Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cops shooting innocent members of the public.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cops shooting innocent members of the public.

Seems its a problem thats growing.

Here we have a black officer shooting a white housewife.

Not sure what the underlying problem is with street cops and where they point their weapons.

But I think many of these fucking idiots need retraining as to which part of the target to point the weapon at depending on circumstances.

Also maybe a course in anxiety management and in some cases anger management.

So it isnt all white cops killing black street youths...

Its getting worse something needs to be done.

No charges against Iowa officer who shot and killed young mother; rally planned - Greenville Dog | Examiner.com
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cops shooting innocent members of the public.

Weird.... very weird.

The story is that the cop was "startled" by the family's German shepherd.... whatever "startled" means in this particular case. The cop goes to shoot the dog, slips on the snow, and shoots the woman in the chest. So on the surface, it was an accidental death. Yet... one has to shake his head at the complete and total incompetency of this cop and how the hell can he be licensed to carry a loaded weapon. Went to kill the dog... slipped... and killed a mother and wife instead. Ooooops!! My bad.

This is a police officer, supposedly with the proper training in the use of firearms and lethal force. Imagine what an average citizen would do in a case like this. Probably get off three or four shots on his way to the ground and take out a small village.

Still, it is unclear what the dog was doing. There's a big difference between just "following" the officer, and pouncing on him with the intent of ripping out his throat, in which case the shooting of the dog would've been justified.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a sport now... and the same MO... we thought he had a weapon, or he was coming right for us with something... etc... etc...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Americans are armed to the teeth with legal and illegal firearms. Cops are living in fear and paranoia. A cops worst nightmare is to go out on the beat one day and respond to a simple call say of domestic violence and to answer the door and see a tech nine or a glock in his face and get blown away and never see his wife and children again that day. This is contributing to the trigger happy bullshit that the cops are now manifesting. Cops need to be retrained. on the other side of the coin. They are arrogant trigger-happy power-hungry bullies who love to intimidate common people

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shoot first, think later. These people are pumped up on goodness knows what and are shooting down the public with reckless abandon. It's like Rome in the dying days.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Thats nearly as weird as the other story. Who serves a warrant to someone who is wanted for killing two people?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Weird.... very weird.

The story is that the cop was "startled" by the family's German shepherd.... whatever "startled" means in this particular case. The cop goes to shoot the dog, slips on the snow, and shoots the woman in the chest. So on the surface, it was an accidental death. Yet... one has to shake his head at the complete and total incompetency of this cop and how the hell can he be licensed to carry a loaded weapon. Went to kill the dog... slipped... and killed a mother and wife instead. Ooooops!! My bad.

This is a police officer, supposedly with the proper training in the use of firearms and lethal force. Imagine what an average citizen would do in a case like this. Probably get off three or four shots on his way to the ground and take out a small village.

Still, it is unclear what the dog was doing. There's a big difference between just "following" the officer, and pouncing on him with the intent of ripping out his throat, in which case the shooting of the dog would've been justified.
    Two shots in the lady and one in the dog. Weird stuff.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard to make a judgement on it without seeing what happened. The cop was treated for a dog bite so I guess the shepherd had attacked him.

Cops need the right to defend themselves because their lives are constantly in danger. Two cops in Ferguson were shot just recently I read. It seems like a tragic accident but those kinds of things are going to happen. I don't see it as an epidemic. It's easy to sit back after the fact and say what someone should or shouldn't have done, but when you're in the moment and your safety is in danger, people are going to make mistakes. The best thing people can do is make the cop's job as easy as possible: don't resist arrest, don't put your hands in your pockets when a cop tells you to put them up, and in this case don't start a fight right in front of a cop and leave your guard dog inside the house.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Weird.... very weird.

Two shots in the lady and one in the dog. Weird stuff.
    @Andre why is it weird? I once pumped a lady twice and then her dog.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is always tragic but you have to keep it in perspective. Last year there were 250000 misdemeanor arrests in NYC and only one resulted in a fatality which was the Eric garner cigarette case. We have over 300 million people in the US and God knows how many cops. More civilians kill cops than visa vie. Again, the numbers are tragic anyway you look at it but when taking in account the size of our population it is relatively low. I do own a gun the only thing I ever use it for is target shooting.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I legally own a Colt .45, a 9mm Walther PPQ, a Lange Pistol 08 German Luger with removable stock, 2 US .30-06 rifles used in WW2 (one Springfield bolt-action and one M-1 Garand semi-auto), and a Lee Enfield rifle from WWI. I have shot all of them in upstate New York at ranges and on private property. No hunting or anything, just target.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I legally own a Colt .45,
    Legally & illegally I have drank Colt45, malt liquor that is.

a 9mm Walther PPQ,

I have bought liquor at Walther liquor depot.

a Lange Pistol 08 German Luger with removable stock,

I have had German Lager

2 US .30-06 rifles used in WW2 (one Springfield bolt-action and one M-1 Garand semi-auto), and a Lee Enfield rifle from WWI.

Well I've heard about people pissed at the war not letting them drink

I have shot all of them in upstate New York at ranges and on private property. No hunting or anything, just target.
    I've had a few shots in upstate New York. Shots of tequila, shots of Bacardi & shots of Hennessy.

Ah, Brock, nothing like downing shots..oh, shit ya'll meant shots as in bullets? Nevermind...

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn, I'm really starting to like Slim, I think he is just as whacked as me, miles and Brock.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Damn, I'm really starting to like Slim, I think he is just as whacked as me, miles and Brock.
    Slim is the shit. Straight up. For real. Dog aint jus' trippin, he for REAL.

Thread Information