Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Cheers to you...

I'm really amped to see boxing in the forefront again. It's one of the top stories on Sportscenter, it's front page news on sites like Yahoo and CNN, it's crossed over to the nightly talk shows, it's caused friends that haven't watched a fight in five years to suddenly text or e-mail me five reasons why ODLH will win by first round KO, it's being shouted out all over the NBA playoffs, simply put? IT'S EVERYWHERE!!! So cheers to you, hardcore boxing fans. No matter the outcome. If it wasn't for us guys on this site and similiar sites talking trash about how your favorite prospect has a chin of granite, or doing a recap on a horrible ESPN Wednesday Night Fight card, or bitching about how Margarito has been ducked by every person in America including George Bush; super fights like this one could never happen. While boxing will head right back into the shadows on Monday morning and we'll go back to arguing about why Amir Khan is overrated and coming up with polls on who's better Larry Merchant or Max Kellerman, let's all take a moment to enjoy boxing's 15 minutes of fame. It's almost like we are all proud dads watching our only son graduate college or some shit. BTW, Mayweather UD 12.

Mayweather vs Hatton
    ODLH vs Shane Mosley III
    Taylor vs Wright II
    Calzaghe vs Kessler
    Marquez vs Pacquiao II

...coming soon in 2007

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Cheers to you...

Agreed, it's GREAT for boxing (only if Floyd comes to fight though which I do have my doubts about)

All this press and publicity....if only it was happening to a KEY division in the sport, no offense but 154 is a no man's land of boxing divisions.....but it could set the table for more great fights

Thread Information