Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  68
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Conor McGregor toys with Paulie Malinaggi in sparring?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Bollocks and you know it nah, nah, nah. As soon as they introduced even small gloves to UFC Kos went up. With boxing the amount of knockouts when gloves were introduced went through the roof. If you crack someone on the chin with no gloves you may knock them out, if you hit them elsewhere on the head or even certain parts if the face you fuck your hands up. Big gloves = Less knuckle damage and facial cuts but not less chance of a KO. Punchers Gloves are the myth, sparring stories are often myths, just think about it. Even big gloves are not pillows and a pro boxer if he hits you right will cause a concussion, he will knock you out. Big gloves or "punchers gloves".
    Myths? This isn't even debatable. I don't believe for a second YOU even believe the tosh you're writing.

I could pull a million quotes in mere seconds of boxers waffling about thick padded sparring gloves. Every fighter on the planet that's ever done an interview about sparring has mentioned the difference between 16+oz gloves and 10-8 oz ones. Literally everyone.

Just the other week Frank Warren/Nicola Adams were lobbying for the size of womens gloves to be reduced from 10 to 8 ounces. Why? Because the thicker padded gloves were preventing women from exhibiting their power. They were like "pillows!!!" on smaller women.

A couple of relevant examples for the thread.... When asked about McGregor's power Chris van Heerden said - "I didn't feel his power, but then again, it was with big 16 ounce gloves not 10 ounce ones"

Steve Bunce writing about Rhonda Rousey - Her fists are concealed inside lightly padded knuckleduster gloves, which provide her and all MMA fighters with a nasty tool; it is an advantage Rousey will lose once her fists are inside a regulation set of 10-ounce boxing gloves.

Enough?
    Buncey is full of shit, you are full of shit and all the boxers you quoted are full of shit. FACT. More KO's with boxing gloves than without.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bollocks and you know it nah, nah, nah. As soon as they introduced even small gloves to UFC Kos went up. With boxing the amount of knockouts when gloves were introduced went through the roof. If you crack someone on the chin with no gloves you may knock them out, if you hit them elsewhere on the head or even certain parts if the face you fuck your hands up. Big gloves = Less knuckle damage and facial cuts but not less chance of a KO. Punchers Gloves are the myth, sparring stories are often myths, just think about it. Even big gloves are not pillows and a pro boxer if he hits you right will cause a concussion, he will knock you out. Big gloves or "punchers gloves".
    Myths? This isn't even debatable. I don't believe for a second YOU even believe the tosh you're writing.

I could pull a million quotes in mere seconds of boxers waffling about thick padded sparring gloves. Every fighter on the planet that's ever done an interview about sparring has mentioned the difference between 16+oz gloves and 10-8 oz ones. Literally everyone.

Just the other week Frank Warren/Nicola Adams were lobbying for the size of womens gloves to be reduced from 10 to 8 ounces. Why? Because the thicker padded gloves were preventing women from exhibiting their power. They were like "pillows!!!" on smaller women.

A couple of relevant examples for the thread.... When asked about McGregor's power Chris van Heerden said - "I didn't feel his power, but then again, it was with big 16 ounce gloves not 10 ounce ones"

Steve Bunce writing about Rhonda Rousey - Her fists are concealed inside lightly padded knuckleduster gloves, which provide her and all MMA fighters with a nasty tool; it is an advantage Rousey will lose once her fists are inside a regulation set of 10-ounce boxing gloves.

Enough?
    Buncey is full of shit, you are full of shit and all the boxers you quoted are full of shit. FACT. More KO's with boxing gloves than without.
    ^^^^World class comeback right there!!^^^^ THEY'RE ALL FULL OF SHIT!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Completely different stamina. Each sport you train to have stamina for that specific sport.
    Yes and yet top boxers train to punch each other by running 10 miles a day. Point is that mma fighters do have stamina, including McGregor. That said, I don't think he has 36 mins of fighting stamina.
    That's where I'm at and while grappling and twister of course take stamina Conner has zero idea or practice in translating it to much more and constant mobility and sheer volume. Do wonder about his legs in general becoming tree trunks as it goes. Looky me ovahere trying to break this circus down now

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Completely different stamina. Each sport you train to have stamina for that specific sport.
    Yes and yet top boxers train to punch each other by running 10 miles a day. Point is that mma fighters do have stamina, including McGregor. That said, I don't think he has 36 mins of fighting stamina.
    That's where I'm at and while grappling and twister of course take stamina Conner has zero idea or practice in translating it to much more and constant mobility and sheer volume. Do wonder about his legs in general becoming tree trunks as it goes. Looky me ovahere trying to break this circus down now
    Ideally, Floyd snipes him with enough sharp counters to not have to rely on stopping him due to stamina. I suspect Floyd will let him go into the later rounds before stopping him, if not the full 12 even. If that happens, then it really does make boxing look bad.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ideally, Floyd snipes him with enough sharp counters to not have to rely on stopping him due to stamina. I suspect Floyd will let him go into the later rounds before stopping him, if not the full 12 even. If that happens, then it really does make boxing look bad.
    Really dude if I was to pin boxing on whole for this floater it happens long before the bell. We, you take Floyd from where he is currently and get the fast one being pulled and I wouldn't be shocked to see Mayweather Ortiz his arse. But he could cut him to ribbons over distance and leave him leaning or tko on cuts and a 6 piece chicken-wing elbow in 2nd and it translates the same imo.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Enough?
    ^^^^World class comeback right there!!^^^^ THEY'RE ALL FULL OF SHIT!
    You can both shilly shally and skirt around the issue and just repeat stuff ad nauseam or you can look it up. It's a FACT. All bigger gloves do is distribute the impact more so in effect you are not only increasing the chances of landing a hook or uppercut right on the button (point of the chin) but you are also increasing the movement of the brain inside the skull, causing a knock out. With bare knuckle or mma gloves you are making contact with a smaller area and increasing the chances of breaking bones (jaws, knuckles etc) and causing cuts but as you will see even when repeatedly hit in the face many mma fighters will fail to knock people out.

Fenster you started all this rubbish with the claim that, not only would, Floyd of all people, be more likely to knock out UFC fighters with their "knuckle dusters", but that he would even do so with a jab. That is just made up malarkey that looks good written down but has no basis in reality.

Way more knockouts with big boxing gloves. Higher rotational acceleration. FACT.

The reason your theory sounds like it must be true, though it isn't, is that you are correct in your assumption that boxers spend their entire career, amateur and professional, practicing and perfecting throwing punches. So most boxers will hit way harder than those whose martial arts require them to learn more striking techniques, with both feet and elbows, forearms etc. So a boxer even bare knuckle or with mma gloves is going to really hit hard but also be more likely to fuck their hands up being used to the safety of gloves. then when that hand is fucked they have no plan B. The ability to repeatedly punch someone in the head with boxing gloves on means more knockouts even without the higher rotational acceleration and the greater area of impact. Big gloves slow you down in that you can not throw as many fast repeated shots for as long but the impact is actually more likely to cause a KO than a small or ungloved hand.

That said I have never been sparked out by somebody with gloves on but have been knocked out by someone without gloves. The danger without gloves is also that you are rarely on a soft bit of canvas so you can double the impact with your noggin hitting the tarmac.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basically you said the same in 8 paragraphs as Me and @Batman said in a sentence!
    I never disputed your "facts", I just loved your insightful response! 😂😂😘

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For fucks sake, I was having fun about Floyd, I said he'd get killed by a MMA guy, then I said he could chin them with the right circumstances blah, blah, blah, get it from both sides as usual from saddos.

I've seen several UFC KO's that have started with a jab decking a fighter. When you factor in Floyd's brilliance in the art of clumping, speed and camouflageability he could score a KO with a jab. Of course he could, unless these UFC guys possess incredible power that boxer's don't.

With the knuckle dusters he would definitely KO fighters.

Here's Paulie's take on McGregor's power.

"Conor doesn't have shocking power but we were wearing big gloves, i've sparred thousands of rounds, hundreds of guys, only a handful have OMG power with big 16 oz gloves, smaller 8 oz gloves it's different" (it's impossible for boxers to talk about sparring without highlighting the difference between big heavy padded gloves and small championship ones. Fact.)

Keep deluding yourself until the cows come home for all I care @Beanz
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz - "Paulie's FULL OF SHIT!" 😂😂😂

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For fucks sake, I was having fun about Floyd, I said he'd get killed by a MMA guy, then I said he could chin them with the right circumstances blah, blah, blah, get it from both sides as usual from saddos.

I've seen several UFC KO's that have started with a jab decking a fighter. When you factor in Floyd's brilliance in the art of clumping, speed and camouflageability he could score a KO with a jab. Of course he could, unless these UFC guys possess incredible power that boxer's don't.

With the knuckle dusters he would definitely KO fighters.

Here's Paulie's take on McGregor's power.

"Conor doesn't have shocking power but we were wearing big gloves, i've sparred thousands of rounds, hundreds of guys, only a handful have OMG power with big 16 oz gloves, smaller 8 oz gloves it's different" (it's impossible for boxers to talk about sparring without highlighting the difference between big heavy padded gloves and small championship ones. Fact.)

Keep deluding yourself until the cows come home for all I care @Beanz
    I am not deluding myself about anything. I am not the one claiming that it is more likely for someone to be knocked out by someone wearing mma gloves than boxing gloves. That is your schtick and your claim and it's quite obviously bollocks.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    @Beanz - "Paulie's FULL OF SHIT!" ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½
    You are full of shit you can't even build a cogent argument. Your arguments are basically make stuff up people don't say and then throw your toys out of the pram when you realise nobody is falling for it. You never address the facts.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The science behind bigger gloves, headguards, target area, brain movement etc is all well and good, but in the real World it just doesnt compute. If it did, amateaur boxing (with headguards and pillows) would be utter carnage and I'd be game for watching it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz - that's fine mate, you believe whatever you want to believe, i'll believe what every fighter on earth says, everyone in boxing says and my own eyeballs.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz - that's fine mate, you believe whatever you want to believe, i'll believe what every fighter on earth says, everyone in boxing says and my own eyeballs.
    You just will not admit it will you? You specifically said that knockouts are more likely with MMA gloves and that is not born out by any evidence anywhere. Boxing gloves cause more knockouts. It's seems counter intuitive but it is a fact whether you admit it or not.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Beanz

I didn't realise the @ feature upsets you mate, I specifically use it so the board isn't littered with unreadable multi-quotes that people can't scroll through, this is the last time I will EVER @ you again, trust me.

I have no idea how you could possibly think i'm being "arsey" with you, mate? Seriously, If it makes you happy i'll pretend I think you're right?

Thread Information