Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default my opinion on Juan Manuel Marquez

when you look where he is now.....he is fighting for a WBO interim title! i dont see why he is doing this at all. He is an amazing boxer and i dont understand why he is staying at 125. He lost to chris John who is the number 1......if marquez wants a rematch he wud only get in, in Indonesia and i personally think he will get another L on his record. the 125 devsion aint got that many good fighters in it and i really do think marquez should move up 130.....its got the better fighters and it will make him more money. there is so much more better competetion and he is getting older as well. i really do think its time for marquez to look at a mega fight. i would like to say marquez-valero......and that could lead to guzman maybe? or why doesnt he look for a rematch with manny.......but he is deciding to go and hunt some scottish alcoholic instead im confused

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: my opinion on Juan Manuel Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    when you look where he is now.....he is fighting for a WBO interim title! i dont see why he is doing this at all. He is an amazing boxer and i dont understand why he is staying at 125. He lost to chris John who is the number 1......if marquez wants a rematch he wud only get in, in Indonesia and i personally think he will get another L on his record. the 125 devsion aint got that many good fighters in it and i really do think marquez should move up 130.....its got the better fighters and it will make him more money. there is so much more better competetion and he is getting older as well. i really do think its time for marquez to look at a mega fight. i would like to say marquez-valero......and that could lead to guzman maybe? or why doesnt he look for a rematch with manny.......but he is deciding to go and hunt some scottish alcoholic instead im confused
    Though I agree with you that he should move up, I don't think JMM vs. Valero would be a mega fight Valero is merely a known name within boxing circles due to his KO's JMM is more known and has been in the star light.
    A mega fight would be JMM vs. MAB, JMM vs. ERIK or PAC II whoever wins their 3rd match, JMM vs. Guzman those would be mega fights. Valero still needs time and more exposure other then the net.
    About JMM it has a lot to do with 'Nacho' Beristein being his manager, he did very poorly and played his cards tooooo cautiously he never took a gamble. Now that GBP has JMM I think things are gonna change for him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Though I agree with you that he should move up, I don't think JMM vs. Valero would be a mega fight Valero is merely a known name within boxing circles due to his KO's JMM is more known and has been in the star light.
    A mega fight would be JMM vs. MAB, JMM vs. ERIK or PAC II whoever wins their 3rd match, JMM vs. Guzman those would be mega fights. Valero still needs time and more exposure other then the net.
    About JMM it has a lot to do with 'Nacho' Beristein being his manager, he did very poorly and played his cards tooooo cautiously he never took a gamble. Now that GBP has JMM I think things are gonna change for him.
    But when you look at it like this...............JMM is fighting Jimrex Jaca who is that? a fight with valero maybe would secure a title for JMM and he can go looking for the MEGA fights. he dont wana rush anthing imo cos another L on his record would surely be the end! Say if he beat velero got his WBA belt that would surely set up a MEGA MEGA fight dont you agree?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But when you look at it like this...............JMM is fighting Jimrex Jaca who is that? a fight with valero maybe would secure a title for JMM and he can go looking for the MEGA fights. he dont wana rush anthing imo cos another L on his record would surely be the end! Say if he beat velero got his WBA belt that would surely set up a MEGA MEGA fight dont you agree?
    Yeah!! Your right I almost forgot Valero holds the WBA belt now.
    But this is were GBP comes into play, GBP has now; MAB, JMM, Barrios & PAC..... I don't think GBP want's to risk anything right now in having JMM or PAC loose in a fight. The fight with ERIK is out of their hands, but even if PAC looses his 3rd fight with Erik, GBP can set up PAC to fight 1 or two decent names like Mosquera, Kevin Kelley or someone who looking for a pretty big payday. Onece PAC has the wins that can set up JMM vs. PAC II or JMM vs. MAB. I mean think after Erik lost to Zahir we still got to see PAC-Erik II.
    I think ultimately GBP is gonna treat us to something special come 2007, I personally can't wait to see what unvails from this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah JMM should be fighting MAC and morales. those fights should have been happen. a rematch with PAC is long overdue. he needs to move up to 130.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really am curious to see what he does 125 aint for him! 130 would secure that cash flow for sure and with him getting older its gotta happen soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

at one point i was willing to pick JJM over both morales and MAB. would have pick him against PAC in a rematch too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    at one point i was willing to pick JJM over both morales and MAB. would have pick him against PAC in a rematch too.
    Rightfully so, and IMO even today you could never count him done or out he is extremely smart in the ring like any other boxer hes had his bad days and even then they were a site to be seen. Take the PAC fight, I mean PAC had him finished done, look at that 3rd knockdown carefuly and slow it down and see how JMM reacts to that he brings his gloves to his face and IMO according to the gestures says to himself something along the lines of shet!!! or fuck!! I'm fucking up....Whipes his face and gets up only to fight back and in many peoples opinion including mine wins the fight.

That right there can't be taught thats something thats in you that makes you special, that sets you aside. Thats what he has that MAB, Erik & PAC dont have same goes for then they all have something the others don't. Just think if PAC & Barrios could have risen to the top sooner around the time that Erik & MAB were already wowing!!! us.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see this fight as a good enough move. Get him back in the saddle with his new team, get him winning again hopefully with some style and get people talking about him to increase his $ale value. Maybe one or two tunes ups then go for a name/title.

CMM the look on his face was a classic, shat can't believe got caught AGAIN. At that point he could have sat it out, he would have known it would have been a bitch on the scorecards, but he got up and clawed it back (in my eyes won) like a true world class operator and he had the gameplan that without those knockdowns would have made fairly one sided imo. Not sure how you can say the others don't have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hate to be the one that disagrees with everyone else on the thread...but Marquez would probably smoke John in the rematch.

That was a really close fight, IWO, & it was one that Marquez apparently didn't take too seriously.

Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I hate to be the one that disagrees with everyone else on the thread...but Marquez would probably smoke John in the rematch.

That was a really close fight, IWO, & it was one that Marquez apparently didn't take too seriously.

but could you really see chris john go to America to fight him! he wont live his home land..................fanny! :P

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy
    I see this fight as a good enough move. Get him back in the saddle with his new team, get him winning again hopefully with some style and get people talking about him to increase his $ale value. Maybe one or two tunes ups then go for a name/title.

CMM the look on his face was a classic, shat can't believe got caught AGAIN. At that point he could have sat it out, he would have known it would have been a bitch on the scorecards, but he got up and clawed it back (in my eyes won) like a true world class operator and he had the gameplan that without those knockdowns would have made fairly one sided imo. Not sure how you can say the others don't have it.
    I ment that expression in the sense that he showed that after being down three times he can comeback and win a fight. I've never seen MAB, ERIK or PAC do that but to be fair I can't say they don't have that.
    What I meant to say was that each one has something MORE special that the other might have but it's their strong point.
    For Ex:
    PAC is the harder puncher
    ERIK is the warrior
    MAB is the vet. with the ring smarts
    JMM is very tactical skilled fighter

Hope this makes sense..... If not then screw you it makes perfect sense to me.

Missy!! been missing you I know this is the perfect time to let you know since Steelie, brad4dboxer never come into these threads.
    I love you and can't wait to see you tonight...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think people realize what 5-7 lbs means in a fight. Everyone is like just move up . why does this fighter stay here ? why does he not move up? Simple ansewer , a leap into another weight division is huge disadvantage to a smaller built fighter. , especially in the lighter weight divisions . Tremendous difference in opponents power, size, height, strength. If your a fighter that dries out to make weight, you can move up a bit, but if you come in correct at certain weight. Thats it ! thats your weight, If you move up from that point ,better then average chance of getting snuffed out !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

we know what 5-7 pounds means to a fighter. it's just that there are some interesting fights to be made if he moved up a few pounds and we liked to see him take that risk.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Missy

I ment that expression in the sense that he showed that after being down three times he can comeback and win a fight. I've never seen MAB, ERIK or PAC do that but to be fair I can't say they don't have that.
    What I meant to say was that each one has something MORE special that the other might have but it's their strong point.
    For Ex:
    PAC is the harder puncher
    ERIK is the warrior
    MAB is the vet. with the ring smarts
    JMM is very tactical skilled fighter

Hope this makes sense..... If not then screw you it makes perfect sense to me.

Missy!! been missing you I know this is the perfect time to let you know since Steelie, brad4dboxer never come into these threads.
    I love you and can't wait to see you tonight...

Makes perfect sense and I agree. They each have a special something.

Speaking of a special something, CMM that was some night. I've had to put Savlon on my knees.

Thread Information