Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default VALUEV-WLAD

Clash of the Titans II(Lewis-Grant was the first). I was wondering the potential of Nikolai, cause I saw his dominating performances. The fight with Ruiz was just too ugly, anyway Ruiz' fights are like that. I was thinking give this guy a few more high caliber fights, then maybe he can stand up to Wlad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: VALUEV-WLAD

Valuev might be able to take WLAD like 5 years from now, but right now Wlad is on his game.
    Although it would be awkward to have to be on the inside for the fight, he has good enough training to compensate.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he could give Wlad trouble, and Vitali and Lewis. I don't think he would beat them. This is because although these are all immensely talented boxers when the heat is on them they all adopt the same strategy; gloves up and hide behind their jab.

Quote Lewis after Tyson "It was all about my jab nobody gets away from my jab"

Against a guy with such a huge reach advantage their usual fallback position is negated.

Having said that I don't think that he could beat any of them yet, however he has the potential to be able to. With his massive size and raw power he can do things as powerfully as other fighters without necessarily having the technique. imagine if you had the technical boxing skills of Lewis inside the monstrous body of Valuev! Nobody and I mean Nobody would get away from that jab!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbird13
    I think he could give Wlad trouble, and Vitali and Lewis. I don't think he would beat them. This is because although these are all immensely talented boxers when the heat is on them they all adopt the same strategy; gloves up and hide behind their jab.

Against a guy with such a huge reach advantage their usual fallback position is negated.

Having said that I don't think that he could beat any of them yet, however he has the potential to be able to. With his massive size and raw power he can do things as powerfully as other fighters without necessarily having the technique. imagine if you had the technical boxing skills of Lewis inside the monstrous body of Valuev! Nobody and I mean Nobody would get away from that jab!!!
    Cool Clicked yah! When I was only hearing Valuev I thought he was this oversized boxer who moves awkwardly, but after watching some of his fights "Man this guy may have it!" That's it LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG JAB!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing normally when someone is that big there not cordinated enough to be as good as say lewis or vitali. I don't see this guy realling doing to much at all to be honest. I think if ruiz had a rematch ruiz would be him, even though I dont want that to happen because I can't stan ruiz. I think the only reason this guy is hyped is because of his size and nothing else, he don't even look that powerful to be honest with you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Wadeb_21

The thing normally when someone is that big there not cordinated enough to be as good as say lewis or vitali. I don't see this guy realling doing to much at all to be honest. I think if ruiz had a rematch ruiz would be him, even though I dont want that to happen because I can't stan ruiz. I think the only reason this guy is hyped is because of his size and nothing else, he don't even look that powerful to be honest with you.
    Well he is also hyped because he is a title holder, undefeated and represented by Don King
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

Well he is also hyped because he is a title holder, undefeated and represented by Don King
    Those are valid points I'll give you that. I wish Don King would just disapear though man that guy has been around way to long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Valuev should lose this badly... He isn't good enough.. I also thought he was better than everyone was saying, but he isn't world class in terms of skill. I think he has a good chin and the power even with his ugly technique to knock Wlad, but he'll had a hard time hitting Wlad if Wlad moves his head around at all, and beats Valuev to the punch. I would prefer to see Peter vs. Valuev because its more a freak show, and both are equally bad in terms of technique, and while one has height the other has more power than perhaps anyone thats ever boxed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Valuev might be able to take WLAD like 5 years from now, but right now Wlad is on his game.
    Although it would be awkward to have to be on the inside for the fight, he has good enough training to compensate.
    OH SHIT, i checked valuev's age after you said that cuz i thought he was at least 37, the motherfucker is only 32!

valuev has NO ablity to use his feet, he is SOOO slow when it comes to moving aroiung the ring, he isnt too slow woith his hands but thyre long enough for wladmir see his shots coming and have a suffifient amount of time to move, big wladdy would just beat the fuck out of him, i think valuev has a good chance aginst any other HW, and i think most HWs from the last 10 years (all the guys who have everyone kissing thier ass, and the guys whos absence is peoples reason for overlooking big vladdy) would loose to valuev, he just needs to lean back, he leans in and gives up his height...

maybee he does that cuz he isnt fast and he fells like his opponents have less time to react to him throwing when he leans in

big vladdy wold KTFO ANYONE ALIVE, especially peter in a rematch now that he is not afraid of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mintymen
    Clash of the Titans II(Lewis-Grant was the first). I
    "Clash of the Titans" was actually Ali/NortonIII

As for the question; Wlad should have far more ability than the big Russian, and should win an easy decision IMO.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gotta give Valuev credit though he is the best 7' + boxer I have seen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintymen
    Clash of the Titans II(Lewis-Grant was the first). I
    "Clash of the Titans" was actually Ali/NortonIII

As for the question; Wlad should have far more ability than the big Russian, and should win an easy decision IMO.
    Wow! I never knew that was billed "Clash of the Titans" too. CC BritKid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And also I suspect, the only 7'+ boxer you have seen!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if ruiz had a rematch ruiz would be him
    Again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid
    And also I suspect, the only 7'+ boxer you have seen!!!
    Well there is also Julius Long but.......Sam Peter may have finished him for good

Thread Information