Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo vs Khan scorecards

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    I just saw the ko so i have no idea what the fight was looking like but Khan has always been a very strong fighter in the opening rounds. Also with Canelo i have no idea how he weighs so much because he looks like he fucking 5'7 even though he listed at like 5'10.
    @IamInuit put it up in another thread

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Hey master did you see the fight night weight for both fighters if so could you tell me how much Khan and Canelo weighed. I wondering if he does fight GGG who will have sized advantage because i never seen what GGG weighs on fight night always made me wonder.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's disgusting. He's a stone heavier than him on fight night.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ch6ABCFVIAAngoQ.jpg

I had it 4-1 for Khan going into the 6th.

But CompuBox does not record a single round where Khan landed more punches. (see attachment above).

This, gives me some pause because I did not give Khan any rounds due to power. I thought he simply landed more punches and was making Canelo miss a lot. CompuBox also calls into question that last point (missing a lot) but does not show the rd for rd breakdown for the metric in question (connect %).

It’s possible CopmpuBox is wrong. But its also possible that I, and presumably commentors here, simply assumed Khan was landing when he was merely throwing.

Maybe the Judges, who sit ringside after all, actually got a better view.
    Last edited by Manju; 05-09-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    That's not right at all. I would like to see an end to things like this. Not only did Canelo fight someone who was at his best at 140, but he barely squeaks a phony weight and then adds a ridiculous amount of weight making it even more of a mismatch.

I want to see Canelo fight Golovkin and be taught a lesson. He just comes across as a spoiled bully with everything handed on a plate to me. A bit like Chavez Jnr, but with an unknown Irish Dad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    That's not right at all. I would like to see an end to things like this. Not only did Canelo fight someone who was at his best at 140, but he barely squeaks a phony weight and then adds a ridiculous amount of weight making it even more of a mismatch.

I want to see Canelo fight Golovkin and be taught a lesson. He just comes across as a spoiled bully with everything handed on a plate to me. A bit like Chavez Jnr, but with an unknown Irish Dad.
    You have basically got a welterweight going in with somebody who is a super middleweight come fight night. It all needs looking at. A fighter should not be able to re-hydrate 22lbs.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    3-2 Canelo was fair enough which two of the judges had it.

Khan didn't lose because his brain went, he was boxing terrific, but Canelo was consistently throwing his right hand to the body waiting to trap him, switched it up stairs and that's all she wrote. Both men deserve credit.
    only one of the judges had canelo at 3-2, the other had it 3-2 for khan and the other rather generous to canelo had it 4-1 for alvarez..

I think 3-2 either way was the correct score. The scorecards really aren't outrageous.

4-1 is pushing it though.
    The 4-1 judge gave Canelo the first round which I can't see at all. But looking at their scorecards all the other rounds were fair enough.

I've seen loads of fans/journos/boxers that had it 3-2 Canelo /5-0 Khan /2-3 Khan /4/1 Khan.

Just read Doug Fischer - from The Ring mag - had Khan 5-0 ringside but 3-2 when watching it back.

It will always be impossible to get everyone on the same page when it comes to scoring.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manju View Post
    Ch6ABCFVIAAngoQ.jpg

I had it 4-1 for Khan going into the 6th.

But CompuBox does not record a single round where Khan landed more punches. (see attachment above).

This, gives me some pause because I did not give Khan any rounds due to power. I thought he simply landed more punches and was making Canelo miss a lot. CompuBox also calls into question that last point (missing a lot) but does not show the rd for rd breakdown for the metric in question (connect %).

It’s possible CopmpuBox is wrong. But its also possible that I, and presumably commentors here, simply assumed Khan was landing when he was merely throwing.

Maybe the Judges, who sit ringside after all, actually got a better view.
    Don't ever trust compubox. It's a very ineffective way to see who is winning the fight. I rarely care what compubox says.

Thread Information