Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are people talking Fury-Haye now?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why are people talking Fury-Haye now?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Haye is much more popular than Fury in the UK. Fury would have the villain role in that fight
    No way, perhaps 3 years ago that could have been true but Haye has let down too many fans and performed so badly he is the villain.

Hope you're right, @Master .
    Otherwise it's a pretty damning statement on the boxing fanhood of the UK.
    It's like saying Chavez Jr. is more popular in Mexico than Canelo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is much more popular than Fury in the UK. Fury would have the villain role in that fight
    No way, perhaps 3 years ago that could have been true but Haye has let down too many fans and performed so badly he is the villain.
    Yeah I think because Fury has proven himself as genuine, it would have to be Haye, who is cast off in some way. Haye is still currently more popular and more of a household name than Fury. Maybe not for long though?
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney is more active than David Gaye. He deserves his final shot at a title.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Why do people assume David Haye deserves title shots simply by being David Haye? The guy goes AWOL for a few years..... pissed away the one shot he begged so mightily for..... and is nothing but an obnoxious mouth, making Amir Khan look like a choirboy in comparison.

Shouldn't Haye have to earn his way to a title shot for once? Have him fight Wlad again, now that Wlad isn't the champ anymore. That would be one of the few instances I would be rooting for Wlad. (Hmm... come to think of it, the other time was when he fought Haye the first time).

I got my first wish with Wlad being removed from the HW throne and now maybe having an exciting division for the first time in more than a decade. My second wish would be to watch someone dump Haye on his ass, so he could retire and go make movies or something.

Rey don't you see the irony of your question ?
    "Why are people talking about fury v Haye ".
    Ask yourself that as you started the thread !
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye is making a comeback at the O2 against a nobody (20,000 arena). He has over a million twitter followers. Whether or not YOU like him he is massively popular. Just the same as whether or not YOU don't like PPV it works!!!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye doesn't deserve to make another penny out of boxing.

Fury's dad summed it up in the presser yesterday saying we're all gullible and going to give him a living - two years ago he said he'd been advised never to fight again ?

I remember him being a pundit on some fight back then and he showed up with his arm in a sling and some squeezy ball in his hand to exercise - utter bollox
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    James Toney is more active than David Gaye. He deserves his final shot at a title.

I hate that slurring whale......... and yet, I'd rather see him get a title shot than Haye.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate that slurring whale......... and yet, I'd rather see him get a title shot than Haye.
    James Toney needs to retire. Stop encouraging him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    It's a huge fight. It's two English guys for the heavyweight championship and it'll make huge money in Britain. It'll make several times more than the cabbage farmer has ever made for a fight. Fury looks like he's going to duck Wilder as long as he can so his moneymaking future is fighting guys in English football stadiums on UK PPV.

I think Fury will avoid Haye/Wilder level guys as long as possible assuming he wins the rematch with the Kulak but if he manages to keep hold of the belts he'll have to fight Haye, Wilder or Povetkin at some point. He definitely doesn't fancy the Haye fight. From the way he was talking on Monday he's not looking to take any risky fights.

Two Englishmen fighting for the world heavyweight title is a huge deal indeed. I know this place would be buzzing. However, I have a problem with any fighter, not just Haye, feeling like he can just exist around the fringes of boxing, then come strutting in to get a title shot. It's absurd and a slap in the face to all the contenders who work toward actually earning their shots. About Fury ducking Wilder and Haye, I can't say since I haven't been all that exposed to Fury other than the Cunningham fight and now this one. He certainly made good on his word to rid us of Wlad. If Fury fought Wilder, for me it would be a tossup, and I'd be happy with any result as long as it was a good, entertaining, quality fight. If Fury fought Haye, I'd be rooting against Haye almost as much, if not more, as I was rooting against Wlad.
    Haye is an ex world champion. If he looks good in his comeback fight then he's marketable. I'm not sure you can name anybody who has held the heavyweight title for any length of time who hasn't fought an ex champ who is on the fringes of the heavyweight scene, especially when it's a money fight. Haye is a credible and extremely lucrative dance partner for Fury.

I'm not sure the fight happens though because Fury's people are acting like a bunch of little girls about it -- we're not even going to talk to him, not going to mention his name and so on. I think they know that if they do make the fight Haye knocks him out easily.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer in this thread......

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...er-fights.html
    I can see this happening. I don't think Fury is mentally right at all. He's probably had his best moment in the ring. I think a lot of guys out there beat him.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer in this thread......

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...er-fights.html
    I can see this happening. I don't think Fury is mentally right at all. He's probably had his best moment in the ring. I think a lot of guys out there beat him.
    You might have a case if Tyson had blown out an unprepared, distracted Wlad but Wlad knew Tyson was his biggest threat, made sure the fight was at home in Germany and tried a few sly tricks to get advantages. Tyson beat Wlad with skill, not luck.

As for El Kabong saying he thinks Haye beats Fury after everything, id say thats just sour grapes from a sore loser

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a huge fight. It's two English guys for the heavyweight championship and it'll make huge money in Britain. It'll make several times more than the cabbage farmer has ever made for a fight. Fury looks like he's going to duck Wilder as long as he can so his moneymaking future is fighting guys in English football stadiums on UK PPV.

I think Fury will avoid Haye/Wilder level guys as long as possible assuming he wins the rematch with the Kulak but if he manages to keep hold of the belts he'll have to fight Haye, Wilder or Povetkin at some point. He definitely doesn't fancy the Haye fight. From the way he was talking on Monday he's not looking to take any risky fights.

Two Englishmen fighting for the world heavyweight title is a huge deal indeed. I know this place would be buzzing. However, I have a problem with any fighter, not just Haye, feeling like he can just exist around the fringes of boxing, then come strutting in to get a title shot. It's absurd and a slap in the face to all the contenders who work toward actually earning their shots. About Fury ducking Wilder and Haye, I can't say since I haven't been all that exposed to Fury other than the Cunningham fight and now this one. He certainly made good on his word to rid us of Wlad. If Fury fought Wilder, for me it would be a tossup, and I'd be happy with any result as long as it was a good, entertaining, quality fight. If Fury fought Haye, I'd be rooting against Haye almost as much, if not more, as I was rooting against Wlad.
    Haye is an ex world champion. If he looks good in his comeback fight then he's marketable. I'm not sure you can name anybody who has held the heavyweight title for any length of time who hasn't fought an ex champ who is on the fringes of the heavyweight scene, especially when it's a money fight. Haye is a credible and extremely lucrative dance partner for Fury.

I'm not sure the fight happens though because Fury's people are acting like a bunch of little girls about it -- we're not even going to talk to him, not going to mention his name and so on. I think they know that if they do make the fight Haye knocks him out easily.

As talented as Haye might be, it's his attitude toward boxing I can't stand. If he played Monopoly, he'd want to hoard a bunch of Get Out of Jail Free cards and go directly to GO to collect his $200. Just because he's David Haye. I say f*ck'im, no matter how a fight between and Fury would actually pan out. For the record, I have no problem imagining how Fury could actually lose to Haye, maybe even by knockout. All the more reason I don't want the fight. Let Haye earn his way back, first. In fact, should Wlad lose his rematch against Fury, I'd say have Wlad and Haye meet in a "loser retire" kind of fight.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As talented as Haye might be, it's his attitude toward boxing I can't stand. If he played Monopoly, he'd want to hoard a bunch of Get Out of Jail Free cards and go directly to GO to collect his $200. Just because he's David Haye. I say f*ck'im, no matter how a fight between and Fury would actually pan out. For the record, I have no problem imagining how Fury could actually lose to Haye, maybe even by knockout. All the more reason I don't want the fight. Let Haye earn his way back, first. In fact, should Wlad lose his rematch against Fury, I'd say have Wlad and Haye meet in a "loser retire" kind of fight.
    It's professional boxing mate. It's money first second and third and everything else after that.

Thread Information