzing away with clean rounds while also being hurt badly, forced into exchanges, is a distortion of what it means to "hit and not be hit!
    Clearly your Maths arent the best Spicoli. He still would lose 114-111 if there were 3 KDs in the rounds he won. I didnt see the fight so not commenting on the outcome or how close the fight was but if Bradley wins 9 rds 10-9 and Prov wins 3 rds 10-8 the result is Bradley wins the fight
    No, actually sucked in math and you are correct but again boxing isn't a math class so go rewatch...or watch the fight in the first place before standing on a soap box with a clipboard and red marker.
    The math you used is spot on. Even with one 10/8 scored two of the cards turn into 114/114. End of story.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post

jab is a scoring punch, the jab is the most important punch because it controls the fight. You make it sound like Bradley did nothing but run and everytime Prov touched him he was out on his feet. Not true.

fuck off with that manny shit, go cry with that line to Marquez
    A jab doesn't control a fight if the other guy is shaking him harder and with more effect...and forcing exchanges! Its being made to sound Bradley was fucking boxing masterclass in 9 rounds and thats crap.

Relax the fuck yeah, dont really care if Manny was robbed and for ya info I saw Marquez robbed also.

Provo rounds 1,2,6,7,11,12

Tim rounds 3,4,5,8,9,10..........anyone else got a rbr feel free to throw it up.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One last question. Did anyone else feel like strangling Roy Jones a couple of times?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    One last question. Did anyone else feel like strangling Roy Jones a couple of times?
    Only after he twice said he loved Tim during the 1st round....btw Bradley landed more punches in the first...guess he won that one

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had to turn it off by I think by rd 4 or 5. Lapdog and crew were firmly attached to Timmy's nut sack. The ref was even looking for a way to get Timmy out of it the freakin hack.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I had to turn it off by I think by rd 4 or 5. Lapdog and crew were firmly attached to Timmy's nut sack. The ref was even looking for a way to get Timmy out of it the freakin hack.
    What's so sad and why I would have given the Russian at least an SD is because of what Bradley said in the pre-fight montage- he said that the fight with Manny Pacqiaou "HURT" his career more than it helped. So in that sense he had to come back to prove something- which he clearly didn't do, as he got his ass handed to him for a good portion of the fight.

A Sugar Shane Mosely he is NOT. Sugar Shane would have come back in his next fight and STARCHED the opponent. Bradley had to get help from the judges.

The fight I saw, Bradley was being beat-and beat badly. Not as bad as a Pac-man beating, but beaten to the point where we knew he had reached his peak as a fighter.

The only thing about Bradley's "off the top points" is due to his promoter, Bob Arum- and Arum working this line of the undefeated fighter, with hopes of a payday showdown with Money Mayweather SINCE the Pac-man fight is falling through and no longer lucrative!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    What's so sad and why I would have given the Russian at least an SD is because of what Bradley said in the pre-fight montage- he said that the fight with Manny Pacqiaou "HURT" his career more than it helped. So in that sense he had to come back to prove something- which he clearly didn't do, as he got his ass handed to him for a good portion of the fight.

A Sugar Shane Mosely he is NOT. Sugar Shane would have come back in his next fight and STARCHED the opponent. Bradley had to get help from the judges.

The fight I saw, Bradley was being beat-and beat badly. Not as bad as a Pac-man beating, but beaten to the point where we knew he had reached his peak as a fighter.

The only thing about Bradley's "off the top points" is due to his promoter, Bob Arum- and Arum working this line of the undefeated fighter, with hopes of a payday showdown with Money Mayweather SINCE the Pac-man fight is falling through and no longer lucrative!
    Real tough fight to score. I thought Tim showed incredible heart and came back nicely to win an SD even factoring in a couple of 10/8 rounds myself but had 1 or 2 of what I scored 10/8 rounds been scored officially Provo would have drew or won the fight on 2 of the 3 official scorecards.

As far as Bradley/Floyd goes, I just don't see it. If they could not make the other fight they wont make this one. Floyd probably hates Arum more today then he ever did. Add to that the no love lost between TR and GBP and the chances of that fight happening are slim to none and slim just left the building.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kellerman was the one calling Lamps and Jones on it throughout. He tried to reel them in as they were all over Bradley.

How anyone scored the 11th Bradley is a mystery to me.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How did the referee in round one not call this a knockdown? Bradley was obviously hurt:

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kellerman was the one calling Lamps and Jones on it throughout. He tried to reel them in as they were all over Bradley.

How anyone scored the 11th Bradley is a mystery to me.

I was going to say that Max is the last bastion of objectivity on the broadcasts but unfortunately in order to listen to him I have to listen to Lapdog and hired guests. I could not believe Roy. Never heard that kind of bias from him before.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    How did the referee in round one not call this a knockdown? Bradley was obviously hurt:

Lol no shit. Hbo is rebroadcasting the fight now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Yeah, I muted the sound somewhere around the 3rd round, not just Jones but Lamps as well, the bias for Bradley was absolutely sickening.

Thread Information