So I’ve been hunting a new car for a couple months, I’ve been a a bit fixated on a Lincoln suv either the mkc or mkx but I’m reading good things about these Chevy equinox. I need to get the 6cyl model but the 3.6 liter 6 in the equinox is rated best in class. I know it will be a sacrifice on fuel but the 6cyl has 301 horsepower and if I don’t have proper power to merge or move quick to avoid emergency situations I don’t feel safe. Sure I’d love a Lincoln or caddy but I just don’t like putting a lot of money in cars as they depreciate so quickly. Having said that I do own a Lincoln MKZ it it is seriously the nicest driving car I’ve ever had. I’m hearing an issue with the equinox is body roll so curvy roads could bring that out but I don’t speed anymore except as I said in merging and emergency situations which require maneuvering to avoid assholes and accidents which unfortunately is common in America. The equinox I’m looking at is a 2016 with 30,000 miles, 12 month bumper to bumper coverage and 6 years 100,000 mile powetrain warranty. I highly doubt anyone here has an equinox but I’d live to hear input on any SUV’s. I really need to get into the SUV AWD arena for weather and cargo issue.

On a side note we just got hit with a pretty bad storm that had me loose power at home for almost 24hrs. The temp in my house went as low as 37 Fahrenheit and I could see my breathe when I talked. The issue was made worse as I had surgery on my hand last week and I broke my stitches clearing snow and ice so I can now see muscle and bone when I look at the incision area.

Back on topic, I absolutely hate buying cars, in order to pay cash I’d need to close some investments but to finance rates are going up here and I refuse to pay a 5% note on something that depreciates, mind you an equinox is not a luxury car, it’s acyually considered midsize SUV I think they even call it an “economy” car but check out the prices I don’t see that as economy. Alright enough babble, any you guys got SUVs I don’t even care if you have a better model I just want to hear about reliability that really is my main concern.