Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Today in Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing
    Harassment isn't violence you fucking snowflake. Pushing back and pushing are two different things, even for the most delicate of snowflakes. Unlike the bunch of times Trump has explicitly called for violence. Even offered to pay peoples lawyers for them.

Come on Lyle, you've been dreaming g of a race war as long as I've been posting here.
    And you've got no idea about the Mueller investigation. Doesn't Q say Mueller is wrong ring with Tru p anyway?
    To Trump supporters probably not, to public officials? I mean there actually have been threats to them Peter Fonda wanting to place Baron Trump with pedophiles, Madonna wanting to blow up the White House, there has been a lot of that...and Maxine is giving the go ahead for that to continue. I'm not worried about it, their side doesn't typically have guns....although the nutjob who shot Steve Scalise did.

I've been dreaming of a race war? That is news to me.

I was wanting you to explain the Mueller investigation as best you understand it.

"Wrong ring with Tru p"......uuuuh did you just have a stroke?
    Look, there are people saying crazy stuff on both sides. How aout the stuff Ted Nugent had to say about Hillary and Obama and liberals in general? He can threaten to kill a bunch of people and Trump still invited him to the White House and on stage with him at rallies.

And I was on my phone. These phones aren't made for my fingers. I used to have a phone with a slide out keyboard years ago and I managed fine with that but I'm not allowed one anymore so I have to deal with these ridiculous virtual keyboards.
    I have to agree with my nemesis Kirk here I only use my phone for the forum and it is easy to make mistakes

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Harassment isn't violence you fucking snowflake. Pushing back and pushing are two different things, even for the most delicate of snowflakes. Unlike the bunch of times Trump has explicitly called for violence. Even offered to pay peoples lawyers for them.

Come on Lyle, you've been dreaming g of a race war as long as I've been posting here.
    And you've got no idea about the Mueller investigation. Doesn't Q say Mueller is wrong ring with Tru p anyway?
    To Trump supporters probably not, to public officials? I mean there actually have been threats to them Peter Fonda wanting to place Baron Trump with pedophiles, Madonna wanting to blow up the White House, there has been a lot of that...and Maxine is giving the go ahead for that to continue. I'm not worried about it, their side doesn't typically have guns....although the nutjob who shot Steve Scalise did.

I was wanting you to explain the Mueller investigation as best you understand it.

Look, there are people saying crazy stuff on both sides. How aout the stuff Ted Nugent had to say about Hillary and Obama and liberals in general? He can threaten to kill a bunch of people and Trump still invited him to the White House and on stage with him at rallies.

And I was on my phone. These phones aren't made for my fingers. I used to have a phone with a slide out keyboard years ago and I managed fine with that but I'm not allowed one anymore so I have to deal with these ridiculous virtual keyboards.
    I have to agree with my nemesis Kirk here I only use my phone for the forum and it is easy to make mistakes
    Never mind, those corporate tax cuts are doing great things for the economy.

Demand for Business Equipment Cools

Overall demand for long-lasting manufactured products fell for a second straight month

Business investment in equipment is showing no signs of accelerating six months after lawmakers in Washington overhauled the tax system with the intent to spark such spending.
    A proxy for such investment, new orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft, decreased a seasonally adjusted 0.2% in May after a strong April increase, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. The capital-spending gauge has failed to increase for two straight months since August and September last year.

The new tax rules passed by Congress late last year were designed to incentivize businesses to increase capital investment. But so far demand for capital goods has decelerated somewhat from last year.
    Growth in business equipment investment is “remaining much weaker than the growth rates seen in the second half of last year,” said
    Andrew Hunter, economist at Capital Economics.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-dur...3219?mod=e2twe

In this earnings period firms in the S&P 500 have spent 55% of their earnings on stock buybacks, 39% on dividends to shareholders and 6% on everything else including investment.

El Kabong Guest

Rod Rosenstein got read the riot act today....God damn...just pants pulled down and whipped by Congress
    In what way? A bunch of idiots grandstanding against him was all that happened. Nobody managed to point out anything he'd done that contravenes any law or guidelines. It was just a dog and pony show to fool the rubes and it worked, didn't it.
    Rod Rosenstein didn't even read the FISA warrant he signed....He looks extremely bad.

Mueller is investigating Russian (or any other foreign) interference in the 2016 election. Well the Russian Collusion narrative is null and void unless you're absolutely retarded. Donald Trump was told by Mueller AND Rosenstein that he's not a target of the investigation. Carter Page was a PLANT, Paul Manafort was a PLANT, and all George Papadopolous did was get drunk and tell Australian Alexander Downer that the Russians said they had dirt on Hillary and that the campaign was interested in that dirt.

But you keep dreaming of impeachment
    Who planted these PLANTS?
    Wouldn't it be interesting to find out

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rod Rosenstein got read the riot act today....God damn...just pants pulled down and whipped by Congress
    In what way? A bunch of idiots grandstanding against him was all that happened. Nobody managed to point out anything he'd done that contravenes any law or guidelines. It was just a dog and pony show to fool the rubes and it worked, didn't it.
    Rod Rosenstein didn't even read the FISA warrant he signed....He looks extremely bad.

Mueller is investigating Russian (or any other foreign) interference in the 2016 election. Well the Russian Collusion narrative is null and void unless you're absolutely retarded. Donald Trump was told by Mueller AND Rosenstein that he's not a target of the investigation. Carter Page was a PLANT, Paul Manafort was a PLANT, and all George Papadopolous did was get drunk and tell Australian Alexander Downer that the Russians said they had dirt on Hillary and that the campaign was interested in that dirt.

But you keep dreaming of impeachment
    Who planted these PLANTS?
    Wouldn't it be interesting to find out
    Assuming he didn't read it, and you offer no proof, why does he have to read it anyway? He's briefed by his staff and his signature is just a legal requirement, it's not his job to read it although you can be sure he knew what was in it. And don't forget this was a warrant to wiretap somebody who had left the Trump campaign three months previously and a warrant that produced evidence of criminality that meant it was renewed at subsequent six month intervals. So he didn't have his pants pulled down. He's apparently being criticised for doing his job.

And you said definitively that these people were PLANTS. Interestingly one of them was the subject of the FISA warrant. Who PLANTED them and why? You must have read something that said they were plants but you obviously don't have the confidence to put your name to whatever crazy conspiracy shit you read.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why would the deep state get a wiretap for somebody they'd planted in the Trump campaign Lyle? Three months after he left the campaign?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Overall demand for long-lasting manufactured products fell for a second straight month

Business investment in equipment is showing no signs of accelerating six months after lawmakers in Washington overhauled the tax system with the intent to spark such spending.
    A proxy for such investment, new orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft, decreased a seasonally adjusted 0.2% in May after a strong April increase, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. The capital-spending gauge has failed to increase for two straight months since August and September last year.

The new tax rules passed by Congress late last year were designed to incentivize businesses to increase capital investment. But so far demand for capital goods has decelerated somewhat from last year.
    Growth in business equipment investment is “remaining much weaker than the growth rates seen in the second half of last year,” said

In this earnings period firms in the S&P 500 have spent 55% of their earnings on stock buybacks, 39% on dividends to shareholders and 6% on everything else including investment.

Alright I’ll tell you Kirk. During the Obama economy we saw the market smoking but it did not translate to dare I say “the people”. Corporations had good earnings but weren’t spreading the joy around. You were doing good if you were in the market and or your 401ks were active. I did think when trump announced the corporate tax cut and cash repatriation something should be done to prevent companies from hoarding, for lack of a better word, profits. Perhaps make tax incentive tied to growth rather than buybacks and dividends. Taxes aren’t my thing so I’m not sure how practical that is but it would make sense. We have some funky numbers right now but real estate and unemployment don’t point to any significant issues. If profits are based only on tax cuts and repatriation with no other changes that would catch up with itself and could lead to recession. The thing is you can listen to 12 different economists and get twelve different predictions for the near future. If we call for recession long and consistently enough we will eventually be right and can then say we are genius.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By the way Kirk what is up with the graphs, you like graphs. You are a google arguer. Be wary of the Wall Street journal, I read to but they hate trump and hope for an economic collapse to get rid of him. I think investors business daily is better, they are a bit more neutral. Bloomberg is freaking out about Trump. I listen to Bloomberg financial news everyday on XM and damn they interview some analysts whom you can hear the hatred over the radio and it’s all downfall shit then they have a non trump hater who will say they see nothing major for the next 3-5 years. By the way Kirk. My wife has a friend she went to school with. She became a CPO for a hedge fund in Stamford CT. Frickin girl was able to retire at 32. On top of her salary she was getting six figure bonuses. She was dating a guy who worked for the CIA prior to that he had been special forces. Anyway he left the CIA and was doing his own thing when he was approached by the SEC about working for them. I really liked the guy 6’5” built like a tree stump probably probably could rip my head off with one hand. Anyway, we were becoming good friends. They bought a home previously owned by some rock star and my wife and I would go see them often. He was a brilliant guy and not at all pompous like u Kirk. Anyway, my wife’s friend really broke his heart rejecting his marriage proposals so he took of to another country for a while. I was upset we had a good time whenever we met plus they had some spot on stock tips. She is supposed to come to my place and her and that dude are friendly again so I asked if she could get him to come. He is African American and extremely successful I don’t know how Big D would rationalize that. Shit they bought a million dollar house and had an art collection worth the same, my wife’s friend is quite hot and she is really into yoga, which makes for a bodacious body

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having said all that u may be overly gloomy on buybacks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bar...ket-1514475088

Everything you believe about stock buybacks is probably wrong. An expected surge in buyback volume in 2018 isn’t going to extend the bull market’s life longer than it would have lasted otherwise. And buybacks don’t necessarily represent the triumph of corporate short-termism over innovation and investment.

It would be important at any time to understand the significance and impact of buybacks. But it is especially timely now, given the expectation that the tax-reform legislation passed in December will lead to a spike in share repurchases. That’s because it will encourage companies to repatriate much of the cash currently held outside the U.S., and much of that likely will find its way into stock repurchases.

Consider, first, the cheery notion that buyback activity is a major bull-market prop. Although there is some superficial plausibility to that notion, the magnitude of such an effect, if it exists at all, is a lot smaller than many assume.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.a3c9b588263d

Kirk that Barron’s article is behind a pay wall. Here is a buyback article that seems to address it even handedly

El Kabong Guest

Rod Rosenstein basically admitted he didn't read it.

Why would the deep state get a wiretap for somebody they'd planted in the Trump campaign Lyle? Three months after he left the campaign?

You're not this dumb. You plant someone to get the initial FISA warrant that gives you the foot in the door to target anybody that plant is/was in contact with....I mean really...just think like a Bond villain one time that's pretty much who we're dealing with....A submarine shooting a missile from Whidby Bay...where was it headed? This is quite serious and the amount of indictments coming.....learn about John W. Huber, he's going to be important going forward

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy is enlightened

One man has taken his devotion to President Donald Trump to a whole new level – and the best thing is, he not even an American and lives 8,100 miles away in India. The Indian man Bussa Krishna has spent the past three years worshiping Trump as a God, carrying around a picture of the President and praying to him several times a day.

31-year-old Bussa, a farmer from a remote Konne village in Telangana’s Jangaon district in India, worships Trump every day as part of his prayer rituals. Placed along with other gods in his worship room, Bussa puts vermillion in his own blood for the President’s photograph and worships him flowers and fire offerings.

Bussa started to worship Trump after two Indian men were killed by a US Navy veteran in an act of hate crime in February last year. The veteran later pleaded guilty to the charges of murder and attempted murder, and was sentenced to life imprisonment without the possibility for parole for the murders.

El Kabong Guest

There are now, according to PACER.gov 40,483 sealed indictments nationwide....an average of 5,060 per month. And when you also look at resignations both public and private sector there's been a lot....a lot more than normal, why?

Buuuuut I'm betting that nothing is going to come of this, it's all just a bad dream and when you wake up Hillary will be president and all will be right with the world.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright I’ll tell you Kirk. During the Obama economy we saw the market smoking but it did not translate to dare I say “the people”. Corporations had good earnings but weren’t spreading the joy around. You were doing good if you were in the market and or your 401ks were active. I did think when trump announced the corporate tax cut and cash repatriation something should be done to prevent companies from hoarding, for lack of a better word, profits. Perhaps make tax incentive tied to growth rather than buybacks and dividends. Taxes aren’t my thing so I’m not sure how practical that is but it would make sense. We have some funky numbers right now but real estate and unemployment don’t point to any significant issues. If profits are based only on tax cuts and repatriation with no other changes that would catch up with itself and could lead to recession. The thing is you can listen to 12 different economists and get twelve different predictions for the near future. If we call for recession long and consistently enough we will eventually be right and can then say we are genius.
    And Kirk you keep shouting about the buy backs. If u noticed I agreed with u that I would like to have seen the corporate reducuction tied to other form of reinvestment but I don’t see them being as problematic as u seem to think. There are a few in congress making noise they want to cut back/make illegal buybacks, as they were illegal not too long ago but I can’t see special interest letting that happen anyway. I gave you the heads up on the yield in bonds which u neglected to mention surprisingly as that is historically a decent predictor but what else are you seeing that gives you thoughts of doom. The fundamentals really don’t look that bad. All this talk off trade war hasn’t sunk the market although we are in correction territory I still think the tariff shit will be worked out, trade war could fuck us but it won’t be good for anyone involved. You haven’t brought up China’s move against the petrol dollar, with Russia, Venezuela and I beleive even the EU involved in it. I don’t see that as an immediate threat but that is something to look at. IMHO you have much more you can be running with than to keep hammering the buyback thing which I don’t say is a nonissue just not the issue you seem to think it is. You could point out we are about to tie the record for longest bull run and ponder how much longer it can go but who the fuck isn’t asking themselves that. By the way, if Apple didn’t do share buybacks and reinvested as you suggest their physical presence would have to be six times larger than in currently is. Even Buffet who like you has always spoken poorly and avoided buybacks says it makes sense now. Ok I tried to hit u with normal discourse let’s see what charts I get in return. I will say this, I do have Netflix stock and this year alone it has doubled. Netflix just announced they are putting a billion dollars into the European market to attract viewers. Every penny they make (more than actually I believe) goes into expansion/growing user base. I couldn’t tell you if they have done buybacks but they are an amazing company. I bought it at 60 and it’s now around 400 with analysts saying it’ll hit 5 to 600 hundred by years end. I do subscribe to Netflix but don’t really like the content. They think Trump is literally Hitler and would probably love to hire you to do a weekly graph series. But seriously, what, other than buybacks make u think the shit will hit the fan. Leave tariffs out of the picture for now as let’s see who will balk first but I’ll give it an “it’s a possibility” rating now @Kirkland Laing
    Last edited by walrus; 07-03-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post actually has some sensible stuff in it.

Thread Information