Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cora Jr. and Mighty Mo Lose

Tokarev wins, Mighty Mo loses!

Thursday, May 18 2006
    Fightnews.com
    By Randy Hammons at ringside
    Seminole Hard Rock LIVE Arena, Hollywood, FL

In a scintillating fight, Vadim Tokarev (22-0-1, 15 KOs) scored a spectacular fourth round TKO over previously unbeaten Felix Cora, Jr. (18-1-2, 9 KOs). Tokarev dropped Cora with a barrage of punches in round four, but Cora fought back bravely and had Tokarev reeling. The Russian, however, bravely responded to the attack and hurt Cora again prompting referee James Waring to jump in and stop the fight at 2:52 of the round. With the win Tokarev took Cora's NABF title.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    39-year-old Chicago heavyweight Lamar Stephens (7-2-1, 3 KOs) gave K-1 superstar Mighty "Mo" Siliga a rude introduction to the sweet science, winning a one-sided unanimous decision by scores of 59-55, 59-55, 59-55. Mighty Mo (0-1) was never able to display his much ballyhooed power as Stephens kept him at bay with his jab for most the bout, then rocked the tiring former MMA fighter with an uppercut in the final seconds.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WBO #15 super middleweight Samuel Miller (14-0, 12 KOs) scored an eight round unanimous over tough guy Martin Desjardins (5-8-2, 3 KOs). Miller sent Desjardins through the ropes with a low blow (ruled a knockdown), but Desjardins rocked with a left hook Miller in the last few seconds. Scores were 80-71, 80-71, 79-73.
    A scheduled six-rounder between super middleweights Jose Juan Vasquez (17-1, 9 KOs) and Carl Cockerham (12-11-3, 4 KOs) ended in a no-contest after Vasquez was cut over the right eye by a head butt in round three.
    In a six round lightweight bout, unbeaten Jesus Pabon (6-0, 4 KOs) knocked out Joel Ortega with an overhand left in round three. Referee James Waring counted out Ortega at 2:59.

Well that answers two questions
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Cora Jr. and Mighty Mo Lose

haha like what was said in the other topic as far as Mo goes. MMA is different then boxing. Someone who has a great chin in MMA may have a glass chin in boxing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    haha like what was said in the other topic as far as Mo goes. MMA is different then boxing. Someone who has a great chin in MMA may have a glass chin in boxing
    Same can be said vice virsa... Mercer got rocked over there, and got his jaw broken by a weak kick, anyways I was suprised Mora lost he looked really solid technically despite having a weak chin.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really, Mercer was well past his best, Klitschko killed him before k1 but mo was being promoted as if a heavy saviour how embarrasing for mma, as is always the case they dont know how to defend against punches and have no stamina

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All these clowns think they can make it in boxing whenever they want. Guess not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Not really, Mercer was well past his best, Klitschko killed him before k1 but mo was being promoted as if a heavy saviour how embarrasing for mma, as is always the case they dont know how to defend against punches and have no stamina
    Doens't matter he still(Mercer) wasn't even close to good enough to beat Remy Bonjasky who Mo did last year I believe... and Mercer would beat Mo at boxing even now if he trained... it just goes to show that learning one style isn't always the most effective, and it depends who's style they fight that often determines who looks more impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please explain the logic in that one Did he put on a new chin for the boxing matchYou ever been hit with someone wearing either kind of gloves I have and let me tell you I will take the Boxing glove all day compared to a lightly padded MMa glove!!!!!Man that was the dumbest post I have read...Stick to Boxing you know nothing about MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again another ignorant post about MMA... You know nothing about it how embarassing for you?It appears they cant defend against the punch because they donthave the benefit of a big bulky glove to protect there face!!!! Plus seldom can you Rely on traditional boxing defense in every situation since you have to watch for Takedowns,Clinches,Knees, Elbows kicks,etc...But you knew that!!! Stamina in question as well 3-5 rounds with a 5minute time limit while grappling with guys and carrying there weight then having to switch back to standup then down on the ground againif need be...

I am sure you knew alot about MMA and researced it intelligently before you posted on the subject...NOT!!! MMA and MO have nothing to be ashamed or embarassed about there world class athletes!!!...You should be embarassed for posting such crap...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    All these clowns think they can make it in boxing whenever they want.  Guess not.
    Clown huh??do you compete?? Oh I guess no one is able to do another sport if they are already in one!!!!! That makes you a clown for tryingHey man dont forget there are quite a few boxers who have made the transition unsuccessfully into MMA and know one needles them for trying.... you have to stay in it long enough to have any success(Thats anything in life dude)

El Kabong Guest

As far as Mercer goes of course he was going to lose he was matched against a kicker no matter how long you've been boxing you aren't ready to fight a kicker!

Now for Mighty "Mo" all I have to say is "HAHA"...couldn't even beat the bum they put you in with. Isn't Sliga the one who wears the knee brace and takes hella punches in K-1?

Now I'm not faulting him for trying but damn as far as what I saw from him in K-1 he needs to stay FAR away from pro boxing!!!! He takes too many punches

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Again another ignorant post about MMA... You know nothing about it how embarassing for you?It appears they cant defend against the punch because they donthave the benefit of a big bulky glove to protect there face!!!! Plus seldom can you Rely on traditional boxing defense in every situation since you have to watch for Takedowns,Clinches,Knees, Elbows kicks,etc...But you knew that!!! Stamina in question as well 3-5 rounds with a 5minute time limit while grappling with guys and carrying there weight then having to switch back to standup then down on the ground againif need be...

I am sure you knew alot about MMA and researced it intelligently before you posted on the subject...NOT!!! MMA and MO have nothing to be ashamed or embarassed about there world class athletes!!!...You should be embarassed for posting such crap...
    Ive had 18 amature boxing matches, trained for 2 years at freestyle karate and have been grappling with a local Gracie Barra school for a few years.

MMA fighters dont know how to handle punches with or with out gloves, they look for the take down straight away, especialy in a street fight. When ive done mixed sparring with the brazilian jiu jitsu and with the freestyle karate guys, oh and with the traditional jiu jitsu guys my uncle trains at a local leisure centre they just get overwhelmed when you pressure with punches. Just like anyone going sparring the first time all they do is put there arms across their face and bend down, generaly k1 or ultimate fighters dont do this because they do some sparring with boxers but not hard sparring wher they learn to be effective with punches or not overwhelmed and panic.

Alot of mma fighters look embarrasing when theyve run out of stamina and stand up fight more to take a breather than because that is where they are more effective, they throw girly punches that wouldnt hurt or land without gloves on and just stand like windmills with their chins there for the taking, thats embarrasing, especialy when people like yourself stand up for them and say how great they are when mo is a prime example being beaten quiet easily and on the verge of being stopped by a bum, someone chosen because he was viewed as a soft touch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again another ignorant post about MMA... You know nothing about it how embarassing for you?It appears they cant defend against the punch because they donthave the benefit of a big bulky glove to protect there face!!!! Plus seldom can you Rely on traditional boxing defense in every situation  since you have to watch for Takedowns,Clinches,Knees, Elbows kicks,etc...But you knew that!!!  Stamina in question as well 3-5 rounds with a 5minute time limit while grappling with guys and carrying there weight then having to switch back to standup then down on the ground againif need be...

Ive had 18 amature boxing matches, trained for 2 years at freestyle karate and have been grappling with a local Gracie Barra school for a few years.

MMA fighters dont know how to handle punches with or with out gloves, they look for the take down straight away, especialy in a street fight. When ive done mixed sparring with the brazilian jiu jitsu and with the freestyle karate guys, oh and with the traditional jiu jitsu guys my uncle trains at a local leisure centre they just get overwhelmed when you pressure with punches. Just like anyone going sparring the first time all they do is put there arms across their face and bend down, generaly k1 or ultimate fighters dont do this because they do some sparring with boxers but not hard sparring wher they learn to be effective with punches or not overwhelmed and panic.

Alot of mma fighters look embarrasing when theyve run out of stamina and stand up fight more to take a breather than because that is where they are more effective, they throw girly punches that wouldnt hurt or land without gloves on and just stand like windmills with their chins there for the taking, thats embarrasing, especialy when people like yourself stand up for them and say how great they are when mo is a prime example being beaten quiet easily and on the verge of being stopped by a bum, someone chosen because he was viewed as a soft touch
    No shz you cant paint MMA fighters with a broad brush, as the sport catches on and popularuty rises and the sport gets diluted they all cant be winners just like in boxing,I train extensively in NHB MMA fighting so I know a little about the subject!!!!!Not all MMA guys look for the takedown some are natural strikers and are content doing it with never going to the ground.........Some always look for the Takedown cause they dont feel comfortable Striking...No different from boxing a Slick Boxer is not gonna spend all fight standing toe to toe with a puncher and brawler...Just like a Grappler is not gonna stand in there with a striker and go toe to toe..same as a striker does not want to go to the ground for fear of getting subbed!!!! You never ever play into your opponents strengths thats fundemental fight strategy...yes some grapplers look uncomfortable when having the strike and defend against striking...The same can be said when a striker gets taken down they look awkward like a turtle on his back...

People who dont know MMA have trouble realizing how difficult it is going for a takedown against a striker its like waiting to get in the middle of double dutch jumprope you cant walk in or your gonna get caught with the rope and look like a fool doing it...Same as you cant walk in against a striker without getting caught its all about the timing!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Please explain the logic in that one Did he put on a new chin for the boxing matchYou ever been hit with someone wearing either kind of gloves I have and let me tell you I will take the Boxing glove all day compared to a lightly padded MMa glove!!!!!Man that was the dumbest post I have read...Stick to Boxing you know nothing about MMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gonna have to disagree with you on this one...if boxers used the MMA gloves there would be deaths on a routine basis...Boxers hit and strike far better than MMA fighter because thats what boxers do...there would never be a KO in MMA if they had boxing gloves on because MMA is arm punches at best...there is rarely a well thrown power punch....most come from the outside (Chuck Liddell, Tank Abbot and Lawler are perfect examples) You're just not experts at throwing punches...sorry...you might know a couple of different fighting styles and be good at them but you master none of them....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    gonna have to disagree with you on this one...if boxers used the MMA gloves there would be deaths on a routine basis...Boxers hit and strike far better than MMA fighter because thats what boxers do...there would never be a KO in MMA if they had boxing gloves on because MMA is arm punches at best...there is rarely a well thrown power punch....most come from the outside (Chuck Liddell, Tank Abbot and Lawler are perfect examples) You're just not experts at throwing punches...sorry...you might know a couple of different fighting styles and be good at them but you master none of them....
    Right back at you on the disagreement thing alot of your premier MMA strikers(in the US at least) are former amateur Boxers and golden glove champs....Didnt boxing start off Bare Knuckles with longer rounds How many Deaths!!! Sorry man getting hit with a Boxing glove will give you more accumalitive trauma to the head.. as far as getting hit with MMA glove it will get the job done quicker simple physics!!!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only from a decent puncher

Thread Information