Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Penn State is in some real deep shit

Lengthy report came out today, pretty much placing a lot of the blame on the high administration, for covering up the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse incidents for the last 14 years. Penn State University, not to mention its football program, is in deep shit. Looks like the late Joe Paterno, head coach of the football team for so many years, is implicated up to his neck. I still can't help feeling sorry for the guy. To see a lifetime of hard work and dedication go down the toilet, no matter how bad his actions were, has got to be gut-wrenching. To top it all off... the guy dies shortly after being smeared by the scandal... his name already having taken a hit. I don't know for sure... but I think statues are being taken down, non-profit organizations are taking Paterno's name off of them, and other real nasty stuff. It's pretty sad, this whole thing. It makes me angrier at Sandusky.... the low-life pedophile. He single-handedly brought down this great football program, and some good men along with it. I know covering up for Sandusky was dead wrong and a humongous mistake..... but it still pains me to see this old man (Paterno), who did so much for his university, and for a lot of graduate students who still love him dearly..... and lived the last few months of his life in shame and disgrace.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Penn State is in some real deep shit

guess you've never been raped.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No I haven't. Didn't realize I had touched a personal nerve.
    Did you get help?

El Kabong Guest

I think, given the evidence that has come out Joe Paterno looks horrible. Paterno looks worse than Woody Hayes right now and things will more than likely stay that way for the forseeable future. There are many sins that can be forgiven in football, cheating, illegal recruiting, preferential treatment of players, etc but to remain silent on child molestation/rape is horrifying and the "brand" of Penn State & Joe Paterno have been permenantly scarred.

Whether or not Penn State's football team receives an official penalty for something that happened a decade ago is up in the air, but I think the school will never recover from this. Penn State used to be an institution for great football players, but I just can't see it being that moving forward. I think schools like Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, et al will benefit from Penn State's inaction on the Sandusky situation.

I had no thoughts or feelings towards Penn State other than it was a historically good football school, but yankees don't know shit about real football anyway. After this whole mess, I look at Penn State with contempt. You let students & coaches run roughshod over the entire school and this is what you get a culture of evil.
    Last edited by El Kabong; 07-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Did you get help?

i don't understand what you mean by that.

care to elaborate what you're trying to say to me?

you think being raped is funny and making fun of people who have been raped is appropriate?

El Kabong Guest

All around this is a horrible situation. I don't feel 1 ounce of sympathy for Joe Paterno, I do feel for his widow, son, et al feeling as if they have to defend him. Joe Paterno did wrong by doing nothing, as the saying goes "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

I also feel for the victims....that's a horrible horrible thing to have to live with the rest of your life.

If Penn State never plays another game ever again I wouldn't be sad

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Did you get help?

you think being raped is funny and making fun of people who have been raped is appropriate?

You got all that from my original post? Or did you see it was me who wrote it, and immediately wrote your own smart-ass comment? My response was what I thought your own comment deserved.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    All around this is a horrible situation. I don't feel 1 ounce of sympathy for Joe Paterno, I do feel for his widow, son, et al feeling as if they have to defend him. Joe Paterno did wrong by doing nothing, as the saying goes "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".

I also feel for the victims....that's a horrible horrible thing to have to live with the rest of your life.

I agree with everything except for maybe a little on the Joe Paterno side, in that I have just a smidgen of sympathy toward him. First, he's dead now and cannot defend himself or his actions in any way. Second, he died a broken, disgraced man. I'm not sure anyone can exactly pinpoint to what degree Paterno knew of the sordid details involved with Sandusky. Maybe Paterno took a "wash-my-hands-don't-want-to-know" kind of approach. Completely reprehensible, I know.... but I for one cannot ignore the many young people that were positively influenced by Paterno throughout his head coaching career. He was, and is still, loved by many of his ex-players and alumni. He probably helped shape a lot of character in a great many young people out there today. That cannot and should not be ignored. This in no way excuses his regrettable mistakes. And as far as Sandusky is concerned, no punishment is bad enough for him. But to rip apart the whole life of another human being, who spent most of his life doing better deeds than most of us do in our own lives, is a bit harsh, I feel. And I do agree with the sentiments toward his family, who really have no fault in all this. They are suffering a degree of pain and humiliation that is hard to imagine.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you get help?

You got all that from my original post? Or did you see it was me who wrote it, and immediately wrote your own smart-ass comment? My response was what I thought your own comment deserved.
    thanks for giving me what my comment deserved.

you're a piece of shit. i hope you get yours.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you get help?

As always, your opinion means so-o-o-o-o-o-o much to me.

Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This really is numbing seeing that it was swept under the carpet. I don't agree with 'final death' on the program or school but a full house cleaning...with bleach and steel wool...should be done on administrative staff, coaching, etc. It would be kids basically paying price in education, scholarships by the hand of the ones put in control, again, in much lesser demented way though. Paterno and what is now basically symbolism in statue should be after thought in that there are others that can wear the cuffs. Sandusky will go the way of Dahmer inside. He's fucked and hope he burns in hell, on a loop!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

paterno did alot more than nothing. by turning a blind eye to the crimes that were being committed under his nose, he turned his back on his family, community and society. his actions tell the story of a man who chose pain and suffering for innocent children over finding help for a sick friend and colleague all to attain collegiate glory... people saw him as a great man, a legend. now he's a legend for all the things he did. he was not a good man. he was a coward and a disgrace. as are all men and women who allow that kind of abuse to happen.
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 07-14-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Louis Freeh report on PSU attacks Joe Paterno's judgment and integrity

As I read more into the Freeh Report, it appears that Joe Paterno did in fact play an integral part in concealing Sandusky's child sexual abuse, as well as lying to a grand jury about his knowledge of the case. As difficult as it is to see the legacy of a deceased man dragged through the mud.... and put his family through such pain and shame..... I suppose it is totally deserved. He didn't actually commit the crimes, but he covered them up and did nothing to stop Sandusky from continuing these hideous practices. This is such a horrible tragedy for everyone involved, starting with the victims and their families, and also for Paterno's family and everyone else involved. And of all people, it had to be Joe Paterno, who had coached Penn State's Nittany Lions it seems like forever. Thinking about it only makes me angrier at that scumbag Sandusky. I always thought, when they showed his pervert face on TV, that he looked like the twisted bastard he turned out to be.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you get help?

Oh for fucks sake shut it... You've been hysterically pedantic since your first post. Instead of trying to take the moral high ground with your unwarrented sense of self importance, how about trying to discuss like an adult?

Hope this helps.

Thread Information