Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I Know Im Still Not Good, I Still Dont Have A Boxing Trainer But Im Still Lookin

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I Know Im Still Not Good, I Still Dont Have A Boxing Trainer But Im Still Lookin

So Go Check Out My New Uploaded Video You Probably Wont Want To Watch The Whole Thing But Have Fun.

Oh Yeah It Was Freeken Hot Out Side Thats Why I Was So Exausted It Was 85 Degrees Outside And My Shop Is Out side With No Air Condition Or Anything So It Was Baking Hot In There But I Still Tried To Use Music To Keep me Going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLL4ba6gR7c

TELL ME WHAT IM STILL DOING WRONG

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T6tetP7k1kQ

^I Made This Short Video When I Was Messing Around In My Shop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Know Im Still Not Good, I Still Dont Have A Boxing Trainer But Im Still Lookin

PLEASE Leave Comments On The Video Or If You Dont Want To Make A Youtube Account Just Post Your Comments On This Topic Either Way I Dont Mind I Just Need To Know What Im Doing Wrong Still
    IM SURE THERES ALOT
    But Remember You Guys Are My Only Trainers And Im Counting On You
    So Please Help..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I Know Im Still Not Good, I Still Dont Have A Boxing Trainer But Im Still Lookin

Youre improving all the time,I think youve got somrthing. Its a shame you cant get a good coach, to work with you because I think you have talent.Plus I like your attitude, in a week Im putting some ideas up for Von have a look at them.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok Scrap

"in a week Im putting some ideas up for Von have a look at them."

Who And Where Is Von

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

keep those shots high and your hands tighter... I always like to keep my right covering my chin and my left up high on my cheeck bone.

Your starting to use your shoulders more but stop doing that role thing... in essence you're barely moving your head but your moving your neck and shoulder all over the shop.

if you practice bobbing and weaving, it comes from footwork, mainly the knees and some shoulder movement... but not much. if its single slipping then just shift your weight onto which ever leg you a slipping towards (left is the simpelest, bend at the left knee and twist the right shoulder to the left... opposie with the right but it's harder to get a feel for (for me at least any way... I used to find slipping to the left or 'inside' a regular figher, now the right feels easier)

Only watched a few minutes, will watch more and post more

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh and its a definet improvement by teh way.

You're starting to get some weight into those shots, the way you twist your shoulders into isn't bad, you need to plant more when you are throwing and step into the shots at the start of flurries, using the legs more... get your knees bent... your legs are letting your punching down...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Occasionally when you step backwards you are moving the front foot first, you always move the back.

Also try and make the steps slightly smaller... the longer you are balanced and planted the better you'll also be able to move more precisley and just as quick.

Sort of like sprinting, if you over step you spend to long in the air and have to wait for both feet to touch the floor to contact.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats with the last one?

gotta keep those punches up, not only is it easy to punch at chest height but its asking to get countered and likely just gonna just an elbow or something...

You really don't want to get into that habit...

Also your camera goes crazy at 7 seconds, some one move it or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Assume Your talking About The Speed One Well That Was Just 2 Vidz Put Together I Fugured Who Would Want To Watch A 10 Second One So I Put Them Together To Make It Longer But I Figure its No Big Deal Instead Of Posting 2 Small Ones Post 1 Bigger One
    But Lords Gym Has Showed Me What I should Be Doing And How Long I Should Be Doing It For

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym24.htm

Go Down And Watch the Video, Ross Is Truly A BadAss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i agree with these guys you show some serious will to learn and you throw your shots real nicely, i like your jabs, straits and right hook! if you can just get into habit of doing things like having you hands higher and tighter, shoot the jab,boom and bring your hands right back, and at times you seem a lil flat footed( i think youre a southpaw right?) but u should keep the heel of you left foot off the floor at all times that'll aid your movementand when you bob and weave move you legs appropriately and it'll come smoother and easyer like slipping a jab before you throw one back at the bag jus move you back legs knee in with you, if u get what i mean? lol like keep practicing and keep watching the pro's and you'll get it soon enough and then go find a gym and impress a trainer like you impress us and if you work hard enough and impress theyl train you! and seriously i think you put yourself down too much like " im sure theres alot" u should be confident cos your good these arent huge things what people are saying are small tips and fine tuning keep at it matey!!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ADVICE AND PLEASE KEEP IT COMING ANYONE WHO HAS ANYTHING TO SAY PLEASE DONT BE AFRAID TO POST I NEED EVERYTHING I CAN GET.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Check Out One Of My Youtube Friends Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPhPwnVC9aQ

I think He Is Pretty Good
    You Tell Me??

Thread Information