Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury not applying for new Boxing License

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    I don’t really need to see him get wiped out by Wilder or Joshua because I know that’s what would happen and I think deep down he knows it too. Fury is an over achiever who was landed an uppercut on himself... the only time I’ve ever seen a fighter do that (guess he was proving he had a chin)
    Fury was the only man that could beat Joshua, he had the unorthodox style to give AJ "fits" but that has long. No way can the "fat one" get back in condition and form that he did when he won the title.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I don’t really need to see him get wiped out by Wilder or Joshua because I know that’s what would happen and I think deep down he knows it too. Fury is an over achiever who was landed an uppercut on himself... the only time I’ve ever seen a fighter do that (guess he was proving he had a chin)
    Fury was the only man that could beat Joshua, he had the unorthodox style to give AJ "fits" but that has long. No way can the "fat one" get back in condition and form that he did when he won the title.
    What a load of twaddle. the only significant win he ever had was against Wlad. Fair play, I don't want to take that away from him.
    if I did, maybe I would say Wlad was in the middle of a nervous breakdown and in no fit state to fight. Same as Fury wasn't when he subsequently got done for coke.
    AJ is a very different animal. are you saying he wouldn't walk Fury down and connect? @ross , what do you think?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    What a load of twaddle. the only significant win he ever had was against Wlad. Fair play, I don't want to take that away from him.
    if I did, maybe I would say Wlad was in the middle of a nervous breakdown and in no fit state to fight. Same as Fury wasn't when he subsequently got done for coke.
    AJ is a very different animal. are you saying he wouldn't walk Fury down and connect? @ross , what do you think?
    No, Fury schools AJ with both hands behind his back.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon Wilder stops them both

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on mate, he's got (or had)decent movement for a big guy, but he's hardly Herrol fucking Graham is he?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on mate, he's got (or had)decent movement for a big guy, but he's hardly Herrol fucking Graham is he?
    I think Fury would have caused problems for AJ as well but at the same time AJ would only have to hit him once, Fury was dropped by a cruiserweight in the past so if AJ lands it would have been game over.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Twice I've seen Fury in some bother and both times he fought harder to get out of it. I'd expect the same if AJ connected with a decent punch

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is a piss poor heavyweight champion.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Twice I've seen Fury in some bother and both times he fought harder to get out of it. I'd expect the same if AJ connected with a decent punch
    Twice, but with anybody of AJ's power or fitness?
    I'm guessing you're talking about :
    Cunningham - Fury just leaned all over the CW and Cunningham tired of holding up a guy 5 stone heavier than him.
    McDermott - can we really compare him to what Joshua would bring?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s an unbeaten heavyweight champion with five defences under his belt (all won by knockout)

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He’s an unbeaten heavyweight champion with five defences under his belt (all won by knockout)
    In this day and age that means very little. Wilder has not looked great.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take Klitschko off of AJ and Fury’s records and what’s left? Wilder has been in with and beaten better (Wlad aside)

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Take Klitschko off of AJ and Fury’s records and what’s left? Wilder has been in with and beaten better (Wlad aside)
    Wilder would not have beaten Wlad. Not the version that fought AJ.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder would not have beaten Wlad. Not the version that fought AJ.
    We’ll never know, that’s just speculation. I don’t think the AJ that beat Wlad could have beaten Wilder because unlike Wlad, Wilder will go for the finish when he has his man hurt.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder would not be in a position to hurt AJ as Wlad did.

Wlad disgusied that punch beautifully. Wilder does not have the skill to do it.

Wilder has power but AJ would see his punches all day long.

Thread Information