Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amir Khan QUIT v Terence Crawford!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan QUIT v Terence Crawford!

Quits in the 4/5th round, that boy has heart.
    He doesn't have a chin or heart, her nearly wormed his way into a big fight.
    Why you defend him I don't know why.
    Any empirical evidence he has a heart............
    Show me because I am always wanting to find out the truth.
    I think I know the truth a blown up British fighter got found out fot the fraud he was ten years ago.
    One thing that never changes, great fights make great fighters, what was Khan's great fight.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    Quits in the 4/5th round, that boy has heart.
    He doesn't have a chin or heart, her nearly wormed his way into a big fight.
    Why you defend him I don't know why.
    Any empirical evidence he has a heart............
    Show me because I am always wanting to find out the truth.
    I think I know the truth a blown up British fighter got found out fot the fraud he was ten years ago.
    One thing that never changes, great fights make great fighters, what was Khan's great fight.

Again, you are confusing heart with chin then making loads of ridiculous statements.

He didn't show heart vs Maidaina? The guy was fucked out his head and had the balls to stick in and fight back.

Khan has always had balls. His chin is shit no question. he has been dumb, he has no chin, but to say he has no heart sounds like someone that doesn't watch boxing. The lad has shown balls way beyond his ability @greenbeanz @Fenster @Master @Lyle @Gandalf.

Call Khan shit, call him chinless, whatever, but call him heartless is just wrong.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am a big critic of Khan, but he has always shown heart. He has just slipped with a layoff and too many recent soft touches. He seemed hurt by the low blow and didn't appear to quit himself. Khan did not make Crawford throw that stupid shot. Crawford is overrated IMO. He fights Horns and shot Khan's for a reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When did quitting after 12 minutes show heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So now Crawford is overrated? I don't get this logic. Bud dominated from the start. Khan knew he was going nowhere but toward a comprehensive beating. I'm not gonna argue one way or another about heart... it's such a subjective argument. But he DID quit against Crawford, and that's all this thread and others have stated. He's a pro boxer... he knows full well he gets 5 minutes to recover from a low blow... he was repeatedly asked whether he wanted to continue... and finally everyone got the message that NO, Khan did not want to continue. He knew he was getting outboxed, outgunned, and soon would just be out. Does fighting Canelo show he's got heart? No. He was easily boxing the ears off Ginger until the inevitable thunderbolt struck and knocked Amir out cold. That's not heart. That is a stupidly made fight that should've never been. Had Khan avoided The Shot, he would've given Ginger a shutout, much like Floyd did. But back to Crawford being overrated, how do you get to that based on what he did to Khan. FFS, he made Khan quit.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    So now Crawford is overrated? I don't get this logic. Bud dominated from the start. Khan knew he was going nowhere but toward a comprehensive beating. I'm not gonna argue one way or another about heart... it's such a subjective argument. But he DID quit against Crawford, and that's all this thread and others have stated. He's a pro boxer... he knows full well he gets 5 minutes to recover from a low blow... he was repeatedly asked whether he wanted to continue... and finally everyone got the message that NO, Khan did not want to continue. He knew he was getting outboxed, outgunned, and soon would just be out. Does fighting Canelo show he's got heart? No. He was easily boxing the ears off Ginger until the inevitable thunderbolt struck and knocked Amir out cold. That's not heart. That is a stupidly made fight that should've never been. Had Khan avoided The Shot, he would've given Ginger a shutout, much like Floyd did. But back to Crawford being overrated, how do you get to that based on what he did to Khan. FFS, he made Khan quit.
    I think so. I would love to see him in there with Manny and see how he takes a few of those shots he doesn't see coming. He loses to Spence and Manny, but beats Thurman, possibly, who is back off a long lay off. Garcia would be a close fight. I think most top fighters today beat Khan. This fight proved little really except that Khan does not take low blows very well. He did not quit though, his corner quit for him. Khan is several years past prime and was vulnerable even then.
    Last edited by Gandalf; 04-30-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You just need to look at Khan's record too. He took a year off after Algieri only to get pummeled a year later against Canelo, then another 2 years off just to fight a couple of low level fighters. Khan has shown little hunger for several years and not proven at all that he is even able to compete at the top. He seems to make a pay day, take a year off, and then come back looking for another, he doesn't seem dedicated. So, when Crawford outboxes him at this stage I don't think it has all that much meaning. You have to look at Crawford with a raised eyebrow really.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally, I think he got hit with a shot he couldn't take and rationalised it as "I shouldn't have to take that, I'm out".

He's never quit before and I have no reason to think he'll do it again.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think so. I would love to see him in there with Manny and see how he takes a few of those shots he doesn't see coming. He loses to Spence and Manny, but beats Thurman, possibly, who is back off a long lay off. Garcia would be a close fight. I think most top fighters today beat Khan. This fight proved little really except that Khan does not take low blows very well. He did not quit though, his corner quit for him. Khan is several years past prime and was vulnerable even then.
    Manny flat out said he wont entertain fights with Crawford or Spence, but listed every other WW. Why do you think that is? Those would be the two biggest money and legacy fights for him, and very easy to make. The fight proved little except that Khan cant take a low blow.... As if he wasnt comprehensively getting his ass kicked until then? For a smart guy, you struggle a lot to be objective and cant stop yourself from being a cheerleader at times. Why did Manny struggle so much with Horn if hes such a bad fighter? I dont think many would disagree Crawford needs some marquee names, although he definetely has some solid wins, but I also dont think many would say its for lack of willingness to fight anybody on his part. He wants to make big money like every other top guy.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Manny flat out said he wont entertain fights with Crawford or Spence, but listed every other WW. Why do you think that is? Those would be the two biggest money and legacy fights for him, and very easy to make. The fight proved little except that Khan cant take a low blow.... As if he wasnt comprehensively getting his ass kicked until then? For a smart guy, you struggle a lot to be objective and cant stop yourself from being a cheerleader at times. Why did Manny struggle so much with Horn if hes such a bad fighter? I dont think many would disagree Crawford needs some marquee names, although he definetely has some solid wins, but I also dont think many would say its for lack of willingness to fight anybody on his part. He wants to make big money like every other top guy.
    I think Manny struggled because he did not really know what Horn was about. He would have done better in a rematch and had Horn out on his feet towards the end. Horn hasn't really proven himself at all and Khan is undeniably several years out of date. Not old at all, but inactive and getting worse.

Manny has his reasons for avoiding certain fights, but that does not mean that he cannot win them. I think like with what Crawford has been doing, he wants the easier fights for the best possible money whence the Algieri and Horn type of matchups.

Personally I think Crawford is wasting his time with Horn and Khan type fights. He is in his 30's and it is now or never. He will age in a few years like anyone else, except James Toney, who is of course an Immortal and blessed with the spirit of hamburger patty glory.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im trying to find some substance there to respond to, and all Im left with is the spirit of hamburger pattys. They go nicely with swiss cheese, but it hasnt got enough holes fit your narrative. The argument just doesnt cut the mustard. You need to ketchup with the current boxing landscape. I relish the next reponse.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lettuce think about that for a moment.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Im trying to find some substance there to respond to, and all Im left with is the spirit of hamburger pattys. They go nicely with swiss cheese, but it hasnt got enough holes fit your narrative. The argument just doesnt cut the mustard. You need to ketchup with the current boxing landscape. I relish the next reponse.
    The only thing I can retort with is burger off. I am dyslexic. Oh, and 'I got milk!'. I hope this helps.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree Crawford is good too. He is clearly one of the top in his division, but the idea that he is the best fighter out there P4P, which some are suggesting is just ludicrous to me until he fights the best names in his division. This is why I want to see him fight the top 4 and stop messing around with Horn and Khan level fighters. That is a year of his career and I am not sure it is the best use of his time. Khan certainly didn't deserve a big fight. You can give a pass with Horn, but not with Khan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey look Khan did quit but that is the only time I have seen him do it and he has gotten his ass kicked before. I mean Duran quit and for being clowned on takes a lot of heart to even get in a ring come on people. Crawford has beaten the shit out of anyone he has fought and they have not been close fights hope the top guys will get in ring with him at some point in time. Khan has a following and is fun to watch like car crash that is why Crawford the guy brings in money.

Thread Information