Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who's next for Austin Trout?

I really like Trout and I do think he has a future in the sport after the Canelo loss. Those scorecards were too wide and if Trout didn't get knocked down I think he could have had a case of winning that fight. And if canelo wasn't as popular as he is I think Trout could have got the nod. I felt disappointed for him because he got a great account of himself in that fight and he was impressive vs Cotto.

I have not heard anything what he is going to do next after that loss. Has anybody heard anything and who do you think he should fight next? Hope he gets himself into the mix again! He's a great fighter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard word of him fighting Lara or Rosado possibility.
    Last edited by Maravilla2012; 08-07-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For some reason he reminds me of Quartey.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who's next for Austin Trout?

I thought Trout Lara was confirmed for the Mayweather undercard but must have been mistaken. I reckon Lara beats him.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I really like Trout and I do think he has a future in the sport after the Canelo loss. Those scorecards were too wide and if Trout didn't get knocked down I think he could have had a case of winning that fight. And if canelo wasn't as popular as he is I think Trout could have got the nod. I felt disappointed for him because he got a great account of himself in that fight and he was impressive vs Cotto.

I have not heard anything what he is going to do next after that loss. Has anybody heard anything and who do you think he should fight next? Hope he gets himself into the mix again! He's a great fighter.
    Yup, I don't think Trout got a fair shake at that fight. Those cards were too far off. I wonder if it would have been different if the fight wasn't in Texas. Trout did an excellent job against Canello. Canelo is good but I think he is a bit overrated. Canelo did not look comfortable against Trout. Rewatching that fight makes me doubt Canelo doing much against Mayweather.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Yup, I don't think Trout got a fair shake at that fight. Those cards were too far off. I wonder if it would have been different if the fight wasn't in Texas. Trout did an excellent job against Canello. Canelo is good but I think he is a bit overrated. Canelo did not look comfortable against Trout. Rewatching that fight makes me doubt Canelo doing much against Mayweather.
    I would say the Trout fight is the only reason Mayweather took the fight against Canelo

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

I would say the Trout fight is the only reason Mayweather took the fight against Canelo
    good point, I didn't look at it that way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Trout is good and i am sure his effort convinced Mayweather that Canelo will be no problem for him and he won't.
    Trout just needs to fight again, win and challenge again. He could fight Canelo in a rematch or be in line for Mayweather, it's up to him as to how he returns from defeat, the greatest test of character for a fighter is how he comes back after a loss.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rice View Post
    I dunno man. Only in that they both wore gloves to work? If he had Quarteys jab and puncher instinct he may have beat a coasting Alvarez.

I like Trout, he is a refreshing fighter to all the glory boy diva syndrom around. Very skilled and solid but I think he was looked at as just a measuring stick in Alvarez match but always was capable. He was the closest thing to a Mayweather Alvarez faced and he showed flaws in Alvarez approach. Let him fight the Andrade v Martirosyan winner or higher.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rice View Post
    I dunno man. Only in that they both wore gloves to work? If he had Quarteys jab and puncher instinct he may have beat a coasting Alvarez.

I like Trout, he is a refreshing fighter to all the glory boy diva syndrom around. Very skilled and solid but I think he was looked at as just a measuring stick in Alvarez match but always was capable. He was the closest thing to a Mayweather Alvarez faced and he showed flaws in Alvarez approach. Let him fight the Andrade v Martirosyan winner or higher.

Not in style but in personality, defeat for them means they don't want to fight anymore.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE THIRD MAN View Post
    Trout is good and i am sure his effort convinced Mayweather that Canelo will be no problem for him and he won't.
    Trout just needs to fight again, win and challenge again. He could fight Canelo in a rematch or be in line for Mayweather, it's up to him as to how he returns from defeat, the greatest test of character for a fighter is how he comes back after a loss.
    I agree with this but I think in his heart of hearts Trout knew he made the fight very very close and no doubt with boxing politics involved it did effect the outcome. He was pretty humble at the end of the fight though and I think that shows he is a decent character. There's lots of good fights for him at 154 so will be lots of opportunity for him to bounce back. I could see him at 160 as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    I thought Trout Lara was confirmed for the Mayweather undercard but must have been mistaken. I reckon Lara beats him.
    @Silkeyjoe - Al Haymon pulled the plug on this one being on the Mayweather undercard. It could happen elsewhere though from what I've heard. I bet it was a money issue. With Floyd's guarantee, Canelo's guarentee and the money going to Matthysse & Garcia I'd bet there isn't that kind of money to throw around.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Trout definitely lost to Canelo. To me, there was no debate. However, I thought he did very well in losing. He has only lost once. He's had a few good wins. I view him as the next best junior middleweight. I would like to see him against the Andrade-Martirosyan winner, even though I know it can't happen because of politics. Lara wouldn't be bad either. I'm on high on Trout.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo-Trout wasn't controversial at all. I thought Canelo clearly won the fight.

Personally Im not too thrilled about Trout because he has no creativity in his his game. You look at the way he attacks his opponents and the guys has no imagination in his offense as he throws the same sequence of punches over and over .

I see him as a Deandre Latimore type . Not in terms of style, but Latimore was also an avoided fighter for a short time but dude got exposed real quick.

All he can do at this point is keep fighting other guys who are avoided just like he is. IM talking about the likes of Lara, Rosado, Ishe Smith..

I dont think Trout is some great fighter.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Trout is a really good fighter. Honestly ,I would even put him top 20 p4p . He showed lots of ability and talent in the Canelo and Cotto fights. Too bad , he has been avoided recently. If Lara would fight him, Trout would win a comfortable decision - Lara wouldn't be able to just win countering as Trout would score enough to win a competitive but decisive decision.

Thread Information