Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manny Pacquiao named mandatory challenger to Floyd Mayweather’s WBC 147-lb title

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Manny Pacquiao named mandatory challenger to Floyd Mayweather’s WBC 147-lb title

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even though pac shouldnt be at that number at least soneone is trying to cut off all the options to this fight to be made before floyd retires this fight takes place.

Its all about numbers and what arum will accept from a younger al haymon and leonard ellerbe. Its about pride and whether arum is happy to go to his grave knowing his former best fighter beat his current best fighter and made more money than him.

Its all about pride, greed and stubborness!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao named mandatory challenger to Floyd Mayweather’s WBC 147-lb title

The only time I'll believe this fight actually will happen is in the 12th round of the fight. Until then it could just be an elaborate hoax.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao named mandatory challenger to Floyd Mayweather’s WBC 147-lb title

Pac is also #1 to Bradley. That fight happens before either gets to Floyd

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've no idea if this would affect the chances of the fight happening or not, these are two of the only guys in the sport who are well and truly above the belts. Just for a lark though, how does Pacquiao's beating a man who had never fought at 147 and was coming off a loss in the division below warrant this

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacs next opponent should tell us if Bob is finally ready to try and make the fight. If he goes for a belt he loses the mandatory status so...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was it hagler or hearns that it took sugar ray 10 years too fight this fight will happen.

I'm more worried Bradley could beat PAC man before this fight can happen.

Call me crazy I would rather see Floyd go up in weight vs ggg or Martinez

After seeing Bradley beat Juan mr Olympia Marquez he could be the best fight for Floyd

Right after manny beat cotto he could of beat floyd

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyds got about a week to decide if he's going to keep the WBC 147 or 154. I suspect he will drop the 154.

Jose is not going to force Floyd to fight anyone including Manny. Floyd is Jose's cash cow. He will overlook the rules just as he has for countless headliners over the years. Not only that, Mannys placement at #1 is another magic trick. These two could not get it done for what would have been 100 millions dollars at the peak of their careers. This wont change a thing.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Floyds got about a week to decide if he's going to keep the WBC 147 or 154. I suspect he will drop the 154.

Jose is not going to force Floyd to fight anyone including Manny. Floyd is Jose's cash cow. He will overlook the rules just as he has for countless headliners over the years. Not only that, Mannys placement at #1 is another magic trick. These two could not get it done for what would have been 100 millions dollars at the peak of their careers. This wont change a thing.
    I agree with the thought process but not necessarily the conclusion. Jose does want that Floyd money. But consider that the WBC gets 3% of the purse. 3% of that fight is a lot of money. If Jose thought Pac would win I don't think he'd even consider trying to force it. But he thinks Floyd would beat him. Don't get me wrong, he would never lay down the law but he might push for it. And I don't think Floyd would consider dropping the belt because he knows that in the end that would decide who didn't want the fight right or wrong. There are many new problems. Bob wouldn't like 30%, GBP and TR wouldn't want to do a purse bid because anyone could swoop in and buy the fight etcetera. But it's an interesting development. Does Manny fight Provo and look to be the mandatory or does he fight Bradley and give up his mandatory status. I'm intrigued by the Dec 15th deadline, it suggests Jose wants to try. I mean look at how long he's given Vitali but Floyd got only 4 months. I'm desperate for this shitshow to come to a conclusion, any conclusion so I hope someone is really willing to try.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post

I agree with the thought process but not necessarily the conclusion. Jose does want that Floyd money. But consider that the WBC gets 3% of the purse. 3% of that fight is a lot of money. If Jose thought Pac would win I don't think he'd even consider trying to force it. But he thinks Floyd would beat him. Don't get me wrong, he would never lay down the law but he might push for it. And I don't think Floyd would consider dropping the belt because he knows that in the end that would decide who didn't want the fight right or wrong. There are many new problems. Bob wouldn't like 30%, GBP and TR wouldn't want to do a purse bid because anyone could swoop in and buy the fight etcetera. But it's an interesting development. Does Manny fight Provo and look to be the mandatory or does he fight Bradley and give up his mandatory status. I'm intrigued by the Dec 15th deadline, it suggests Jose wants to try. I mean look at how long he's given Vitali but Floyd got only 4 months. I'm desperate for this shitshow to come to a conclusion, any conclusion so I hope someone is really willing to try.
    The only consistent thing about the WBC is its inconsistency. Martinez had to give up his 154 strap also but Vitali got to come off a 3 year or whatever hiatus and to get an immediate fight with Peter because of his emeritus status. Jose let Roy slide until he wanted to feast etc etc. Jose never had issues with Alvarez having to belts or Garcia but routinely asks others to keep his or the other. His payout from Floyds fights must be unreal. Seems everyone is pulling out all the stops to try and make this fight. Its a real shame about this riff. It sure does hurt the sport. Its not just these two and people forget that. They both have pretty good stables and this eternal squabble is really robbing the fans.

It would not surprise me in the least to see Jose make Floyd emeritus and have the regular title fought over. Its right up his alley. Who knows. I never thought the fight would ever happen but I think there might be a chance now and not because of Manny's magic ranking.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, I remember very well how when everyone thought it would happen you were the only one saying it wouldn't. That holds a lot of weight. I guess I just see a mandatory situation is a way for everyone to save face. Neither side would be giving in to the other. Removing ego from the equation is a big step. Probably not the step but still a big one.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tough decision for Floyd... Cherry pick Khan, an opponent with exactly ZERO chances to win and for which he will receive fierce criticism... Or Manny who whilst maybe not the previous force he was, definitely competitive and will put a clear shine on his career.

If he doesn't fight Manny- quack quack quack!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yeah, I remember very well how when everyone thought it would happen you were the only one saying it wouldn't. That holds a lot of weight. I guess I just see a mandatory situation is a way for everyone to save face. Neither side would be giving in to the other. Removing ego from the equation is a big step. Probably not the step but still a big one.

I hear ya. Thing is Floyd will see this as a slight of hand because of the ego you speak of. An Arum ploy to use the Wbc and Floyd as a way to cash Manny out. Floyd will see it as Arum attempting pimp him again. I think you are bang on. If they would just leave that rock of ego at the door along with the pipe we probably would have seen them fight twice by now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't really matter, Floyd is now gun-shy, won't mix it up, is apprehended to engage ever since old man Moseley almost knocked Floyd’s brains out in 2 rds.
    Look for Pacquiao to take advantage of Floyd's' apprehendedness by exploding on him fast and early with furious counter checkhooks, driving Floyd back to take advantage of Floyd's inadequacies regarding fighting backing up. Look for Pacquaio to TKO Floyd in the 2nd rd in a classic mismatch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow lol. If floyd takes the riddick bowe route, he's gonna look like a real bitch especially since he loves the gold and green WBC belt so much. Thrre is just no excuse if he were to dump it..

Thread Information