Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ricky Hatton's boxer's licence withdrawn by Boxing Board of Control

Ricky Hatton today had his boxer's licence withdrawn by the British Boxing Board of Control.
    The 31-year-old, who is to be investigated by police over allegations he snorted cocaine in a hotel room, was admitted to a rehabilitation clinic 10 days ago.
    A BBBofC statement today read: "Mr Ricky Hatton MBE was legally represented at a hearing held by the stewards of the British Boxing Board of Control on Wednesday 22 September 2010 to answer charges of bringing boxing into disrepute arising out of incidents of alcohol and drug abuse by him which had been reported widely across the media.
    "The board is especially concerned to keep the sport of boxing free from drugs, whether taken for recreational or performance enhancing reasons and to be vigilant in identifying and dealing with cases of alcohol abuse.
    "At the hearing, the board found Ricky Hatton guilty of misconduct in that his actions and behaviour were detrimental to the interests of boxing and to the public interest and that he had brought the sport into disrepute.
    "Ricky Hatton is not an active boxer and his current physical condition is such that the Board decided to withdraw his boxer's licence."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010...ense-withdrawn
    "There is no point being alive if you cannot do the deadlift."
    John Paul Sigmarrsson, 4 time Word's Strongest Man

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ricky Hatton's boxer's licence withdrawn by Boxing Board of Control

kick him whilst he's down

whats the point?

hes said himself he isnt gonna use it, they could have at least waited till the dust settled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

spot on eric absolute shambles

like not allowing me to fight because i smoke the odd joint

ive been in a fight high and i can absolutely promise anyone concerned that in no shape or form does it enhance my ability
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

aye but dude your not a professional boxer

me and my mate phil play a lot of wii tennis and i would consider myself as almost profession nowadays

sometimes we play after a spliff or two and i think it helps with concentration and gives me a competative edge that i wouldnt have had without the weed

maybe if you are boxer it works the same way

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

ive been in a fight high and i can absolutely promise anyone concerned that in no shape or form does it enhance my ability
    I thought the same when Mutu got banned for cocain use. If anything Chelsea should have been given a goal head-start everytime he played.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

I thought the same when Mutu got banned for cocain use. If anything Chelsea should have been given a goal head-start everytime he played.

haha, exactly, lol

id love to fight someone who is high, even if it was an intense high he still wouldnt be able to concentrate properly
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha, exactly, lol

id love to fight someone who is high, even if it was an intense high he still wouldnt be able to concentrate properly
    He'd be fucked when the munchies kick in.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What did he expect, this was inevitable. Prat.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He can always fight in Texas.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's ridiculous. The only person he's harming is himself. £20,000 fine, loses his boxers, managers, and second's licenses.

I'd go apeshit and publicly call the BBBOC a bunch of hypocritical, media pandering twats.

If they revoke his license is it only to fight in this country? I mean can he still fight in the states?

What if was still active and in the middle of a contract. What would happen then? Who would compensate the promoter?

Probably a third of the entire adult population of Britain have taken cocaine or some other similar drugs at least once in their lives.

To put that into perspective the statistics on homosexuality were released today. The total number of gay and lesbians in this country amounts to 1.5% of the total population, a tiny, tiny number. Yet with the amounts of rights they have you'd think it was 50%.

So 1.5% of people are gay and the governement and media have bent over backwards to accommodate them and to insist their practices are entirely normal, and yet Ricky does something that has probably been done by 30% of us, or twenty times more than are gay and he's labelled as some kind of scum who has done something morally outrageous.

Not picking on gay people here but just highlighting the baffling logic of our modern world.

Ricky just did something lots of otherwise completely normal, law abiding citizens do.

i'm sure he will respond by prostrating himself further and baring his buttocks to be whipped, but personally I'd tell the British boxing board exactly where they could stick their fucking license.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you dont get the munchies off ching only ganj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Ricky Hatton's boxer's licence withdrawn by Boxing Board of Control

Ricky is going down hill

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it doesn't make you any stronger or give you a quicker response but it might numb the pain and a sense of euphoria.

While I agree that no action would have been a better choice, drugs have no place in boxing recreational or otherwise.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

you dont get the munchies off ching only ganj
    I was referring to Hammer's post about smoking weed. Keyboard warrior.

Thread Information