Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Eubank Jnr v Golovkin

Who wins this one?
    Have to say I think Eubank Jnr can stay in there a long time with 3G and maybe be his toughest test to date
    This would be an all out War.
    Chris Eubank Jr explains 'towel' tweet after Kell Brook corner ended Gennady Golovkin bout | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Eubank is brave, Golovkin inside 4. If Daddy comes up with a cunning plan, maybe longer. LEVELS!

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Eubank Jnr v Golovkin

An entire new level of douchebaggery from the Eubanks there. They sound like the Kardashians with their pithy soundbites and their obsession with image and social media. In light of what happened recently to Nick Blackwell the idea that

""The corner is there to help you clean your cuts up and put your Vaseline on, not to throw in the towel. If the going gets tough, you stay in there and take your beating like a man. That's what we sign up for, and that's all I meant when I said my corner don't throw in towels."

is pretty distasteful and another example of the unprofessional manner in which Jr's career is being managed. They treat their cornermen with disdain as well as the sport itself. If they want to go back to fighting till one drops and can't get back up to return punches then they better take the gloves off and head to a field or barn.

At least Brooks team waited until Kell was in an actual fight with Golovkin in the ring before they threw the towel in. It's not only towels the Eubanks don't own, they don't seem to own pens either. Pathetic.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dominic Ingle hit's back at Eubank
    It is a bad taste thing to say after father and son have comatosed 2 different fighters

Chris Eubank Jr comments on Kell Brook slammed by Dominic Ingle | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is just a direct reaction to Billy Joe Saunders calling 3G out, the Eubanks simply using the "any press is good press" way of thinking to stay in the race.

In true Pikey fashion Billy Joe calls out 3G from his Caravan

Love it!!!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's a prize prick, and so is his old man, but I think at 160lbs Eubank Jnr represents the most serious threat to Golovkin.

I said yonks ago that the only way to beat GGG is to do what Vince Phillips did to Tszyu and stand and fight until something gives.

Although he didnt trust it in the BJS fight, Eubank has got a great engine, throws a fuck load of leather, and looks like he might have inherited his old mans chin. If he's got the stones to stand and fight with Golovkin, he might just give him all sorts of problems.

None of what happened in the Brook fight makes me buy into this theory any more or less.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's definitely a hard cunt but i'd like to see him step out of British class. When he's fighting people with the skills to smash him in the mouth we'll find out how dad-like his chin is.

Not convinced he's a big puncher either, he's a kitchen sink merchant.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    He's definitely a hard cunt but i'd like to see him step out of British class. When he's fighting people with the skills to smash him in the mouth we'll find out how dad-like his chin is.

I've been saying this for a while, when you see the uppercuts that he lands they should be absolutely levelling people,look at some of the shots that Spike took, granted it caused him to retire from the fight but it didn't KO him.

I'm not saying that they aren't good hard punches that hurt the opponent but I think he is more of an accumulation puncher rather than a one shot banger.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesnt need to be a big puncher when he can overwhelm you with volume. Nick Blackwell told his corner inbetween rounds that he doesnt hit hard but he couldnt do anything because there was just so much comng back at him. Thats what I think Golovkin will struggle with. Golovkin covers up and waits for his opponent to stop throwing.

Eubank isnt Calzaghe that threw lots of light punches. Hes theowing lots of hurtfull punches.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

I've been saying this for a while, when you see the uppercuts that he lands they should be absolutely levelling people,look at some of the shots that Spike took, granted it caused him to retire from the fight but it didn't KO him.

I'm not saying that they aren't good hard punches that hurt the opponent but I think he is more of an accumulation puncher rather than a one shot banger.
    Precisely ! And the higher the level he goes , the less chance he'll have of throwing those wild combinations and uppercuts with any success.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know. I like Eubank and think hed beat BJS in a close fight in a rematch but we're talking about completely different levels of ability. I give Saunders no chance against GGG and find it very hard to give Eubank much of a shot either. He wont want to go toe to toe with GGG and I believe GGGs footwork will allow him to make Eubank look stupid if he wants to. He could probably keep it competitive for awhile, even be leading but eventually GGG gets to him and gives him a beating in my mind.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank is just using the GGG coverage for his own publicity and has no intention of moving up yet.

It is a scum bag move really an living off the glory of GGG v Brook fight.

BJS beats Eubank again, so would Jacob at this moment in time.

There is no way Junior accepts the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do look forward and actually enjoy Eubanks jnr fights..they are exciting.

BJS is given no credit for some reason when he is a nice slick boxing champion.

BJS beats jnr 2
    BJS beats Jacobs
    BJS beats GGG to the canvas in a good fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With recent evidence I've had another think about this (whether or not Jr (old man Eubank) bottled it before is irrelevant i'm talking about what-if NOW).

We've seen an aging Golovkin have two good struggles (although clear wins in my book) - with admittedly top-drawer, elite talent - and Jr step up to supermiddle to dominate a world-class veteran (before you spout AA is shit, he's only ever been whitewashed by the very elite) and ruthlessly annihilate a fellow young tough unexposed fella.

Now opponent wise, Golovkin has fought the far superior comp, however, stylewise it's a match made in heaven. Golovkin won't have to hunt him down he'll be meeting a fighter that will oblige him - Fire with fire.

By my eye Jr is the naturally bigger man/athlete, has a noticeable drop in speed and most importantly is in his pomp (still plenty of improvement left in the tank), a terrific combo puncher and has proven durability and fearless confidence to match Golovkin's.

What a difference a year makes.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information