Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Adonis Stevenson, a piece of shit?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb Adonis Stevenson, a piece of shit?

Well, well, well what the hell. Kovalev is one to speak his mind, isn't he. I don't approve of his venue or language but he does have a way with words.
    I imagine Stevenson is going to have a lot to say about Kovalev as the days go by. Do you think Haymon will be the reason he fights or the reason he doesn't fight Kovalev?
    They can both make a ton of money without fighting each other but it would be a big PPV if it happened. Especially after these two get through scratching and hissing at each other.
    I think Haymon will advise against it for a while.
    WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adonis Stevenson, a piece of shit?

I laughed when he called stevenson a POS. lol kovalev speaks his mind and I like him even more now. Id rather have a fighter give it to us straight up rather than being a politically correct pansy talking about I let my promoter decide..

Kovalev comes off as a real dude and he is likeable. He speaks from the heart.. as for the stevenson bout, I doubt its gonna happen.. as long these guys are fighting on rival networks, It cant happen..

Stevenson will end up facing hopkins for big money and kovalev.... not sure but stevenson is in a much better position for sure....

That kinda sucks for kovalev cuz honestly, would u rather be stevenson right now or kovalev? The future looks brighter for stevenson due to his big backing plus the potential big money fights..

Im not going to think about this fight anymore... no point.. stevenson-hopkins is intriguing too and kovalev can face Pascal...

I hope fonfara knocks Stevenson the fuck out and ruins the plan lol..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe he's right, maybe he's right...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that was one of my favorite things that anybody has ever said in a post fight interview.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I laughed when he called stevenson a POS. lol kovalev speaks his mind and I like him even more now. Id rather have a fighter give it to us straight up rather than being a politically correct pansy talking about I let my promoter decide..

Kovalev comes off as a real dude and he is likeable. He speaks from the heart.. as for the stevenson bout, I doubt its gonna happen.. as long these guys are fighting on rival networks, It cant happen..

Stevenson will end up facing hopkins for big money and kovalev.... not sure but stevenson is in a much better position for sure....

That kinda sucks for kovalev cuz honestly, would u rather be stevenson right now or kovalev? The future looks brighter for stevenson due to his big backing plus the potential big money fights..

Im not going to think about this fight anymore... no point.. stevenson-hopkins is intriguing too and kovalev can face Pascal...

I hope fonfara knocks Stevenson the fuck out and ruins the plan lol..
    i alos think that a fight with pascal makes sense. go to canada again and beat the canadian.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev is shit, and he is overrated.

When you really break it down who has he actually beaten? Cleverly and Agnew and nobody is in belief that these 2 are great fighters.

While Stevenson, in his. Last 3 has stopped 2 world champions with pure ease, with Bellew thrown in there as some salt on the already tasted performances.

I see Kovalev getting lost in the ring with Stevenson, as they are being compared but I see it as one sided, kovalev is just a punch, that's it.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as I'm aware Stevenson has no deal with Showtime, they just picked up this fight with Fonfara by offering more than Showtime. HBO said they weren't interested in working with Haymon but that is absolute bullshit, they have no f'n right to dictate who manages fighters. The fight can still be made if HBO is willing to act like professionals.

Edit-It seems Stevenson is on a 2 fight deal(Fonfara + Hop) and Kovalev has 1 fight left on his HBO deal. The fight could be made by winter.
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 03-31-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People love to overate very early

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

When you really break it down who has he actually beaten? Cleverly and Agnew and nobody is in belief that these 2 are great fighters.

While Stevenson, in his. Last 3 has stopped 2 world champions with pure ease, with Bellew thrown in there as some salt on the already tasted performances.

I see Kovalev getting lost in the ring with Stevenson, as they are being compared but I see it as one sided, kovalev is just a punch, that's it.
    their opponents are pretty even. dawson was a world class fighter but started to show a decline in the last few years. he has also been very chinny throughout his whole career so i have no doubt that kovalev would have done the same thing to him.

cloud was way overrated. agnew is better than cloud. cleverly is better than bellow. silkah is also a pretty good fighter. i think that they both had a good 2013. kovalev has shown me that he is more real than stevenson. ive seen tons of fighters like stevenson who have speed and power which give them a good year or two run. he has too many flaws in his game though. kovalev seems legit to me. i have no doubt that he is the best LHW right now.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

their opponents are pretty even. dawson was a world class fighter but started to show a decline in the last few years. he has also been very chinny throughout his whole career so i have no doubt that kovalev would have done the same thing to him.

cloud was way overrated. agnew is better than cloud. cleverly is better than bellow. silkah is also a pretty good fighter. i think that they both had a good 2013. kovalev has shown me that he is more real than stevenson. ive seen tons of fighters like stevenson who have speed and power which give them a good year or two run. he has too many flaws in his game though. kovalev seems legit to me. i have no doubt that he is the best LHW right now.
    Really? I respectfully disagree with you.

I do not believe cleverly is better than Bellew, back when they fought yeah, but I think Bellew has passed him comfortably.

It's the manner in which Stevenson won his last few fights. Steven literally had no problems at all against these guys and you can say what you want but they were world champions for a reason.

I don't believe that Stevenson is just speed and power, he showed some decent skills and he was counter punching very good.

Kovalev to me is just a hyped up puncher.

Tbh though even if Stevenson was just "speed and power" he would still be more than Kovalev, who is to me, just power.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    People love to overate very early
    Kovalev stops just about everyone he fights, fights wherever they want, is eager for big fights, will fight anyone and, in my opinion, gives us good post fight interviews. What is it, that you don't you like about him?
    Styles make fights, so it's hard to look good against fighters who fight from a totally defensive stance. In my opinion, to beat Kovalev, you will have to outwork him every minute of the fight.
    There's nothing wrong with getting excited about a fighter who fights in a style you like, so don't give us any crapola (when is the last time you heard that word?) about Kovalev being overrated early.
    Honestly, Kovalev is doing his own hyping and doesn't need any help.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 03-31-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The reason that people are upset with Stevenson is that everyone was under the impression that he would face and beat Fonfara and Kovalev would face and beat Agnew and then they would face each other in one of the most potentially explosive fights that can be made in any weight class. Then Stevenson wanted more money and what was being built up as one of the best fights in boxing is now down the tubes. It makes sense really.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not believe cleverly is better than Bellew, back when they fought yeah, but I think Bellew has passed him comfortably.

It's the manner in which Stevenson won his last few fights. Steven literally had no problems at all against these guys and you can say what you want but they were world champions for a reason.

I don't believe that Stevenson is just speed and power, he showed some decent skills and he was counter punching very good.

Tbh though even if Stevenson was just "speed and power" he would still be more than Kovalev, who is to me, just power.
    That's all fair my good friend @Vendettos but Kovalev signed up to fight Stevenson without needing any convincing and Stevenson balked twice on facing Kovalev, once in his post-fight interview after the Bellew win where he indicated he'd prefer to face Hopkins and Froch to Kovalev, and second by attempting to renegotiate with HBO for more money after he had agreed with Kovalev's promoter on the fight. Stevenson can call Kovalev a bum but actions speak louder than words.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

kovalev has also easily beaten all of his past few opponents. i dont think that there is any denying that both have had a dominant year, but kovalev showed me against agnew that he isnt a dumb puncher. what i mean by that is that when he had agnew hurt, he still picked his shots and didnt swing for the fences like many power punchers do. kovalev has made his opponents just quit while the ref has stopped the fight for stevensons matches.

kovalev hasnt shown me much weakness in his technique other than maybe being semi opened for a counter but stevenson is opened to be hit all the time. he uses his reflexes as his defense but i dont think that would work against kovalev.

Thread Information