Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are Americans not allowed to own mortars, tanks, grenades or Rockets?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why are Americans not allowed to own mortars, tanks, grenades or Rockets?

I mean a hand grenade May kill 20 or 30 people but this guy killed 60 plus people and more will most likely die from injuries over the next few days or weeks and he injured / 525 people

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why are Americans not allowed to own mortars, tanks, grenades or Rockets?

This is an interesting question.
    I wonder if @El Kabong's god has granted him his god given right to use mortars, tanks, grenades and rockets or if his permission stops at an automatic weapon stockpile.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why are Americans not allowed to own mortars, tanks, grenades or Rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I wonder if @El Kabong's god has granted him his god given right to use mortars, tanks, grenades and rockets or if his permission stops at an automatic weapon stockpile.
    Makes you wonder where the alt right ends and Muslim fundamentalism begins. Both have this strange belief that they should be armed and want to force the world to accept their ideology through violence if necessary.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't forget Nukes don't kill people "People kill people". So stop bullying Kim Jong Un for using his God given right to protect himself
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

El Kabong Guest

I see you're still "not mocking" me

Let's say you are walking down the street and some random stranger physically attacks you, what would be your immediate response to that? I am looking forward to your response.

Alright as for your questions.

Hand grenades are regulated under the National Firearms Act (“NFA”), a federal law first passed in 1934 and amended by the Crime Control Act of 1968. The 1968 amendments made it illegal to possess “destructive devices,” which includes grenades.

Cannon shells are classed as destructive devices in the U.S. under the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA). They must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and, though legal under federal law, are prohibited from being owned by civilians in certain states.

And yes, you may buy decommissioned tanks although the guns and firing control systems must be disabled.

I'm not certain as to why somebody would want such things to protect their property as they create a lot of collateral damage....explode a hand grenade in your house and you'll have to remodel the entire room, blast a shotgun off and all you need is spackle and some paint.

You have absolutely 0 idea at what it takes to own an automatic weapon. Now there are some add ons for certain firearms which mimic automatic weapons one of which was made use of by the Las Vegas shooter the "bump stock"...it would not bother me if those were only available for class 3 license holders. By the by, legally obtained automatic weapons have been used in 3....yes 1,2,3 crimes since 1934.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Makes you wonder where the alt right ends and Muslim fundamentalism begins. Both have this strange belief that they should be armed and want to force the world to accept their ideology through violence if necessary.
    I'm forcing NOTHING on anyone, I merely wish to protect myself and my property which I do quietly and yet here you are screaming like an autistic banshee "TAKE THE GUNS! TAKE THE GUNS! YOU SHOULDN'T OWN THAT!"...you protect YOUR family and I'll look after mine, seems rather simple.

I don't demand a tax on those who don't own guns in the same manner that Militant Islamists demand infidels pay the Jizya

I don't demand anyone dress a certain way the way Militant Islamists do

I don't (regardless of what you might think of me) kill innocent people.....and miles you can take your "B-b-b-but Noam Chomsky said...." rebuttal to this statement of FACT and cram it.

And I'm not Alt-Right....I'm a registered Libertarian and I just would like to be left alone by the government unless there's a foreign force invading or there's a natural disaster and even then I'm 100% responsible for ME and my family and my property. But you go ahead, rely on government, put all of your faith in it for all I care.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I see you're still "not mocking" me

Let's say you are walking down the street and some random stranger physically attacks you, what would be your immediate response to that? I am looking forward to your response.

Alright as for your questions.

Hand grenades are regulated under the National Firearms Act (“NFA”), a federal law first passed in 1934 and amended by the Crime Control Act of 1968. The 1968 amendments made it illegal to possess “destructive devices,” which includes grenades.

Cannon shells are classed as destructive devices in the U.S. under the 1934 National Firearms Act (NFA). They must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and, though legal under federal law, are prohibited from being owned by civilians in certain states.

And yes, you may buy decommissioned tanks although the guns and firing control systems must be disabled.

I'm not certain as to why somebody would want such things to protect their property as they create a lot of collateral damage....explode a hand grenade in your house and you'll have to remodel the entire room, blast a shotgun off and all you need is spackle and some paint.

You have absolutely 0 idea at what it takes to own an automatic weapon. Now there are some add ons for certain firearms which mimic automatic weapons one of which was made use of by the Las Vegas shooter the "bump stock"...it would not bother me if those were only available for class 3 license holders. By the by, legally obtained automatic weapons have been used in 3....yes 1,2,3 crimes since 1934.
    I'm not mocking you. You're enough of a joke on your own.

If I'm walking down the street and a stranger attacks me I'd fight him off as best I could. I may have to run away. A good citizen may come to my aid. He may beat me to a pulp. That's what would happen.

Let me ask you a question.
    What if you're attacked by a stranger on the street, and you light him up with all your God given weaponry, and you kill that SOB dead because he was trying to take your American flag off your jacked up pickup truck, with your young cousin's panties dangling from the rear view mirror like the prize catch that she was.
    When you die years later and get to the pearly gates and they tell you that you aren't welcome into the kingdom because you murdered a man.
    What would be your immediate response to that?
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 10-05-2017 at 06:19 AM.

El Kabong Guest

I'm not mocking you. You're enough of a joke on your own.

If I'm walking down the street and a stranger attacks me I'd fight him off as best I could. I may have to run away. A good citizen may come to my aid. He may beat me to a pulp. That's what would happen.

Let me ask you a question. What if you're attacked by a stranger on the street, and you light him up with all your God given weaponry, and you kill that SOB dead because he was trying to take your American flag off your jacked up pickup truck with your young cousin's panties dangling from the rear view mirror like the prize catch that she was. When you die years later and get to the pearly gates and they tell you that you aren't welcome into the kingdom because you murdered a man. What would be your immediate response to that?
    Yeah OK

"I'd fight him off as best I could".....Why? What gives you the right?

"I may have to run away"....I do not doubt that you would, but let us say that your significant other is right there by your side....will you leave her to be beaten, robbed, possibly raped?

"A good citizen may come to my aid"....What would they do to help? Would they just say "Hey, stop that" and then everything is finished?

"He may beat me to a pulp"....Indeed he may, and you'd just take it? You'd just die right there if he continued to beat you mercilessly?

As for your scenario
    1. God did not GIVE me weaponry only the right to defend myself. It is the natural state of things, natural law, you know things explained by John Locke about 350 years ago

2. "they tell you that you aren't welcome into the kingdom because you murdered a man."....Self defense is not murder, but if I'm judged by God to be guilty enough to be denied paradise then I'll enjoy the company in Hell. But in my life from killing a person in self defense until my death I would not lose 1 second of sleep over protecting myself.

3. I do not carry a gun at all times, but it is my right to do so when I choose to do so...in my state I can carry openly. I also know how to fight as that is part of my self defense....do you not? Do you not protect yourself ever? You're certainly free not to, it is a choice you can make, but typically an average human will fight for their life.

You should think a bit harder about your actual questions instead of spending so much time on your insults.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think what ruthless Rocco was referring to is the phenomenon of "trigger happiness".

Which damn well DOES exist among people. I have seen schizophrenics with a fucking pocketknife gunned down dead by hero/disconnected cops wearing military fucking gear. Like a 50 yr old man babbling about The Sphynx and the Jesus-Grasshopper and pathetically waving a 3 inch pocketknife IS REALLY NEEDING TO BE SHOT THRU THE CHEST AT 15 FUCKING FEET BY RAMBO THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD PATROLMAN MICHAEL M. HIGGINS OF POTTSTOWN, PENNSYLTUCKY

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I think what ruthless Rocco was referring to is the phenomenon of "trigger happiness".

Which damn well DOES exist among people. I have seen schizophrenics with a fucking pocketknife gunned down dead by hero/disconnected cops wearing military fucking gear. Like a 50 yr old man babbling about The Sphynx and the Jesus-Grasshopper and pathetically waving a 3 inch pocketknife IS REALLY NEEDING TO BE SHOT THRU THE CHEST AT 15 FUCKING FEET BY RAMBO THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD PATROLMAN MICHAEL M. HIGGINS OF POTTSTOWN, PENNSYLTUCKY
    ruthless rocco doesn't even have the common fucking sense to defend himself or know that it is ok/moral/just/lawful for a person to defend themselves soooo yeah please help him dig himself out of the hole he has dug.

I'm not "trigger happy" I've never (and would like to never) even so much as mistakenly aimed a firearm at somebody much less actually shot someone. And therefore wouldn't somebody like rocco, or like Beanz or like miles say "Gee, these mass shootings are horrible, I wish we had more responsible gun owners like El Kabong here?" but that's never the case it's always "Explain why you need guns! Explain why anyone would do _____! You're a savage! You're blood thirsty and you care about nobody but yourself! Also you believe in God which all of us will get together and mock you for!" it's unnecessary but whatever yall are going to do as yall are going to do.

I am not aware of the specific incident you're talking about, but I am aware that a psychologically distressed student at Georgia Tech was shot and killed by University Police after having demanded the cops shoot him....I feel for all parties involved in situations like that. Mental health is a huge crisis in the United States but also world wide....Cook County Prison is the largest mental health facility in the country https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...a-jail/395012/ ....it's a shame and I wish there was an easy solution, but there isn't. Cops need education on how to deal with mental disorders and they need to look after their own mental health as well, it's a difficult job.

Not every Police shooting is justified, not every Police shooting is unjustified....this is why I typically wait and take a hard look at evidence before commenting in those situations because once emotions enter the process reasoning goes out the window.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What is justifiable self defense though?

I'm guessing that if someone walked up and punched you in the face that you wouldn't be allowed to shoot them dead, I would imagine/hope that you would have to answer some serious questions if that happened.

But when is it acceptable to pull a gun? hows about if someone is waving a baseball bat around? would you be expected to run or would the courts look at that as a justifiable reason to use your gun?

Also would you be expected to try and incapacitate them (ie shoot them in the leg) or is 'self defense' classed as just self defense regardless of the outcome or severity.

Hows about you @El Kabong what would be your limit? would you be willing to take a good hard kicking before pulling your gun (obviously I'm talking about out on the street and not someone breaking into your home)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am now worried that the whole Second Amendment and the furore about it was all down to a spelling mistake by a guy who wanted to wear a sleeveless top.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

El Kabong Guest

ALL POSTERS TAKE NOTE!

This is how you start a conversation about gun control, gun ownership....
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    What is justifiable self defense though?

I'm guessing that if someone walked up and punched you in the face that you wouldn't be allowed to shoot them dead, I would imagine/hope that you would have to answer some serious questions if that happened.

But when is it acceptable to pull a gun? hows about if someone is waving a baseball bat around? would you be expected to run or would the courts look at that as a justifiable reason to use your gun?

Also would you be expected to try and incapacitate them (ie shoot them in the leg) or is 'self defense' classed as just self defense regardless of the outcome or severity.

Hows about you @El Kabong what would be your limit? would you be willing to take a good hard kicking before pulling your gun (obviously I'm talking about out on the street and not someone breaking into your home)
    @Batman , thank you for being not an emotional wreck about the issue and thank you for asking sincere and well thought out questions.

A lot of the questions you bring up vary from state to state (that's also part of the Bill of Rights, Amendment 10 "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people").

In MY state there's a 'Stand your ground law' meaning in certain situations (in my home, in my car, at my business) I do not have to retreat. In SOME states there's the "duty to retreat" so use of deadly force, even if there's a chainsaw wielding sociopath in your living room at 3 a.m. the law ain't going to just allow you to shoot him dead right then and there...he pretty much has to have you cornered with no way out (kind of a shitty law IMO).

When is it ok to draw your firearm? It depends is my best answer because there's an infinite number of scenarios you could go through, however if you have a concealed carry permit you have to take a class and they do go over situations where it is acceptable and unacceptable to draw down on someone. You don't HAVE to actually draw a gun to scare somebody off anyway, just placing your hand on the butt of the gun and preparing to draw while giving a vocal warning SHOULD be good enough to ward off anyone unless they are a rabid dog or something. I'd tend to err on the side of not pulling the gun unless the situation is dire because you cannot un-shoot somebody.

It would be nice if it worked that way "just maim them"....but that is EXTREMELY difficult to do. The basic rule of gun ownership is #1. Never so much as aim at something you are not ok with killing. Also whenever you shoot if you're attempting to take down a person you ALWAYS shoot centermass in the chest and stomach area because this is the biggest target a human presents and is guaranteed to stop them in their tracks. Also one has to be aware that in a situation where your life is on the line/could be on the line your blood is pumping, your heart is racing, adrenaline is flowing and maybe you aren't as steady of a shot as you typically are at the gun range ergo a precision incapacitating shot is going to be WAAAAAY hard to land even for a very experienced shooter especially on a moving target. Also the leg has the femoral artery which if you so much as nick with a bullet that person could very likely bleed out within minutes.

I'm NOT a physically confrontational dude, I do know how to box a little and I can take care of myself if the situation arises, but I'm not one ot go looking for trouble as I know what can happen to me or my assailant. If it's just me 1 v 1 on the street and I'm carrying, I'm going to try my damnedest not to engage in a physical altercation as I'm not so much worried that I will just snap and shoot somebody but that my firearm could be taken and used either against me or others. If I got sucker punched let's say, I'd put my hand on my firearm and announce that I am indeed carrying. If I was wrestled down to the ground by surprise, I'd either attempt to get distance between my attacker and myself at which point I'd state that I'm carrying, OR I'd attempt to incapacitate my assailant immediately. Also let it be noted if you are concealed carrying you CANNOT drink any alcohol while carrying (which of course keeps a lot of these situations from occurring).

Again, great questions man and I hope I provided some satisfactory answers.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha! ALL POSTERS TAKE NOTE

It ain't your Forum mate. You are now dictating the terms and format and style in which people are allowed to address you. You don't even show respect to fellow American gun owners posting on the subject. You don't give a fuck about free speech at all. If you want to be that controlling start your own site or forum you lazy arsehole
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know how to defend myself?

Thread Information