Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 238 of 311 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Watched 'The Man Who Came to Dinner' very funny movie, Monty Woolley reminds me a bit of miles. It is a classic film and decent play these days I believe Nathan Lane (whom I find quite funny) stars in it now.

I also watched 'Hostage to the Devil' which is about father Malichi Martin....been on a big Catholic kick recently for some reason....anywho after all the pedo stuff and horrible priests there were I decided to see if this was in any way redeeming to the Church. It did not turn out to be. As someone who quite enjoys Psychology I often wonder about possession and how it would present itself ('The Exorcism of Emily Rose' did a great job showing that dichotomy between faith and science). Malichi Martin is an odd figure, a Jesuit who left the Vatican after the Second Vatican Council and came to America doing exorcisms and talk shows like Art Bell
    You should read hostage to the devil, it's fucking brilliant, one of the best books on exorcism and possession that I have read.

Also if you like the exorcism of Emily Rose then read up on anneliese michel, that's the case that the film is based on (probably the most well known and well documented case of an exorcism)

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like The Exorcist tv show, it's not great but I like that they tied it back into the first movie. Didn't really like the Emily Rose movie but that was a while ago, might have to give it another watch maybe.

I thought Keepers was pretty tame really. What does that say about me? I guess we've heard it all before and have come to expect this from law enforcement/ government etc. Anyone who watched it got a theory on who did it? Ed and the gay brother Billy were suspicious and the guy she was in love with Koob and that other nun Russell know more than they were letting on. Anyway cheers. Was a good watch overall.

I know this is supposed to be films but Marvel's The Punisher is pretty good.

I've got Lucky Logan to watch but not really interested for some reason, anyone seen that yet?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I like The Exorcist tv show, it's not great but I like that they tied it back into the first movie. Didn't really like the Emily Rose movie but that was a while ago, might have to give it another watch maybe.

I thought Keepers was pretty tame really. What does that say about me? I guess we've heard it all before and have come to expect this from law enforcement/ government etc. Anyone who watched it got a theory on who did it? Ed and the gay brother Billy were suspicious and the guy she was in love with Koob and that other nun Russell know more than they were letting on. Anyway cheers. Was a good watch overall.

I've got Lucky Logan to watch but not really interested for some reason, anyone seen that yet?
    @Alpha The exorcist series started off strong and degenerated into ridiculousness, it was good the way that they tied it into the film but that didn't save it in my opinion.
    Had they kept it as a single exorcism then it would have been fine and it could have faithfully concluded Regans story, had it been just 5 or 6 episodes then it would have benefited from stronger writing and not suffered from as much filler, the whole thing with the rich folk sitting around the table begging to be possessed was cringe worthy.

The second series is even worse, now we have two ex priests running around finding people who require exorcisms in every town the visit, I'm about 5 episodes into it and it is just a complete departure from anything that the original was ever about, it might have been a little more enjoyable if they were not still using The Exorcist name, had it been in the same vein as American Horror Story where each season is completely different then I may have been able to get on board with it a little bit more.

I know I should probably ignore the Exorcist connection but as a huge fan of the original film and book I struggle to look past it.

I've started The Punisher as well, I love the Marvel TV universe and I would prefer to watch them than the films to be honest, they don't always hit the mark (Iron Fist and Luke Cage's solo outings were pretty terrible) but they are grittier than the films. I've only seen the first 2 episodes but they look pretty solid so far.

Completely agree with The Keepers, I've got 2 episodes left and yeah, whilst its horrific and terrible etc I just don't find it all that shocking anymore.

Oh and I've got no interest what so ever in Logan Lucky

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

@Alpha The exorcist series started off strong and degenerated into ridiculousness, it was good the way that they tied it into the film but that didn't save it in my opinion.
    Had they kept it as a single exorcism then it would have been fine and it could have faithfully concluded Regans story, had it been just 5 or 6 episodes then it would have benefited from stronger writing and not suffered from as much filler, the whole thing with the rich folk sitting around the table begging to be possessed was cringe worthy.

The second series is even worse, now we have two ex priests running around finding people who require exorcisms in every town the visit, I'm about 5 episodes into it and it is just a complete departure from anything that the original was ever about, it might have been a little more enjoyable if they were not still using The Exorcist name, had it been in the same vein as American Horror Story where each season is completely different then I may have been able to get on board with it a little bit more.

I know I should probably ignore the Exorcist connection but as a huge fan of the original film and book I struggle to look past it.

I've started The Punisher as well, I love the Marvel TV universe and I would prefer to watch them than the films to be honest, they don't always hit the mark (Iron Fist and Luke Cage's solo outings were pretty terrible) but they are grittier than the films. I've only seen the first 2 episodes but they look pretty solid so far.

Completely agree with The Keepers, I've got 2 episodes left and yeah, whilst its horrific and terrible etc I just don't find it all that shocking anymore.

Oh and I've got no interest what so ever in Logan Lucky
    Totally agree with the 2nd season of the Exorcist. Just all filler now really.

Jessica Jones and The Punisher have been the best of the Marvel TV Shows for me. Parts of Dare Devil too. I was really disappointed with Iron Fist. My partner watches Agents of Shield but I never really got into it after the 1st season.

Just had to sit through 2 hours of Valerian, the Mrs wanted to watch it. Besson has gone downhill since The Professional and Fifth Element.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I need to get Netflix to watch these marvel shows. More money to spend on things I do not have the time to watch.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I need to get Netflix to watch these marvel shows. More money to spend on things I do not have the time to watch.
    It's about 7 quid a month, just get it and watch what you want and cancel it...or get a Chromecast for 20 quid and watch everything on showbox.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or just download or stream everything for free.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Speaking of Netfilx when is Agents of Shield back new season? Probably get into The Punisher over Turkey Day. Initially I just had a hard time seeing Jon Bernthal with Punisher stature physically, loved him in The Walking dead and Fury.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Speaking of Netfilx when is Agents of Shield back new season? Probably get into The Punisher over Turkey Day. Initially I just had a hard time seeing Jon Bernthal with Punisher stature physically, loved him in The Walking dead and Fury.
    I like him as the Punisher, the show if pretty dark too.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

American Made with Tom Cruise was meh.

American Assassin was pretty good.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The new Kingsman is ok. A bit long. The whole Elton thing got a bit much. Worth a watch tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good call bud, now 7 episodes in. Oddly liked him the most in premiere but great evolving story. Being a Walking Dead dork it is clear as day the show developers looked him up for role and said.."Ok, just do season 2 Shane" . Same mannerisms, the nah nah nah head thing and shhh shhh. Awesome casting also with 'Lewis Wilson' nutter and Billy Russo.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Try Emily rose again it was a very well done film

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Try Emily rose again it was a very well done film
    Maybe, I just wasn't that impressed the first time. Actually saw it at the movies when it first came out.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good call bud, now 7 episodes in. Oddly liked him the most in premiere but great evolving story. Being a Walking Dead dork it is clear as day the show developers looked him up for role and said.."Ok, just do season 2 Shane" . Same mannerisms, the nah nah nah head thing and shhh shhh. Awesome casting also with 'Lewis Wilson' nutter and Billy Russo.
    Yeah I think this is my favorite of the recent Marvel shows along with Jessica Jones. Early part of DareDevil season 1 was awesome, brutal, then seemed like TV exces said tone it down. Missus said to tell you Agents of Shield has returned.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information