Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So who's the next "great American hope" in boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: So who's the next "great American hope" in boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

And I'll accept my obvious lack of common sense as well.

Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

(Note to self: Remember to ask Saddo about his declining standards for choosing his forum mods.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In HW terms:

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

(Note to self: Remember to ask Saddo about his declining standards for choosing his forum mods.)
    And i'll ask Saddo to check out your post history to see the amount of people you argue with and insult on this board.

Please don't ruin yet another thread.

Thanks.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Kevin Johnson?!?! Yeah right!

Who are the last two dudes??

If that "Hardcore" person is Amir Mansour you can go right ahead and x him off this list because he's too old, too small, and hasn't fought anyone worth a damn.

I'm pragmatic about my picks: Mitchell, Wilder, Hanks, & Jennings have the best shots.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The last dude is Tor Hamer, the prizefighter winner, he was pretty impressive in that

El Kabong Guest

The last dude is Tor Hamer, the prizefighter winner, he was pretty impressive in that
    ....doesn't look much like a "Tor" does he?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

And i'll ask Saddo to check out your post history to see the amount of people you argue with and insult on this board.

Thanks.

Go ahead. Maybe you'll even get him to ban me.

Fact is..... you're an abrasive, cyber-abusive twerp who hardly gets along with anybody yourself. @Violent Demise and I have only one thing in common in life. We both dislike your arrogant ass. We dislike each other also, but that's another story.

And if we're going to count the people that "argue with" and "insult" other people on this board..... start by looking in the mirror. Then I suggest you have a calculator handy, because I doubt you can count that high.

Stop trolling my threads. You dislike me because I ridicule your obsession with the likes of Princess Naseem.... and probably because you don't like opinionated non-British characters. That's YOUR problem.

Every time you come into one of my topics intending to ridicule me with your cute "one-liners"..... I'll respond in kind and expose you for the ignorant, condescending asshole you really are.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    ....doesn't look much like a "Tor" does he?
    He sure don't. I was expecting a big white east european dude when first seeing his name

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks.

Go ahead. Maybe you'll even get him to ban me.

Fact is..... you're an abrasive, cyber-abusive twerp who hardly gets along with anybody yourself. @Violent Demise and I have only one thing in common in life. We both dislike your arrogant ass. We dislike each other also, but that's another story.

And if we're going to count the people that "argue with" and "insult" other people on this board..... start by looking in the mirror. Then I suggest you have a calculator handy, because I doubt you can count that high.

Stop trolling my threads. You dislike me because I ridicule your obsession with the likes of Princess Naseem.... and probably because you don't like opinionated non-British characters. That's YOUR problem.

Every time you come into one of my topics intending to ridicule me with your cute "one-liners"..... I'll respond in kind and expose you for the ignorant, condescending asshole you really are.

Tito, please stick to the thread topic. I have already asked you politely.

If you have a problem with me there are other boards.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-04-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that "Hardcore" person is Amir Mansour you can go right ahead and x him off this list because he's too old, too small, and hasn't fought anyone worth a damn.

I'm pragmatic about my picks: Mitchell, Wilder, Hanks, & Jennings have the best shots.
    Im not disagreeing im just giving e'g's.

Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 10-04-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Look, I have been following this sport for over 40 years and Tito has a point. Of course in my early fan days I would tune in because I loved the sport at an early age but I also wanted to see Ali's head get knocked off by Chuvalo. I never liked Ali and a big part of attention to the sport was at the time seeing his demise. I remember the feeling in the theatre 48 miles from the American border and able to watch Frasier/Ali 1 for about 5 bucks.

I never liked Tyson but certain fights made me pay money to watch prior to streams in the hopes of seeing him cold cocked. And I'm no casual fan.

Same with Floyd and Hopkins whom I hated for years. I have not ordered a ppv in several years because of streams but seeing these two lose did effect the time spent on finding a feed as well as a fundamental love of the sport.

No doubt in my mind that many ppv purchases are made with a desired loser in mind.

Anyone who denies "want" as a condition to following the sport is lapse in judgment.
    You're a hardcore fan that doesn't buy PPVs, like the majority of boxing forum posters. So where do the millions of PPV buys come from? Obviously casual fans. These aren't people spending everyday scouring forums, they are fans that buy into "stars"... which Mayweather is clearly the biggest. So when he fights they want to see him.

For sure lots will buy his fights to root against him. Anyone that popular has that. But you don't become the biggest star in boxing because the majority don't like you. That's just ridiculous.
    Two sides. Just as many people hated Ali and Tyson that liked him so I'm not sure disdain can be counted out. And you can go as far back as Jack Johnson and find the same thing from live gates.
    Dislike imo plays pretty heavily in the viewing of many fights and fighters and is a factor in their stardom.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look, I have been following this sport for over 40 years and Tito has a point. Of course in my early fan days I would tune in because I loved the sport at an early age but I also wanted to see Ali's head get knocked off by Chuvalo. I never liked Ali and a big part of attention to the sport was at the time seeing his demise. I remember the feeling in the theatre 48 miles from the American border and able to watch Frasier/Ali 1 for about 5 bucks.

I never liked Tyson but certain fights made me pay money to watch prior to streams in the hopes of seeing him cold cocked. And I'm no casual fan.

Same with Floyd and Hopkins whom I hated for years. I have not ordered a ppv in several years because of streams but seeing these two lose did effect the time spent on finding a feed as well as a fundamental love of the sport.

No doubt in my mind that many ppv purchases are made with a desired loser in mind.

Anyone who denies "want" as a condition to following the sport is lapse in judgment.
    You're a hardcore fan that doesn't buy PPVs, like the majority of boxing forum posters. So where do the millions of PPV buys come from? Obviously casual fans. These aren't people spending everyday scouring forums, they are fans that buy into "stars"... which Mayweather is clearly the biggest. So when he fights they want to see him.

For sure lots will buy his fights to root against him. Anyone that popular has that. But you don't become the biggest star in boxing because the majority don't like you. That's just ridiculous.
    Two sides. Just as many people hated Ali and Tyson that liked him so I'm not sure disdain can be counted out. And you can go as far back as Jack Johnson and find the same thing from live gates.
    Dislike imo plays pretty heavily in the viewing of many fights and fighters and is a factor in their stardom.

Exactly. Tyson at his peak was as watched as any heavyweight. But you'd never put him in the same category as say... a Sugar Ray Leonard. Strictly based on like/dislike. Same with Floyd. There's a definite line between a mega-star boxer who has a good or at least neutral image outside the ring..... and a mega-star who's in and out of jail, convicted of rape, spouse abuse, etc.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So @IamInuit who do you see in the horizon as being, not only the next U.S. boxing star..... but being generally liked as well? That's a tough question, because it seems the trend lately is toward the Tyson, Judah, Mayweather, Broner types. I think Berto has the personality.... but he seems to have dropped off the map.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes I agree, that's pretty obvious, I have already made this point too. However, I think there's a big difference between what "hardcore" boxing fans percieve and the casual sports fan.

The more popular you are the more haters/fans you'll have. That goes for just about any walk of life.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you really think any of these have a chance at becoming household names a la De La Hoya, or a Ray Leonard?

Thread Information