Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who , wins and why

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for the vote : Hatton - Mayweather

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Time for the vote : Hatton - Mayweather

I have a good feeling about this fight as the fight nears , Hatton is not faised by Mayweather , and barring cuts im going for a Hatton win on points
    this is purely from the heart as i like Ricky as a fighter and person.
    My head says Mayweather on cuts or points . im very interested in your views guys as the fight gets nearer.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Time for the vote : Hatton - Mayweather

Id say Mayweather TKO in RD10. Im not buying into HBO and Goldenboys PR that Hatton is the f**kin Terminator and i think people are forgeting how good Floyd really is. Hes had a few sub par performances but i think we are going to see Mayweather at his very best and solidifying his place in history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive gone with Mayweather on points but i would'nt be shocked if he stopped Hatton perhaps on cuts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've voted for Ricky to win by KO.

ICB Guest

Mayweather by UD and as i've said before the scorecards will read, 116-112 115-113 116-112.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My guess is Mayweather by UD, playing defense and countering all night. That doesn't mean that I'm giving up hope on my dream of a Hatton KO in round 3 by a vicious left hook.

Go Ricky!!!!

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is so anoying , i hope Ricky kicks the crap outta him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am going with Floyd on points in a very hard fought bout...often at times ugly.....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

interesting so far , the votes in

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cross referenced this vote with the poll on www.hbo.com's boxing page last nite...
    The results were surprising!

35% felt that Mayweather wins on points
    35% felt Hatton would win by KO
    17% thought Hatton would win on points.
    11% thought Mayweather would win on points
    2% saw the possibility of the draw.

In summation thats:
    52% for a Hatton win
    46% for a Floyd win.
    2% for the draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rocky - Apollo Creed II ? :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by halo
    Rocky - Apollo Creed II ? :P
    Why not? LoL

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would be awesome..Rocky Apollo 1 though!!
    I voted Mayweather by KO. I just got a feeling Mayweather is gonna put on one of his classics..Maybe i'm just hoping for a classic match having paid £575 for a ticket!! lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've really enjoyed watching Hatton from the beginning of his career and I think he is a very very good fighter indeed. In Brit terms, the best pressure fighter we've produced since Barry McGuigan and a true world-class operator. He has a decent media image, is exciting, good chin and brave as they come.

On the downside, I have always been really concerned at his conditioning between fights - to me, that is unprofessional and it will undoubtedly catch up with him in the ring one day. As a pressure fighter he also takes more punches that a stand-off boxer would and those two things (allied with his susceptibility to cuts) will mean he has a shorter career than say, Chris Eubank or Joe Calzaghe .... so we should enjoy it while we can.

I also just can't forget how he struggled with Collazzo and am aware that he has seldon defended a title (which to me is harder than winning one). Someone like Calzaghe has a much better legacy, but doesn't get the credit because he is less media friendly and because he generally stayed in the UK - though he has now cleaned out the division and unified it, so I hope that logical people don't hold that against him in years to come.

I can't help thinking that PBF is a phenomenon, the best things I've seen since Ray Leonard. Ray always had a Plan B, though, and I will be interested to see what Floys does if he gets dragged into the trenches.

I don't think that Ricky will be able to catch Floyd to blast him out early, I think Hatton will win the early rounds on aggression and volume but he will most likely be unable to pin Mayweather down long enough to land the two or three shots he will need to stop him. I see Floys coming more into the fight after the third and beginning to time hatton coming in - it's at this point that I think the extra weight will take it's toll and, as Floys is a slashing type of puncher, I do fear that he will cut Ricky up and force a technical stoppage around the 8th or 9th. If the ref is not too squeamish, Ricky might make it to a points loss.

Having said that, if Hatton actually pulls this off, I think it will be the best win by a British boxer since Curry Honeyghan (and Robinson-Turpin before that)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    I've really enjoyed watching Hatton from the beginning of his career and I think he is a very very good fighter indeed. In Brit terms, the best pressure fighter we've produced since Barry McGuigan and a true world-class operator. He has a decent media image, is exciting, good chin and brave as they come.

On the downside, I have always been really concerned at his conditioning between fights - to me, that is unprofessional and it will undoubtedly catch up with him in the ring one day. As a pressure fighter he also takes more punches that a stand-off boxer would and those two things (allied with his susceptibility to cuts) will mean he has a shorter career than say, Chris Eubank or Joe Calzaghe .... so we should enjoy it while we can.

I also just can't forget how he struggled with Collazzo and am aware that he has seldon defended a title (which to me is harder than winning one). Someone like Calzaghe has a much better legacy, but doesn't get the credit because he is less media friendly and because he generally stayed in the UK - though he has not cleaned out the division and unified it, so I hope that logical people don;t hold that against him in years to come.

I can't help thinking that PBF is a phenomenon, the best things I've seen since Ray Leonard. Ray always had a Plan B, though, and I will be interested to see what Floys does if he gets dragged into the trenches.

I don't think that Ricky will be able to catch Floyd to blast him out early, I think Hatton will win the early rounds on aggression and volume but he will most likely be unable to pin Mayweather down long enough to land the two or three shots he will need to stop him. I see Floys coming more into the fight after the third and beginning to time hatton coming in - it's at this point that I think the extra weight will take it's toll and, as Floys is a slashing type of puncher, I do fear that he will cut Ricky up and force a technical stoppage around the 8th or 9th. If the ref is not too squeamish, Ricky might make it to a points loss.

Having said that, if Hatton actually pulls this off, I think it will be the best win by a British boxer since Curry Honeyghan (and Robinson-Turpin before that)
    i couldn't have put it better myself.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information