Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hopkins? I'm wondering, too!

I'm wondering if Hopkins is as amazed as the rest of us, about his ability to compete at the top, at his (hmm..advanced?) age.
    What do you think motivates Hopkins, to keep fighting, the most? Money, fame, his legacy, or wanting to know just how far he can extent this amazing run he is on?
    I've never liked Hopkins, but that doesn't mean I'm not as interested as everyone else to see how far he can extend his career.
    He says he is an alien now, but would a alien need dentures, go bald, and need glasses. Lol Hopkins, amazing!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins? I'm wondering, too!

Hopkins is amazing, but he has lost me sometimes when fighting people that I think are below him, but with Kovalev, nobody can have any criticisms. He is a special fighter and I don't think any fighter will be able to do what he does in a very long time, none of todays elite are going to be able to stay at the top like Bhop has.

I think Kovalev should win, but Hopkins doesn't choose to fight for a laugh. He knows what he needs to do and I am as curious as anyone to see if he can pull it off.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins never made any serious dough until the Tito fight but, fuck me, that was 13 years ago, he's had plenty of big paydays since then. He lives like a monk so can't have blown his dosh ($250,000 for representing GB at certain gigs).

Never been a fan of his (when you wait up all night (4am) to watch boxing you deserve a bit of entertainment) but what he's doing as an old boy is fantastic.

I just hope Kovalev doesn't kill him. Literally.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    I'm wondering if Hopkins is as amazed as the rest of us, about his ability to compete at the top, at his (hmm..advanced?) age.
    What do you think motivates Hopkins, to keep fighting, the most? Money, fame, his legacy, or wanting to know just how far he can extent this amazing run he is on?
    I've never liked Hopkins, but that doesn't mean I'm not as interested as everyone else to see how far he can extend his career.
    He says he is an alien now, but would a alien need dentures, go bald, and need glasses. Lol Hopkins, amazing!
    I can't see Kovalev looking good in this fight

THERE IS NO WAY KOVALEV KNOCKS OUT OR STOPS HOPKINS

If Kovalev thinks he can just march forward in straight, throw bombs then the other person goes down, then he is in big trouble.

If this fight was made 15 years ago, then it's a pretty easy nights work for Hopkins

It's only his age that gives Kovalev a chance.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    What do you think motivates Hopkins, to keep fighting, the most? Money, fame, his legacy, or wanting to know just how far he can extent this amazing run he is on?http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingforum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=80259#
    I can't see Kovalev looking good in this fight

THERE IS NO WAY KOVALEV KNOCKS OUT OR STOPS HOPKINS

If Kovalev thinks he can just march forward in straight, throw bombs then the other person goes down, then he is in big trouble.

If this fight was made 15 years ago, then it's a pretty easy nights work for Hopkins

It's only his age that gives Kovalev a chance.
    Yeah, he's going to find out that Hopkins is hard to hit with a clean punch.
    The chance of a bomb landing always sucks me in even when my brain is saying no way.
    I think Hopkins is as amazed as the rest of us and is going to ride the bus to the end of the line. There is no way a fighter could expect or plan on a career lasting to this age. I mean a successful career, of course.
    Last edited by beenKOed; 08-04-2014 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins has slowed down and does not carry the weight of his punches that he had at middleweight so it is very interesting watching him continue to fight and beat young, strong, hungry and unbeaten fighters. It is truly amazing and I put it down to these fighters not having the fundamental skills and knowledge to beat the wily old man.

Why he carries on is simply because he can and the money is a lot better than if he was not fighting. He stays in the limelight and
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never bet against Bernard Hopkins!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bernard Hopkins Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

I bet he holds on to it longer than the minstrel show that is gayweather

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No not really. The guy is only where he is because he believes in himself. You couldn't do what he does if he didn't. I think he will have to lose 4 fights in a row before he even starts to be surprised he can do what he does. As boring as some of his fights and antics are. You cant look past what he has achieved. Nearly 50 and he is fighting to become the best in the devision by holding two top belts. No one has done this b4.

Thread Information