Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshuas racist comments

AJ in a nutshell..

This is the man who said that black people should just shop at black stores! The man who says that the black community are penalised by the ' White person' even though he was given a 2nd chance by the predominately 'White' GB Olympic Committee so let's have a delve into his past shall we?

Was put on remand in 2009 at Reading Prison for fighting and other crazy stuff according to himself and had to wear an electronic tag when released.
    March 2011- Pulled over for speeding by the police and found to have had eight ounces of herbal cannabis hidden in his sports bag.He was charged with possession and the intent to supply a class B drug that carries a maximum 14 year jail sentence.Due to his involvement with the GB Olympic Squad he was suspended by them but instead of serving a custodial sentence he was given a 12 month community order and told to do 100 hours unpaid work (by a white judge) after pleading guilty to the charge.

He was then taken under the wing of Rob McCracken (white) trainer who gave him a 2nd chance and he went on to win an Olympic gold medal! After turning professional he was signed up by Eddie Hearn (white) to promote him even though he had this chequered past and has promoted him to make hundreds of millions of pounds and have a privelidged lifestyle..

So Mr Joshua how has the white person kept you down again? How has the white person not given you a 2nd chance?
    Or are you like Piers Morgan and developed a bad case of amnesia..

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has he said that though? Has he personally complained about being kept down? Ironically the boxing punters who are up in arms about this are now firmly in Tyson Fury's corner. Fury of course who has publicly claimed to have been held back because of his race. Has been racist, homophobic, sexist. You couldn't make up the hypocrisy.

The chances Joshua has received are par for the course aren't they? Black, white, Purple. If you're gifted at something, you get treated differently, favours get done, strings get pulled. It's most notable in sports, because with the greatest of respect, sports people tend to be thicker than people that are gifted in biology or engineering, and would have been more likely to have done something worth glossing over or sweeping under the carpet. It happens. He, or anyone else offered those kind of breaks is the exception and not the rule no?

Taking AJ's timeline and the opportunities afforded to him and offering it up as some sort of snapshot of how things are done. Is not how things are done.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The point the guy who wrote that is making is that Joshua is a racist hypocrite.

Adidas , Unilever (Lynx), Lucozade etc etc are all white owned companies and he's happy to take their sponsorship money left right and centre.

He can't spout his bullshit then expect to have it both ways.

Let's see if he now ditches them all in favour of black owned companies šŸ˜‰

Ain't gonna happen at all & he's lost a shitload of fans over his recent comments.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did it come from? It's like someone copied and pasted a few generic Facebook posts together to form an 'article'. I bet this person is also part of the 'hope Fury smashes him' mob. Guaranteed.

I don't think he'll lose any fans at all. Like I said previously those same fans he's currently lost, are all championing Fury to smash the racist. They forget pretty quickly, they will with AJ's comments or non comments too.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what is wrong with encouraging blacks to frequent black businesses?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NoSavingByTheBell View Post

When your supposed to be the "face" of several white owned businesses in terms of marketing but are now telling all black people to boycott all white owned businesses šŸ¤”

A 10 year old could work that one out

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Where did it come from? It's like someone copied and pasted a few generic Facebook posts together to form an 'article'. I bet this person is also part of the 'hope Fury smashes him' mob. Guaranteed.

I don't think he'll lose any fans at all. Like I said previously those same fans he's currently lost, are all championing Fury to smash the racist. They forget pretty quickly, they will with AJ's comments or non comments too.

He's definitely lost a load of fans, no doubt about it.
    The difference is AJ made blatant racist comments at a way more volatile time than Fury did with his homophobic rants etc.
    Bang in the middle of global BLM marches when tension was sky high and it was all over the world's news.

Massive difference.

I know plenty people both black and white who think Joshua was foolish for saying what he did and are now routing for him to fail against anyone he fights.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post

When your supposed to be the "face" of several white owned businesses in terms of marketing but are now telling all black people to boycott all white owned businesses šŸ¤”

A 10 year old could work that one out
    Maybe he decided that "face" wasn't as important as the issues he was speaking about.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say whether anyone agrees with him Or not wouldnt affect whether they would support him, if anything that'd increase. In the abstract, he didn't really say anything anyways.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Itā€™s not about encouraging Blacks to frequent black businesses. Obviously no problem with that.
    But the intimation is ā€œDonā€™t use White businessesā€ and if a White guy had said it the other way round, that is EXACTLY how it would be seen and there would quite rightly be uproar.
    Has it stopped me being an AJ fan? No.
    Am I a little disappointed in him ? Yes.
    I just think it was unnecessary And I think he was a bit poorly Guided/advised
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and Peopleā€™s Champion.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish sport was not involved with politics it's a dirty business but there again as they say were there is muck there's money !
    I would have loved to have seen Eddie he must have had a face like a smacked ass.
    There again a smug Lewis Hamilton telling everyone how it is with his 350 million in the bank.!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That part about supporting black businesses is really being taken out of context in that it was literally only half of the sentence. As opposed to looting shooting and criminal action against 'white' business, support black owned ffs. Honestly he was literally saying much of what you hear some people complain about when discussing BLM at least in the States. "They never condone crime or black on black crimes.." etc. Sure looked like he did that in the statement he read. Truth be told it's fooking mental this shat is still being stoked.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not a big Joshua fan, but I do think this is a bit of a storm in a teacup. Asking people to support black business seems fair enough and it's certainly not binary (supporting black businesses does not automatically mean 'don't support white businesses'. Bit like Black Lives matter doesn't mean that white ones don't)

I am a big Muhammad Ali fan, and he said much more racist things than that. I'm not clamouring for any statues of him to be torn down .... and I'm not clamouring for Anthony Joshua to be blackballed, if you pardon the pun.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The difference is AJ made blatant racist comments at a way more volatile time than Fury did with his homophobic rants etc.
    Bang in the middle of global BLM marches when tension was sky high and it was all over the world's news.

Massive difference.

I know plenty people both black and white who think Joshua was foolish for saying what he did and are now routing for him to fail against anyone he fights.
    Racism is mainly economic. That's how the white supremacist put black people in a chokehold.

It's easy for white people to think AJ is racist when you have starbucks, Mcdonalds, Apple, Mercedes, BBC. Fox, Amazon, google

Let's say they were black owned and run and built companies. I'd have no problem with a white man preaching white economic empowerment.

Black progress is measured in dollars. If black people as a group have got more dollars then we're moving in the right direction. No hand picked black ppl like Oprah. Either we all coming up or we are all going down. The black economic structure needs to be controlled by black ppl. If we are not holders of capital. If we are not able to finance things at an unlimited global and universal level then the system is failing.

White supremacists may hate us because we are black but they're able to victimise us because we are poor and as long as we remain poor we remain easy victims.

The wealth of the USA and the western world was built on exploiting black labour and later systematic racism to trap black people into being a never ending labor, consumer and prison class of people. The Homestead Act gave whites free land which they passed down generationally all the while bombing any attempt at black economic empowerment (Black wall street and Tulsa)

After WW2 Japan was bombed. The USA rebuilt Japan to 20th century specifications and now uses it as one of their puppet states. Japan was given a Marshall plan with clear goals to rebuild it to become an industrial player. The same needs to be done for black business development because white and non black people control the economy of every single black neigbourhood in America.

But there is not single white neighbourhood in the world were black ppl control white ppl's economy.

Black economic empowerment is the foundation.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post

Massive difference.

Racism is mainly economic. That's how the white supremacist put black people in a chokehold.

It's easy for white people to think AJ is racist when you have starbucks, Mcdonalds, Apple, Mercedes, BBC. Fox, Amazon, google

Let's say they were black owned and run and built companies. I'd have no problem with a white man preaching white economic empowerment.

Black progress is measured in dollars. If black people as a group have got more dollars then we're moving in the right direction. No hand picked black ppl like Oprah. Either we all coming up or we are all going down. The black economic structure needs to be controlled by black ppl. If we are not holders of capital. If we are not able to finance things at an unlimited global and universal level then the system is failing.

White supremacists may hate us because we are black but they're able to victimise us because we are poor and as long as we remain poor we remain easy victims.

The wealth of the USA and the western world was built on exploiting black labour and later systematic racism to trap black people into being a never ending labor, consumer and prison class of people. The Homestead Act gave whites free land which they passed down generationally all the while bombing any attempt at black economic empowerment (Black wall street and Tulsa)

After WW2 Japan was bombed. The USA rebuilt Japan to 20th century specifications and now uses it as one of their puppet states. Japan was given a Marshall plan with clear goals to rebuild it to become an industrial player. The same needs to be done for black business development because white and non black people control the economy of every single black neigbourhood in America.

But there is not single white neighbourhood in the world were black ppl control white ppl's economy.

Black economic empowerment is the foundation.
    True.
    I wonder why that is ?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information