Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vernon Paris fighting this weekend at the Bonaventure Hotel.. I might go watch him

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vernon Paris fighting this weekend at the Bonaventure Hotel.. I might go watch him

I kinda like Paris' style even though he has shit load of issues.. Im still confused as to why he decided to sign with Don King but whatevers man.

He's fighting at a small venue this weekend and i might go..

What are your thoughts on Paris?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vernon Paris fighting this weekend at the Bonaventure Hotel.. I might go watch hi

He was a huge bust for me, I predicted HUGE things for him when I saw him fight as an 18 year old who had more raw talent and poise than any 18 year old should have. But he seemed to just go nowhere in his career and finally when he got a decent fight vs Judah he looked mediocre.

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vernon Paris fighting this weekend at the Bonaventure Hotel.. I might go watch hi

They have fights at the Bonaventure? I was ten and my cousin and I took the bus downtown from Eagle Rock. That dining room atop the Bonaventure was the coolest thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    He was a huge bust for me, I predicted HUGE things for him when I saw him fight as an 18 year old who had more raw talent and poise than any 18 year old should have. But he seemed to just go nowhere in his career and finally when he got a decent fight vs Judah he looked mediocre.
    He's the perfect example of how raw talents can only take you so far. Based on talent alone, he should've been a titlist by now mixing it up with the top guys but there are few screws loose in his head..

He surprised me against Tim Coleman though.. There was mad beef between them leading up the fight as Coleman let out all of Paris' dirty laundries. lol Supposedly, Paris was known as a major crackhead in his neighborhood and didnt even train properly.. To make matters worse, Coleman was fucking around with Paris' ex girlfriend and dude used that to get inside of Paris' head.. He was on some Broner-Malignaggie type shit..

Paris was pretty quiet during the build up though so u know he was up for this one..

Coleman looked so dumb that night..

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He's the perfect example of how raw talents can only take you so far. Based on talent alone, he should've been a titlist by now mixing it up with the top guys but there are few screws loose in his head..

He surprised me against Tim Coleman though.. There was mad beef between them leading up the fight as Coleman let out all of Paris' dirty laundries. lol Supposedly, Paris was known as a major crackhead in his neighborhood and didnt even train properly.. To make matters worse, Coleman was fucking around with Paris' ex girlfriend and dude used that to get inside of Paris' head.. He was on some Broner-Malignaggie type shit..

Paris was pretty quiet during the build up though so u know he was up for this one..

I backed Paris that night. He was somehow a 3/1 dog although I almost looked stupid when Paris was down early in the fight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a great action fight.

Vernon had so much ability, he could shoulder roll and counter with the right at 18 like a young James Toney. I guess he was drugged out and didn't train. Ah well, I think he missed his opportunity, he squandered too many years. But yeah I would definitely go see him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

I backed Paris that night. He was somehow a 3/1 dog although I almost looked stupid when Paris was down early in the fight.
    Good call.. Maybe i got too caught up with the rumours that were being thrown around leading up to the bout but I picked Coleman and Im still mad at myself for it... TBH I lost money that night.

Paris was known as a slacker in the gym and dude was a known drug user so all of this pointed towards a Coleman victory who was a hungry gym rat despite his lesser talents.

I should have looked at the styles only cuz it was a no brainer.. smh

Thread Information