Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Judah's performance elevate or lower his status?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Does Judah's performance elevate or lower his status?

For rds 1-4, Judah had me thinking upset. . . . . And then he ran out of gas. Which is inexplicable for a 28 year old fighter. Does this guy do any running for fights? By rd 6, all he was throwing was one punch here and there, with no power on them. Then, after several rds of abuse and embarassment by PBF, Zab lost it. And he had that same sadistic look on his face while low blowing and rabbit punching PBF that he had on his face when he choked Nady after the Tszyu fight.

This guy's a clown. And I hope PBF dont get a bum loss like RJJ did b/c of his Uncle's stupidity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Does Judah's performance elevate or lower his status?

Incredibly, Judah had the nerve to call himself the "# 1 p4p fighter in the sport" on the radio two days ago here in NY.

Honestly, right now I don't believe Zab Judah is in the top 20 on a legit p4p list.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to be honest judah did okay, he's done better against floyd than anyone bar castillo....but it was a let down performance seeing as he couldnt sustain anything much beyond the fourth round....

judah's credance and stock has most definately fallen in the last 6 months....but because baldomir made him look very average, and im sure zab will slip up again against fighters he shouldnt lose to in the future....

zab is unfulfilled promise....his mental inadequacies negate all of the skill and potential he could possibly utilise to his advantage....

his performance against floyd is probably the last real peak we will will see from zab, and to be honest that peak was a convincing loss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    to be honest judah did okay, he's done better against floyd than anyone bar castillo....but it was a let down performance seeing as he couldnt sustain anything much beyond the fourth round....

judah's credance and stock has most definately fallen in the last 6 months....but because baldomir made him look very average, and im sure zab will slip up again against fighters he shouldnt lose to in the future....

zab is unfulfilled promise....his mental inadequacies negate all of the skill and potential he could possibly utilise to his advantage....

his performance against floyd is probably the last real peak we will will see from zab, and to be honest that peak was a convincing loss...
    TRANSLATION: Judah is a moron.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

now, i never said that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

elevated. Since most people didn't think he'd even push Mayweather as hard as he did. And felt Mayweather would easily KO him.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know some of the zab brigade will be on to me, but i cant help but feel that though zab will be back and he can possibly pick up a belt or two more, his stock has most definately fallen on the back of 2 straight losses. the floyd loss, was acceptable because, heck, no ones beaten floyd....but the baldomir result...thats been the damage...

zab needs to get back out there and beat people, which im sure he can do, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him lose again against a fighter who really shouldnt be able to touch him...he doesnt have it mentally to be on the ball fight in fight out...

i like zab when he's good, but he blows a little too hot and cold for me....

if zab can come back and string together wins against the rest of the best out there, theni will be the first to hold my hands up and say im wrong...but im not convinced he can maintain his position amongst the elite without making further careless errors on the way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Judah doesn't deserve this much respect. He got speed, talent, fast legs, skill, etc. but boxing is more mental than physical. His mentality levels that of a moron. No boxer in history was able to establish his name as a great with a poor mentality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    i know some of the zab brigade will be on to me, but i cant help but feel that though zab will be back and he can possibly pick up a belt or two more, his stock has most definately fallen on the back of 2 straight losses. the floyd loss, was acceptable because, heck, no ones beaten floyd....but the baldomir result...thats been the damage...

zab needs to get back out there and beat people, which im sure he can do, but i wouldnt be surprised to see him lose again against a fighter who really shouldnt be able to touch him...he doesnt have it mentally to be on the ball fight in fight out...

i like zab when he's good, but he blows a little too hot and cold for me....

if zab can come back and string together wins against the rest of the best out there, theni will be the first to hold my hands up and say im wrong...but im not convinced he can maintain his position amongst the elite without making further careless errors on the way...

I'm in the same boat. What Zab should do is take every fight that Floyd isn't.

Floyd isn't going to fight Hatton after Margarito IF he even fights Margarito.

So Zab should ask to fight the winner of Collazo Hatton. Or the winner of Baldomir vs. gatti would be his best choice as it's an exiting fight and an ability to get his undisputed championship fight. And then he would fight the winner of the margarito Floyd fight or he could fight Hatton. Best thing for Zab to do now is to take all the fights Mayweather didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thats a good idea. But I doubt Hatton's people would risk blowing a huge PBF fightdown the road by fighting Zab, who, though a clown, is dangerous when focused. Now getting Margarito in the ring wouldnt be a problem cuz he cant pay anyone to fight him.

One of the most talented, but inconsistent fighters in recent history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by baller
    Judah doesn't deserve this much respect. He got speed, talent, fast legs, skill, etc. but boxing is more mental than physical. His mentality levels that of a moron. No boxer in history was able to establish his name as a great with a poor mentality.
    I think it's cause we know what he's capable of, so we hold on to that instead of grasping the reality of things, and that he's always going to have an excuse to not show up for the fight. And you're right his mentality levels that of a moron, but he's still so physically gifted that we watch over and over. Depressing if you think about it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From a boxing stand point...I think that Judah did great against Floyd for the first half of the fight...considering that it was Floyd Mayweather...an actual legit P4Per...but in a sense...that's done because after the first 5...it was all down hill from then on out...& others have faired better.

The lowblow & the rabbit punch just really ruined it all for me...the shat Roger pulled also...but what can you do.

I think he did well...but he's just the same Zab Judah to me & if he were stupid enough to fight Hatton, Castillo, or even Margarito...he'd be fwocked.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say that it has risen from the Baldomir loss, and that puts him below where he was before that loss. I think he has the potential to be a P4P fighter, but like everyone says his mentality will keep him from getting there. Another thing, he is fighting PBF and he starts getting tired after the 5th round? What did he not expect it to go past that. They were trying to say that he so focused on the fight he couldn't do any PR, looked like he was to focused to work on condidtioning to. Oh well, just another wasted talent.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If after a fight, the only claim of dignity you can come up with is "I gave him the second hardest fight of his life," your stock has fallen. sorry

Thread Information