Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mike Tyson is TBE

I changed my mind about Mike Tyson as a fighter and boxer many times, but now I am telling ya: he is TBE.

Just rewatched recently Donaire-Rigo. Rigo rarely attacked going forward. When it was the case, he almost never attacked at the head with the straight left hand. Why? Afraid of counter left hook. What he did was feint, drop knees and punch to the body. In other word, he subconciously feinted the head position to quickly move it out of the way and then safely attack.

Now go back to Mike. Mike did it all the time. His whole offense was based on feinting head movements. You sell the opponent the expected head position, then quickly move it to a new position, then safely attack, then head movements to go back to safety. Many advaced fighters use this principle, but they might have 1 or 2 tricks like this , sometimes doing it spontaneously like an instinct.

Tyson style was based on this almost 100%. He had 10-12 tricks at least in his arsenal. More importantly , he used it consistently and deliberately.

Tyson is above all runner-bicyclists-in-and-out-fighters (SRR, SRL, Ali), counter-punchers (Floyd, Toney, etc), sluggers (Marciano, ), big tall motherfuckers (Foreman, Luis, Lewis) , etc
    The only guy close to Mike was Pernell Whitaker, but he lacked in power departement.

My opinion is final, it should be taken as THE ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED TRUTH.
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 11-18-2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson is TBE

so on your all time p4p list, tyson is #1 and sweet pea is #2?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson is in my top 5.

No.1 is Broner..lol

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Lets formulate it like this:
    with my current understanding of the game , Tyson is p4p No 1. I do not care to who he lost and who he won, does not matter. Technically, skillwise, he is above all. Yes, Pernell is No 2.
    These guys showed THE WAY. You want to be TBE? Do it like them, move your head all the time.
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 11-18-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mike Tyson could have been is TBE

he made some decisions that lost him that title in my opinion.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    with my current understanding of the game , Tyson is p4p No 1. I do not care to who he lost and who he won, does not matter. Technically, skillwise, he is above all. Yes, Pernell is No 2.
    These guys showed THE WAY. You want to be TBE? Do it like them, move your head all the time.
    your logic doesnt really make sense. i feel like you are taking one aspect of boxing that you think is very important then whoever is best at it you are saying is the best. if you are saying that tbe is based of off who moves their head the most then you are immensly underrating the art of boxing.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Semin you seem to have a thing about ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED TRUTHS. The problem with them is that they are disputed, not ultimate at all, and often not even really truths. When a man writes something down it's just opinion and hearsay. You can choose what you like but it's just words.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your logic doesnt really make sense. i feel like you are taking one aspect of boxing that you think is very important then whoever is best at it you are saying is the best. if you are saying that tbe is based of off who moves their head the most then you are immensly underrating the art of boxing.
    Do you know how much do most of people actually know about boxing?

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see where nv is coming from. Tyson had the complete package. Defense so good it was almost inhuman. I think those years he spent in jail, in his prime or not much past it doesn't get him TBE but an incredible fighter whom I love to watch. To bad Tyson had the meltdowns but he was lucky enough to bounce back from them and seems to be enjoying life today. I would feel comfortable saying Tyson was one of TBE. I sometimes go to YouTube and just watch his defensive highlights, stunning stuff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tysons inside fighting was devastating.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I see where nv is coming from. Tyson had the complete package. Defense so good it was almost inhuman. I think those years he spent in jail, in his prime or not much past it doesn't get him TBE but an incredible fighter whom I love to watch. To bad Tyson had the meltdowns but he was lucky enough to bounce back from them and seems to be enjoying life today. I would feel comfortable saying Tyson was one of TBE. I sometimes go to YouTube and just watch his defensive highlights, stunning stuff.
    more or less like this. Maybe he was too good

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Semin you seem to have a thing about ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED TRUTHS.
    I like to fool around

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    The problem with them is that they are disputed, not ultimate at all, and often not even really truths. When a man writes something down it's just opinion and hearsay. You can choose what you like but it's just words.
    Apart from that, my words are words of the Son of God.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not sure what you are asking. maybe rephrase what you asked.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im not sure what you are asking. maybe rephrase what you asked.
    I was lurking you into this answer:
    http://youtu.be/STMeQlu8jA4?t=11s
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 11-19-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Possibly TBE, but there are many "IFS".

-I think Tyson would always have knocked out LArry Holmes. Holmes struggled badly with opponents earlier than Tyson whom Mike would have simply wasted.

- Holyfield got Tyson good but there is good reason to believe that a younger faster Mike could have done him over. However, it's equally plausible that Holyfield could have also tied up that Mike too.

- Lewis bashed him, but again, it's plausible that the faster Mike could have gotten in and dropped Lewis. Then again, the Mike that fought Lewis was much stronger too so I dunno.

- Mike neer fought Riddick Bowe or either Klitschko so it's unclear how he'd perform here. Riddick had a good chin and might pull a Buster on him often, he also beat Holyfield soundly. Vitali could have made mincemeat of Tyson with reasonable opinion. Wladimir post Sanders might never allow Tyson to operate as he likes and tie him up everytime he tried to swarm. Tyson was always troubled by very tall+good fighters and these guys would be the epitome of that.

- It isn't clear how Tyson would fare against the better+bigger HW's today, he certainly would not be as effective as he was against his own 80's opponents.

- George Foreman is perhaps the only nostalgic fighter worth considering could pose potential problems for Mike but in reality, is far too slow and uncoordinated and lacking any real skills to seriously handle Tyson.

- Other than that, Mike TYson knocks out every single pre 1980's boxer, Louis, Ali, all ATG's and all champs included, without fail. Most of them in the first few rounds, beyond any doubt.

I personally rank Mike #6. Below Holyfield cause he lost to him 2ce.

With speculation that he could beat him best for best, I give him #5 below..

Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko, LEnnox Lewis, Riddick Bowe- For which there is no solid evidence that he'd be able to beat.

But these would all be highly dangerous fights and he certainly COULD have beaten them!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information