Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: “The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board’s has been a lot of notningness

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default “The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board’s has been a lot of notningness

The TBRB rankings in my view are simply awful. What do you think?

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: “The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board’s has been a lot of notningness

They started out with good intentions and although looking at their ratings you could make an argument for each fighters ranking, the major black eye they have is Mikey as champion at 140, and how if was ever agreed that Garcia vs Lipinets would qualify for their title.

I like that they only recognize #1 vs #2 for championships, this is how it should be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: “The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board’s has been a lot of notningness

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They started out with good intentions and although looking at their ratings you could make an argument for each fighters ranking, the major black eye they have is Mikey as champion at 140, and how if was ever agreed that Garcia vs Lipinets would qualify for their title.

I like that they only recognize #1 vs #2 for championships, this is how it should be.

The have an intense love affair with Mikey.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

The have an intense love affair with Mikey.
    I'm not sure it's that, you would think that to fill a vacant championship (something they seem to take very seriously) you would need a unanimous vote to even move Lipinets into 2nd.

I put together some voted rankings for Saddo's last month and it was easy to see the difference in rankings and opinions. How many do they have on their board? And your telling me they had a consensus opinion to move Lipinets into second based on his title win? Now I haven't researched it or anything so they may have explained it, but guys who are being rated at #1 and #2 in their ratings (where if they fought would crown their champ in that division), you would think, would surely have to be the consensus #1 and #2 guys unanimously. Otherwise it makes the rest of your system kind of redundant.

It seems certain board members may have more influence in decisions than others.

Thread Information