Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Harlem Eubank v Timo Schwarzkopf Channel 5 Free boxing

Harlem Eubank will take on Timo Schwarzkopf on Friday 10th November 2023 at Brighton Centre in Brighton.

The fight will be contested over 10 rounds in the Super Lightweight division.

Harlem Eubank steps into the ring with an undefeated record of 18 wins, zero loses and 0 draws, 7 of those wins coming by the way of knock out.

Timo Schwarzkopf will make his way to the ring with a record of 22 wins, 5 loses and 0 draws, with 13 of those wins by knock out.

Eubank remains undefeated as a professional, stopping 2 of his last 5 opponents.

In his last fight, he beat Ishmael Ellis on 21st July 2023 by technical knockout in the 6th round at Meadowbank Sports Centre, Edinburgh, United Kingdom.

Previous to that, he had beat Miguel Cesario Antin on 31st March 2023 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Going into that contest, he had won against Tom Farrell on 25th November 2022 by unanimous decision in their 10 round contest at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Before that, he had beat Eliot Chavez on 30th July 2022 by unanimous decision in the 9th round at Vertu Motors Arena, Newcastle.

He had defeated Sean Dodd on 13th May 2022 by knockout in the 2nd round at Indigo at The O2, London.

https://box.live/fights/eubank-vs-schwarzkopf/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Harlem Eubank v Timo Schwarzkopf Channel 5 Free boxing

Harlem Eubank will try to channel the emotion of the latest tragedy to affect his family when he walks out at Brighton Centre on Friday night for his maiden fight at the venue.

Eubank, the nephew of former two-division world champion Chris Eubank Sr, will box in his city for the first time since his professional debut in 2017 when he faces German super-lightweight Timo Schwarzkopf for the WBO global belt.

Friday is arguably Brighton’s biggest night of boxing since the elder Eubank defended his WBO middleweight title against Dan Sherry at the same venue in 1991, but grief has gripped the family in recent years.

It started with Chris’s son Sebastian dying in 2021 after a heart attack and at the beginning of Harlem’s fight camp in September, his father Simon died after five years with dementia.

“Dad wasn’t able to express himself,” Harlem Eubank told the PA news agency.

“When you know someone, how active that someone is, how they want to be outside cycling or running, it feels like their spirit is almost trapped in a body that is kind of unusable.

“It was difficult to see him degrade and deteriorate over the years, especially in the last few years when it became more rapid.

“I feel he is at peace now and I believe the spirit lives on. I do have strong faith in God and that helps because I know he is free now. He had strong faith as well and he is not trapped any more.

“He is in a different realm and my focus is now doing my best to do him proud because I am sure he is looking down on me.

“I am carrying a lot on my shoulders and that inspires me to work hard every day. To go in there and give the best account of myself. It gives me inner strength and inner drive.

“It is something that is hard to explain until it happens, but it has given me an inner power that drives me on knowing that they are watching and then having my cousin’s son Raheem, my godson, it gives me a different drive and energy going forward.

“I am just trying to carry that. Do my family proud and to lead by example.”

Harlem Eubank is not alone in dealing with the loss of his father, with Chris Sr going through the same process – which has resulted in the pair joining forces ahead of the Wasserman boxer’s fight with Schwarzkopf on Channel Five.

However, had Harlem’s teenage years panned out differently, he could have kicked a ball under the Brighton lights instead.

Part of Albion’s academy between the ages of 12 and 16, the undefeated fighter occasionally trained with Lewis Dunk until he was released, which led to a spell at Lewes alongside Solly March before he lost his love for football.

He has been to the top of the mountain and it is refreshing that he speaks so highly of me. It is beautiful to have him by my side now going into this next chapter of my career.

This opened the door to follow in the footsteps of his father, his uncle and his cousin Chris Eubank Jr, but Roberto De Zerbi’s high-flying Europa League outfit serve as a source of inspiration.

He reflected: “I have seen Brighton go from the Withdean to the Amex (Stadium) and through the leagues into a position now where they are a force in the (Premier League).

“It is inspiring and I want to replicate that success in the world of boxing and achieve world honours. I believe I am capable of doing that and this is the next step on Friday.

“It is a special one, the homecoming. I haven’t fought in my city for a long time.

“People are excited about it and I feel these type of boxing nights are needed in Brighton to put boxing back on the map in the city.

“Albion, the football club, are leading the way but I feel like we have a space to shine a light on boxing in Brighton now too.”

To help Harlem Eubank negotiate the next chapter of his 18-fight career will be uncle Chris, who has been gushing in his praise for the 30-year-old and tipped him to beat Conor Benn – who was set to fight Chris Eubank Jr in 2022.

“He has been to the top of the mountain and it is refreshing that he speaks so highly of me,” Harlem Eubank added.

“It is beautiful to have him by my side now going into this next chapter of my career.

“It feels like this is a big, pivotal moment in my career. A moment that pushes me into a position to big fights domestically and globally.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxi...1fd80263&ei=85

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bunce and Groves giving commentary.

Also another Fury fighting on the card. How many of them are there?
    Last edited by Master; 11-10-2023 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big ring for Eubank to move around in but Schwarzkopf looks dangerous with the right hand in the opening round.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank doing a good impression of Sugar Ray Leonard boxing and moving. Wasting a lot of energy but controlling the second round.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank scores a knock down in the third round with a lovely uppercut and right hand follow up.

Not seen Eubank fighting so aggressively.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank allowed Schwarzkopf to come back into the fight in the 4th by slowing the pace of the fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank has a point deducted in the 5th round for continual low blows but winning the fight so far.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank back in control and punishing Schwarzkopf in the 6th round.

5-1 Eubank

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank finding success again with the upper cut through the middle when they are up and close in the 7th round.

Warned again by the ref for low blows so can't afford to keep doing that.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank winning all the rounds but think it will go the distance.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just as I say that Eubank stops Schwarzkopf with a big right hand in the 11th round.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Are we just going to ignore the fact that Chris is wearing his Sheriff badge? He's a long way from Opelousas
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Uncle Chris Eubank senior trying to get in the photos and in the limelight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both Eubank keep mentioning facing Conor Benn next.

Thread Information