Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: - Arce vs. Vic - I was told this afternoon that....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default - Arce vs. Vic - I was told this afternoon that....

I had a day off from work today had some things to take care of and I called a good friend who is a boxing writer from Mexico was gonna ask him a question about Cazares next fight, and it just so happened that he is staying out here for the Margarito-SSM fight so I asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch.

I'll leave his name and the site he works for unknown just for the sake of it.

Now take this how you like. I didn't want to post this on the main board as I know he confines in me that I wouldn't go crazy posting this allover the net so thought I'd post it here.

According to "someone" within Arces camp, he has a fractured hand. They took X-rays about 2 weeks ago and he was advised NOT to fight.
    Regardless of that Arce is still training as much as possible. He's also saying he wants to go on and he'll fight like that. His manager is also advicing him to postpone the fight for late March but he's not having it.

Now can this just be Arces "pre-fight" excuse so that if he loses (which I think he will) he'll then expose and say that he had a fractured hand which is why he lost? The source is a reliable source but then again I feel like this is an act within the camp. Can this be an act just to spread the news around?

Anyway just wanted to share that with you. Also incase your asking yourself Hugo Cazares is slated to fight next month out here in Los Angeles on the same card will be Urbano Antillon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: - Arce vs. Vic - I was told this afternoon that....

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I had a day off from work today had some things to take care of and I called a good friend who is a boxing writer from Mexico was gonna ask him a question about Cazares next fight, and it just so happened that he is staying out here for the Margarito-SSM fight so I asked him if he wanted to meet up for lunch.

I'll leave his name and the site he works for unknown just for the sake of it.

Now take this how you like. I didn't want to post this on the main board as I know he confines in me that I wouldn't go crazy posting this allover the net so thought I'd post it here.

According to "someone" within Arces camp, he has a fractured hand. They took X-rays about 2 weeks ago and he was advised NOT to fight.
    Regardless of that Arce is still training as much as possible. He's also saying he wants to go on and he'll fight like that. His manager is also advicing him to postpone the fight for late March but he's not having it.

Now can this just be Arces "pre-fight" excuse so that if he loses (which I think he will) he'll then expose and say that he had a fractured hand which is why he lost? The source is a reliable source but then again I feel like this is an act within the camp. Can this be an act just to spread the news around?

Anyway just wanted to share that with you. Also incase your asking yourself Hugo Cazares is slated to fight next month out here in Los Angeles on the same card will be Urbano Antillon.

Hmmm not sure how to take this one...(Not what your source told you but what Arce and his camp are planning to do)....Could be Arce is afraid the fight not rematerialize or as you said could be his out if he loses...

The again maybe Arce actually believes that he can beat Vic even with a bad hand.....

Never know?.....We will have to see how it plays out
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right on Daxx...

We talked about this for about hr. and tried to come up with reasons and why's and if's...

Went in circles really and in the end he said the same thing you said. Were just gonna have to wait and see come Feb...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Right on Daxx...

We talked about this for about hr. and tried to come up with reasons and why's and if's...

Went in circles really and in the end he said the same thing you said. Were just gonna have to wait and see come Feb...
    Yeah it is funny the way these fighters and their camps think at times...Even funnier their logic at times...

EG- Good Story for ya real Quick....

The night before Cintron faced Maragrito for the first time his mgr/trainer goes up to his hotel room to check on him and see if everything is OK...A woman answers the door and tell him that she will be handling affairs for Kermit and he will go through her for ann conversations....

Kermits trainer replies to her...Well how the hell is this going to work out tommorow night when Margarito is punching him in the face?....The girl replies....I am not even sure if Kermit is going to fight he is tired and we have plans tonight...

Manager replies.....Well don't be too tired tommorow you will need all the strength you have to pick him up off the canvas......

She yells down the hall as the mgr is walking away.....

"You don't have it in your contract to tell me what to do"......

Mgr yells back....I don't have a contract at all......

The next night Cintron tell the mgr in the locker room after the fight....Why didn't you make sure I trained harder and made sure I was ready for this fight?.....

Point is these guys will do anything to get in the fight then they will do even more to pass the blame on anything else but the fact they just lost....Some of these guys actuallly set themselves up for failure IMO...

I mean shit why the hell would you fight with a fractured hand against a dangerous fighter like Vic?......

Answer...So in the morning if he loses he can actually look himself n the mirror and say..."He did not beat me at my best"..

I don't get it...fighters are hard guys to figure out
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet we can sit here and go back and forth of times where boxers just set themselves up for stuff like this...

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good its even then, Vic fights like a one armed crab.

Dont belive it, want to see the doctors report and the xray.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not the hardest thing to believe. There was a fighter out here recently who busted his ear drum and tried not telling anyone about it until he was hospitalized trying to make weight. That's intense, keeping a busted ear drum under wraps until you are hospitalized.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Dont belive it, want to see the doctors report and the xray.
    I'll see what I can do...

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by amat View Post
    It's not the hardest thing to believe. There was a fighter out here recently who busted his ear drum and tried not telling anyone about it until he was hospitalized trying to make weight. That's intense, keeping a busted ear drum under wraps until you are hospitalized.
    Imagine if hehad fought he would of looked like Naz
    (for un balanced moves).
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not wanting to sound like im talkingVic up too much, but Arce is getting on a bit and maybe not the fighter he once was. Even at his best he would have had all he could take from Darch, but fighting him with a borken mit is just silly. I mean Vic hits very hard and often for such a small guy, couple that with Arces Mexican bravery and Vic could do Arce some real damage. That would be a shame.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CMM. It depends. How close is the source and how much do you trust him.

I've recently had a situation very similar to this. But I'm keeping quiet on the details. If x, y & z only know something and word gets round. It wouldn't take long to realise who let it slip.

The point I made is, boxing is a funny sport and at times very unfair because unlike other sports for example football. If a guy doesn't get selected or limps off the field and annouces he has pulled a hamstring. Everyone doesn't jump up and call him a liar and he's making excuses for a poor performance. Well, most of the time they don't

In boxing the reverse is true. They're making excuses, they're a bad loser. If a boxer or a camp gives the slightest hint of injury no one believes them. Perhaps it has to do with the macho nature of the sport? These guys are good but they're not supermen, they will and do get hurt and I'm positive many enter the ring not 100% fit and injury free.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good info Mick.

Hopefully it wont get out (no chance).

HUGE bet on Vic is in order
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Not wanting to sound like im talkingVic up too much, but Arce is getting on a bit and maybe not the fighter he once was. Even at his best he would have had all he could take from Darch, but fighting him with a borken mit is just silly. I mean Vic hits very hard and often for such a small guy, couple that with Arces Mexican bravery and Vic could do Arce some real damage. That would be a shame.
    2 yrs. ago or so I think Arce could have tooken Vic, he was 2 yrs. younger and a bit more complete...

Now after seeing his performance vs. Concepcion I can tell you that Vic will spark him out... Arces aged and his defense is all but gone now and he just fights with guts and by instinct.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    CMM. It depends. How close is the source and how much do you trust him.
    I trust the writer whom I had lunch with I've been friends with him for sometime now and have a good frienship with him.
    He wouldn't have told me if he felt it was bullshit, as he we talked he was serious with me so I believe it...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Good info Mick.

Hopefully it wont get out (no chance).

HUGE bet on Vic is in order
    Put the house, car and the wife on the line...

Thread Information