Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My hat's off to Tyson Fury

All credit in the world to Tyson Fury. I thought he won the fight, even though Wilder made it closer with the two knockdowns. I don't know how Fury got up from that 12th round knockdown. He got hit with a huge right and then a left.

To me, there is a parallel between this fight and the AJ-Wlad fight.

Both were great heavyweight title fights. Hundreds of times better than any HW title fight during Wlad's chloroform reign. Before the AJ-Wlad fight, I hated Wlad for ruining the HW division..... fighting like a scared Bambi against opponents who were even more scared of him. Then he showed balls against AJ and, even though he lost, he fought like the heavyweight champion he should've fought like the entire decade. So Wlad won me over in that fight, even in a losing effort.

With Fury, I hated the way he beat Wlad. It was one of the worst HW title fights I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I became anti-Fury. I thought he was all about head games, and would never dare engage Wilder.... maybe not even show up. But I was corrected. Not only did he show up. He put on a masterful display. He won the fight, IMO, and it was a great fight. Kudos to him for getting up, especially after that 12th round knockdown, where most HW's would've been out cold. Kudos to Jack Reiss for not waving off the fight. Kudos to Wilder for continuing to try. He'll have to go back to the gym and work on straightening out that right hand. He's capable of throwing a straight right..... but needs to control it better.

Damn, I love boxing.

Kudos to both for showing so much respect and sportsmanship after the fight. I liked Fury calling AJ chicken. Joshua needs to get off his throne and realize he's got two worthy opponents out there. He won't be able to avoid Fury and Wilder forever. He's gonna have to make respectable offers, or continue fighting non-entities in the UK. Sorry...... but it's been Fury who has traveled to others' backyards and faced them.

Damn, I love boxing. Did I say that already?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My hat's off to Tyson Fury

Fury won the majority of the rounds and got up twice. That makes him a warrior and a very good boxer. I think a draw is fair, but Fury showed one heck of a chin and showed he can box at the top again. Wilder is the one who will likely be questioning himself more. Fury will be the happier of the two.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Getting up in the 12th and then coming back fighting is one of the craziest things I’ve seen in ages. Only thing that jumps to mind as comparable in a hw championship fight would be Larry Holmes against shavers. Neither sounded keen about a rematch right after its true, but that’s pretty understandable considering what they just got through. I think there are clear positives both guys can take about their chances in a second fight. For Fury, he’s obviously the much better boxer, he has the proper 12 rounds under his belt, and could be in better shape. Wilder reacted to almost every single feint Fury made, and allowed himself to get stuck in his tracks constantly, maybe he can learn something from it. The right hand he threw in the 12th was one of the only times he didn’t, and I think the first punch he did throw straight, and followed it up with a proper punch too. Fury took a lot of gambles showboating at times, if Wilder had anticipated that a bit and just thrown something he might have found a brick a lot earlier, or at least gotten some work done and stolen a couple of rounds. Hell maybe furys antics influenced the judges in giving Wilder a couple rounds he didn’t win as it was. That’s about the closest I can come to understanding how a draw was possible at least, though I can’t agree with it. The judge who had it 115-111 Wilder was clearly corrupt or incompetent. That means they gave him 5 rounds aside from the 2 he scores kds, just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

fury won , its as simple as that.
    Wilder has nothing but power.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You’re right. Some refs could have waved that straight off when his eyes were vacant and the way he hit the canvas.

Just shows you
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    You’re right. Some refs could have waved that straight off when his eyes were vacant and the way he hit the canvas.

Just shows you
    Some people who suggest that if it was in the UK it would have been an easy Fury win.....not so sure based on stoppage behavior.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brilliant fight!!! Which was a bonus.

However, it played out exactly as I thought. Fury schooled a man with nothing more than a lethal right hand. That's it. Wilder has been easily controlled by a simple jab, feint, movement before but what he didn't expect was Fury to punish him everytime he missed winging his righthand. However, Wilder's power yet again got him out of trouble.

Fury coming back in the 12th is one of the greatest in heavyweight history, respect to Jack Reiss, it was a great call to not stop the fight.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very long count for the knockdown but ignoring that Fury outboxed him and won the fight.

Wilder will not want the rematch and will try and cash out against AJ.

Any positives for Wilder?..he did knock him down twice but could not close the show.

Fury just has to stay on his feet in the rematch to win.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huge credit to Fury. He has clawed his way back from the brink.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Long live the Gypsy King!
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury won the fight! He made me rethink Joshua as my favorite heavyweight with a truly heroic and otherworldly display of heart!

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fighters were taking the piss out of AJ after the fight during the interview. Wonder what he is feeling.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Fenster I agree on not stopping the fight whence my position on BS early stoppages which you chaps often defend too much. This is why a count should be given and a fighter be allowed to show his heart.

Fury has that in abundance. He was nailed with two flush shots and recovered well.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am an American and I became a HUGE Fury fan throughout the build up and event. He has a ton of heart and is a character/genuine person. Tons of respect for him and while I am a fan of Deontay, I would be lying if I said I didn’t find myself cheering for Tyson and/or said I thought he lost that fight.

Hard to predict the rematch because of Wilder’s punch, but I feel that Fury can only improve after being off so long. I think AJ is a good guy and solid pro, but think both of these guys will prove to be better. Hopefully they set up a round robin tournament and then fight the “Baby” Millers of the world after.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Follow up question to the forum: Can Deontay be more effective next time if he actually uses his jab, or is Fury just too good and big to be outjabbed? I’ve seen Deontay look good behind a solid jab, and think he may have been too emotional and right hand crazy last night. That being said, Tyson is difficult to prepare for because he is so big, fast, and mobile (not to mention mentally tough as well).

Thread Information