Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Snoring Neighbors

I don't remember if i made a thread about this before, so forgive me if i did, but i have a dilemma.. I sleep at my girlfriends apartment 5/7 days of the week as i basically live there, and my school is closer from her apartment then from my house..

So, a new group of people moved in upstairs not too long ago, and this one kid snores SO LOUD that it keeps both of us up.. I've banged on the ceiling, you hear him wake up, and then within a few minutes, he's back to sleep and snoring again.. So.. we got ear plugs, and it works to an extent. Anyway, we learned to live with it and try to go to bed a little earlier then normal to avoid having to deal with it..

but NOW, we have a new neighbor right next door to us.. previously no one lived there so it was great because when we had people over there was no one to disturb.. but now there is an older lady that lives there, and what do you know? last night she was snoring her brains out.. So i banged on the wall, and basically same thing happened as the guy who lived upstairs, but i kind of feel bad cause i don't want this lady to have a heart attack or something..

does ANYONE have ANY sort of suggestion? I mean, i don't mind banging on the walls to wake them up, because just the same, they're keeping us up.. but that tactic has proved ineffective.. I would hate to confront someone about that, but it seems like that is the only way.. I wouldn't really know what to say..

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Snoring Neighbors

I'd ask your girlfriend to move to an apartment that actually has solid walls.

Do you live in Bangledesh or some shanty town?

I live in an apartment and I've never heard a peep from any of my neighbours.

They may as well not live there at all because I hear no signs of their existence.

Make your girl find a better quality building to live in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    I'd ask your girlfriend to move to an apartment that actually has solid walls.

Do you live in Bangledesh or some shanty town?

I live in an apartment and I've never heard a peep from any of my neighbours.

They may as well not live there at all because I hear no signs of their existence.

Make your girl find a better quality building to live in
    While i won't argue that the walls/ceilings could be more solid, the apartment complex is VERY nice.. something like $1350 a month.. It's a real nice place/area/and complex.. It's just the walls/ceiling.. because i could be sleeping in the bedroom and you could watch TV in the living room which isn't that far away, just down the hall, and if i had the door closed then i wouldn't be able to hear anything.. but it's the walls/ceiling that separate the units.. the lease is up in a few months, but without getting into too much detail of my boring personal life, i'm hoping that her and her roomate extend the lease and stay there til at least the end of the year, when i graduate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    While i won't argue that the walls/ceilings could be more solid, the apartment complex is VERY nice.. something like $1350 a month.. It's a real nice place/area/and complex.. It's just the walls/ceiling.. because i could be sleeping in the bedroom and you could watch TV in the living room which isn't that far away, just down the hall, and if i had the door closed then i wouldn't be able to hear anything.. but it's the walls/ceiling that separate the units.. the lease is up in a few months, but without getting into too much detail of my boring personal life, i'm hoping that her and her roomate extend the lease and stay there til at least the end of the year, when i graduate.

Nobody's personal life is boring buddy. I can't wait to start my blog soon when I shall reveal myself to my fellow Saddonians.

I'm hoping more will do the same. I think it's great getting to know people on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo View Post
    Nobody's personal life is boring buddy. I can't wait to start my blog soon when I shall reveal myself to my fellow Saddonians.

I'm hoping more will do the same. I think it's great getting to know people on here.
    Check your PM Bilbo Baggins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember my freshman year of college they guys next door both snored really loud and it would keep me and my roommate up.

What we did was get their telephone number and just start calling them until one of them had to haul ass out of the bed and answer or unplug the phone.

After a while they started to unplug the phone at night. So then when they were snoring we would turn our ringer up and call our own room phone. To make sure to wake them we would sometimes have arguments about who would get out of the bed to answer the phone, yell about what kind of ahole would be calling us at 2am, etc.

Not only did we stop their snoring, we made their lives a living hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cortez The Killer View Post
    I remember my freshman year of college they guys next door both snored really loud and it would keep me and my roommate up.

What we did was get their telephone number and just start calling them until one of them had to haul ass out of the bed and answer or unplug the phone.

After a while they started to unplug the phone at night. So then when they were snoring we would turn our ringer up and call our own room phone. To make sure to wake them we would sometimes have arguments about who would get out of the bed to answer the phone, yell about what kind of ahole would be calling us at 2am, etc.

Not only did we stop their snoring, we made their lives a living hell

ahahahahah, that is great..

i thought of going outside and ringing the doorbell a bunch of times.. it seems like it may come to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For $550 a month, we used to stay in some apartments that had concrete walls (to prevent the spread of a fire in case one of the rooms caught fire.) You couldn't hear anything on the other side of the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My apartment has bad walls too.

It always catches me off guard the next day when I hear them flushing their toliet or running the sink all of the vulgar sexual adjectives they must have heard the night before! Some BAD things get shouted out! But as long as I approach them with a smile in the elevator it all seem s to sort itself out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate my apartment. It is awful paper thin walls. Listen to Modest Mouse's "paper thin walls". lol

Yesterday we have a uniform key to get into the aparment complex and then seperate keys to get into our apartment, well someone lost there keys and a black dude named "T-Bone" stole them and was holding them for ransom. So we all had to get new keys cuz this low life wanted something for nothing. Anyway today they gave me my new key and it broke off in the lock.
    some people are sick fucks and create alot fo hassle for nothing.

I will be glad to move away from the city.
    "If there's a better chin in the world than Pryor's, it has to be on Mount Rushmore." -Pat Putnam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn are the walls made out of rice paper?!?

Hearing the woman beside you I can understand, but hearing the kid upstairs seems weird to me. His bed is 3 foot of the ground I imagine. If you can hear the kid than so should his parents.

Can you sleep with a box fan going? That's what I use to keep sound out. I've been doing it since I was a child because my parents slept that way.

Now as soon as someone turns off the fan I wake up and if I have to sleep at somewhere besides home I am S.O.L.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingGorilla View Post
    Damn are the walls made out of rice paper?!?

Hearing the woman beside you I can understand, but hearing the kid upstairs seems weird to me. His bed is 3 foot of the ground I imagine. If you can hear the kid than so should his parents.

Can you sleep with a box fan going? That's what I use to keep sound out. I've been doing it since I was a child because my parents slept that way.

Now as soon as someone turns off the fan I wake up and if I have to sleep at somewhere besides home I am S.O.L.
    i actually hear his roommate go and wake him up cause he's snoring so loud.. the ceiling IS thin but the dude snores SO DAMN LOUD, i could only imagine would it would be like to be int he room with him..

We have a fan but it's pretty quiet and only drowns out slight sounds.. thanks for the suggestion though

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RP33 View Post
    I don't remember if i made a thread about this before, so forgive me if i did, but i have a dilemma.. I sleep at my girlfriends apartment 5/7 days of the week as i basically live there, and my school is closer from her apartment then from my house..

So, a new group of people moved in upstairs not too long ago, and this one kid snores SO LOUD that it keeps both of us up.. I've banged on the ceiling, you hear him wake up, and then within a few minutes, he's back to sleep and snoring again.. So.. we got ear plugs, and it works to an extent. Anyway, we learned to live with it and try to go to bed a little earlier then normal to avoid having to deal with it..

but NOW, we have a new neighbor right next door to us.. previously no one lived there so it was great because when we had people over there was no one to disturb.. but now there is an older lady that lives there, and what do you know? last night she was snoring her brains out.. So i banged on the wall, and basically same thing happened as the guy who lived upstairs, but i kind of feel bad cause i don't want this lady to have a heart attack or something..

does ANYONE have ANY sort of suggestion? I mean, i don't mind banging on the walls to wake them up, because just the same, they're keeping us up.. but that tactic has proved ineffective.. I would hate to confront someone about that, but it seems like that is the only way.. I wouldn't really know what to say..
    lol? I love the attitude?! yeah they're keeping you up... but you're doing it on purpose!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is bizarre, I'm a broke college student living in a 400 dollar a month apartment and I'm like Bilbo, I don't even know if I have neighbors. When I first moved in one morning I thought they were having sex but it turns out my coffee maker just makes a kind of odd moaning noise.

But anyway to hear people above you snoring is odd to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    lol? I love the attitude?! yeah they're keeping you up... but you're doing it on purpose!
    Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post
    That is bizarre, I'm a broke college student living in a 400 dollar a month apartment and I'm like Bilbo, I don't even know if I have neighbors. When I first moved in one morning I thought they were having sex but it turns out my coffee maker just makes a kind of odd moaning noise.

But anyway to hear people above you snoring is odd to say the least.
    well adam, i think of it this way.. chances are that when i bang on the wall they just SHOOT up out of bed wondering what woke them up.. so really all i'm concerned with is the fact that they were woken up against their will.. the same thing that happens to me because of the snoring

and oumafan, you're right.. it's one of those things that you take for granted.. you shouldn't expect to hear your neighbor that lives above you snoring, which is why it sucks so much.

Thread Information