Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much credit will you give Floyd if he beats Oscar?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How much credit will you give Floyd if he beats Oscar?

I'm interesed in this for alot of reasons but mainly because even though I'm not a fan of the guy,Hatton's win over Tszyu is hardly credited at all and just like Tszyu,Oscar is old,may be even more inactive(how many times has Oscar fought in the last 3 years?3?).

I have said since the fight was announced that I expect Floyd to win,most guys have had a weight/size advantage over Floyd and he has beaten them and I expect him to do the same to Oscar. There will be question marks over Oscar's conditioning for me.

So,of course I'll give Floyd credit for fighting a guy who is still dangerous but I'm not sure how much...is a win over an aging Oscar a career defining achievement? Does it do enough to cement PBF's legacy and will you be sold on the legacy if he is to retire after the fight? Let me know what you think peeps!

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: How much credit will you give Floyd if he beats Oscar?

CREDIT

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He'll get credit. Oscar isnt just bigger and stronger he has got great skill to go with it. Both Gatti and Baldomir had a size advantage and nothing else. He would get more credit (from me at least) if he stayed at welter and beat Cotto/Margarito/Hatton.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

CREDIT

So if he was to fight and beat Margarito does that mean he gets -25 credit?

ICB Guest

CREDIT

what i dont understand is he is fighting a great fighter who has fought the best and if he beats him you will give him no credit ?? he will get ton of credit from me as for magarito he hasnt got no real recognition yet and when he fights cotto and if beats him then yea mayweather should fight him then but lets wait and see if he gets past cotto which i dont think he will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it is going ot be a re run of ODLH-Hopkins Only this time odlh will be in hopkins shoeus

floyd may have an edge on the skill side but i think odlh will be much to big for him and will ko him in the mid rounds.
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Of the supremely talented fighters Oscar fought, Pernell and Shane, he didn't come close for one second to even seriously hurting either one of them, let alone KOing them. I seriously don't get how anyone can predict he'll stop Floyd. If it's the jump in weight people are thinking of, be reminded that Shane jumped not one, but two divisions to meet Oscar and won a UD. DLH will never beat a great technical fighter above 140.

ps--Oscar has a 2 inch height advantage and a one inch reach advantage, hardly any significance in either advantage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skyler
    Of the supremely talented fighters Oscar fought, Pernell and Shane, he didn't come close for one second to even seriously hurting either one of them, let alone KOing them. I seriously don't get how anyone can predict he'll stop Floyd. If it's the jump in weight people are thinking of, be reminded that Shane jumped not one, but two divisions to meet Oscar and won a UD. DLH will never beat a great technical fighter above 140.
    I totally agree,excellent points,Cool Click. I don't see Oscar koing Floyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    He'll get credit. Oscar isnt just bigger and stronger he has got great skill to go with it. Both Gatti and Baldomir had a size advantage and nothing else. He would get more credit (from me at least) if he stayed at welter and beat Cotto/Margarito/Hatton.
    Yeah,this is my stance too,he will get credit from me but he would get more from staying at ww and beating those guys and others too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    i think it is going ot be a re run of ODLH-Hopkins Only this time odlh will be in hopkins shoeus

floyd may have an edge on the skill side but i think odlh will be much to big for him and will ko him in the mid rounds.
    I don't see it that way though, and remember the other variables,like Floyd's speed and if he chooses to use it,the jab could be an important weapon(I don't think Oscar is that comfortable with a jab). Size alone will not win it for Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

CREDIT

what i dont understand is he is fighting a great fighter who has fought the best and if he beats him you will give him no credit ?? he will get ton of credit from me as for magarito he hasnt got no real recognition yet and when he fights cotto and if beats him then yea mayweather should fight him then but lets wait and see if he gets past cotto which i dont think he will
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    A lot of credit.

CREDIT

Margarito is not really the issue here,I was just asking what you would think of the win and of course,if Tony did beat Cotto,it would make a Floyd fight more viable..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think it would be his biggest win so far! i would still like to see him fight cotto and hatton before calling it a day though...

the only thing i would believe to be fair critesisam should he win would be oscars lack of activtiy in the last few years, it does take its tole no doubt - but still would be a hell of a win for him though.

Was quite shocked to oscar has very lil hight or reach over floyd thought, i thought it was gunna be alot like de la hoya v hopkins also untill i read that, now i think floyd has a pretty good chance, if not might get the UD when before i was going with the golden boy by stoppage hands down.

SigmaMu Guest

A lot of credit.

CREDIT

I would give credit to PBF if he would have stepped in the ring with Tony.

Let me put it to you this way, Sergio Mora wanted to fight Oscar De La Hoya @ 154 or 160
    Sergio said that Oscar was an ex champion and past his prime. I can see why Sergio would want that fight but to think that PBF wants this fight? Please. We all know Oscar is going to lose. He will not be able to catch the pretty little weasle. I hope they both run from each other all night long and turn this fight into another Tarver/Roy Jones dancing contest.
    Like someone said above, ODLH is not good at all in a higher weight class. Just watch Oscar vs Felix Sturm and you will see how terrible Oscar is and the judges were even worse.

Zero credit to Floyd like I said earlier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of credit.

CREDIT

Let me put it to you this way, Sergio Mora wanted to fight Oscar De La Hoya @ 154 or 160
    Sergio said that Oscar was an ex champion and past his prime. I can see why Sergio would want that fight but to think that PBF wants this fight? Please. We all know Oscar is going to lose. He will not be able to catch the pretty little weasle. I hope they both run from each other all night long and turn this fight into another Tarver/Roy Jones dancing contest.
    Like someone said above, ODLH is not good at all in a higher weight class. Just watch Oscar vs Felix Sturm and you will see how terrible Oscar is and the judges were even worse.

why all the fuss about tony, hes done fuck all tbh lol - not as if he looked like some superstar in his last fight either, and ims ure his WBO belt is top of floyds new yrs wish list as well

P.S congrads on working out to use to photoshop...

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    A lot of credit.

CREDIT

why all the fuss about tony, hes done fuck all tbh lol - not as if he looked like some superstar in his last fight either, and ims ure his WBO belt is top of floyds new yrs wish list as well

P.S congrads on working out to use to photoshop...
    I don't use PhotoShop.

Anyway.. Miguel Cotto is going to own all the belts in that division
    Just wait and see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At first i wondered why .. what happened with danny vs the pbf fans happened..
    Now i know..I believed you to be impartial..
    But what you have been typing of the last twon post i have read of you...
    Are just not true and have no base to your arguement?
    You say put it this way and talk about mora?
    But put it this way...
    If floyd gets zero credit then miguel cotto gets - 100 credit!!
    I mean? floyd has at times fought the good fighters..Not great just good...
    The Contenders such as Corley..Floyd beat him more convincingly.. Didnt get rocked quite the same either!!
    But somehow you have managed to judge floyd on his out of ring attitude maybe ( we all know it sucks) and maybe mixed that in with dislike and love for your favourite fighter... And came out the other side with a poinless.. baseless arguement/statement on how miguel beats floyd hands down?
    Its just doesnt happen im afraid my brother...
    Take this how you like..This is not beef less you make it beef.. But i certainly disagree...
    See what you make of it?
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    But put it this way...
    The Contenders such as Corley..Floyd beat him more convincingly.. Didnt get rocked quite the same either!!
    But somehow you have managed to judge floyd on his out of ring attitude maybe ( we all know it sucks) and maybe mixed that in with dislike and love for your favourite fighter... And came out the other side with a poinless.. baseless arguement/statement on how miguel beats floyd hands down?
    Take this how you like..This is not beef less you make it beef.. But i certainly disagree...
    See what you make of it?
    Peace
    Cotto stopped Corley in 5 and Corley went the distance with PBF. No one had ever stopped Corley but Corley was taking knees and bowing before Cotto on Feb 25th 2005. Cotto did get rocked by Corley but Cotto came back and stopped Corley.

Yes I brought up Mora because even Mora thinks he can outbox old Oscar in a higher weight class and Sergio is not a thrid of a quick boxer Floyd is. Floyd is just taking another easy fight that he knows he will have no problem winning. I want PBF to fight some one young and in their prime. I want him to fight someone dangerous. Other than Castillo, I can not mention anyone else or great fighter PBF has beat. You said it correctly when you said Floyd fights good fighters but not great fighters. You can not be ther greatest if you are not fighting the great ones. Capiche?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tito_BHB
    But put it this way...
    See what you make of it?
    Peace
    Cotto stopped Corley in 5 and Corley went the distance with PBF. No one had ever stopped Corley but Corley was taking knees and bowing before Cotto on Feb 25th 2005. Cotto did get rocked by Corley but Cotto came back and stopped Corley.

Yes I brought up Mora because even Mora thinks he can outbox old Oscar in a higher weight class and Sergio is not a thrid of a quick boxer Floyd is. Floyd is just taking another easy fight that he knows he will have no problem winning. I want PBF to fight some one young and in their prime. I want him to fight someone dangerous. Other than Castillo, I can not mention anyone else or great fighter PBF has beat. You said it correctly when you said Floyd fights good fighters but not great fighters. You can not be ther greatest if you are not fighting the great ones. Capiche?
    Diego Corrales was a great fighter until Floyd beat him, then all you Floyd haters said he was garbage. Just like you would surely change your tune on Cotto, Margarito and Hatton after Floyd would dispatch of them. All of the sudden, they would be garbage. Give it up dude. Floyd's better than all three of them combined and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.

ps--If you think Margarito, Hatton or Cotto are 'great' fighters I suggest you take up following another sport, as you clearly haven't got a clue about this one.

Thread Information