Thread: GTA 5 - Views?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I got this yesterday, I haven't done many missions though. After I repo'd the bike I've just been driving around exploring. The detail is incredible.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GTA 5 - Views?

I don't own a gaming system but every Christmas I get my brother a game and we barricade ourselves in his den and geek out for a couple days. Looks like I know what I'm getting him this year.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone else have to use a Flash drive? Went with a 32 GB...took five years to install and now "finished" at 7876/7876 MB and just sitting there, spinning.

Any tips?....and please don't say re install...again

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had a quick go the other night but fell asleep.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Anyone else have to use a Flash drive? Went with a 32 GB...took five years to install and now "finished" at 7876/7876 MB and just sitting there, spinning.

Did you put the second disc in after installing the first disc? The second disc is the "game" disc. You don't install it (you can actually, but I didn't), you just put it in and play, but you have to install the first disc before that.

I have an old XBox too, so I bought a 16 GB flash drive. Works fine.

I still haven't done a whole lot but explore. One thing I'll say is you really don't get a pure sense of how big and amazing the world it is until you steal a plane from the airport. The city is huge and it takes a while just to fly over the entire map. Also take a dirt bike up to the "Hollywood" sign (its like Vinewood or something) at night and look out over LA. Graphics are really good.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan View Post

Did you put the second disc in after installing the first disc? The second disc is the "game" disc. You don't install it (you can actually, but I didn't), you just put it in and play, but you have to install the first disc before that.

I still haven't done a whole lot but explore. One thing I'll say is you really don't get a pure sense of how big and amazing the world it is until you steal a plane from the airport. The city is huge and it takes a while just to fly over the entire map. Also take a dirt bike up to the "Hollywood" sign (its like Vinewood or something) at night and look out over LA. Graphics are really good.
    Yeh dude, using the install disk, drive configured, and it proceeds to install. First time it looked like it finished but just sat there and spun...numbers on install maxed. Shut off and had to again reconfigure, installing for third time right now. Wondering if you can use a 32 GB or must it only be 16 (with addition of 4GB internal drive) Any USB should work I'd imagine. Bit dumb founded.

JUST shut off again at 7200mb and started over!!!! Motherfucker man, Microsoft can blow me!! WTF

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

13 attempts at install...all cut off close to finish. It would appear PNY USB's are glorious pieces of cheap shate! Lesson learned.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeh dude, using the install disk, drive configured, and it proceeds to install. First time it looked like it finished but just sat there and spun...numbers on install maxed. Shut off and had to again reconfigure, installing for third time right now. Wondering if you can use a 32 GB or must it only be 16 (with addition of 4GB internal drive) Any USB should work I'd imagine. Bit dumb founded.

JUST shut off again at 7200mb and started over!!!! Motherfucker man, Microsoft can blow me!! WTF
    This is what I used:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive by SanDisk SDCZGXB-016G-A11: Electronics

but for whatever reason it was only like 20 bucks the other day when I ordered it. Must have gotten a lot of orders and figured they could gouge the price. It works though.

Grove Street's like 30 seconds away from Franklin's safehouse fwiw. You don't even have to turn. Just back out and go left. I pulled into the circle where the house was in San Andreas. Stole a car. Barely got away from the gang.
    Last edited by OumaFan; 09-21-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is what I used:

Amazon.com: Xbox 360 - 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive by SanDisk SDCZGXB-016G-A11: Electronics

but for whatever reason it was only like 20 bucks the other day when I ordered it. Must have gotten a lot of orders and figured they could gouge the price. It works though.

Grove Street's like 30 seconds away from Franklin's safehouse fwiw. You don't even have to turn. Just back out and go left. I pulled into the circle where the house was in San Andreas. Stole a car. Barely got away from the gang.
    San Andreas was the best! Yeh, I just ate the flashdrive thirty bucks as I had to remove a piece just so it would fit! And it still would not install. Oh well, can always use a usb.

Went primal and gutted the original xbox that went red circle of death on me years ago. One good multi tool and and needle nose plyers later I dropped the 60GB drive into the slim and its installing GTA as I sit here. Its a trip Microsoft didn't put a hitch in there to prevent that somehow? All other saves and data now show too with bookoo save space available. Now I know why..or how...I'm not married

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Bring back the amiga and atari 800.
    I still love my Amiga wrote so many tunes on it and used to make simple animations for onstage projection. Loved Shadow of the beast, Super Guina sisters, speedball, worms, deluxe paint, for a musician octomed the tracker and Music X, a very early DAW just blew me away.
    I had bruce lee on the amiga and dragon ninja

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont like the grand theft auto games but this new one looks a bit better.

I like games like:-

"cannon fodder"
    "lord of the rings"
    "command and conquer"
    "gears of war"
    "fight night champion"

Role playing games that you can build your army up and have a good tear up.
    I havent played a good one for ages as i work seven days a week and have two toddlers but i look forward to seeing what the next big game is that has those qualities.
    Last edited by imp; 09-22-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish this game had come out when I was young and unemployed. Possibly single.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, it's huge and addictive. I was able to play it for a few days because of the holidays, but now I'm back at work I have serious withdrawal symptoms.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly, I'm a gamer.

Secondly, I am a MASSIVE GTA fan and have owned every single version of the game. From the original I was hooked.

GTA and Fight Night are the two games that I have stuck with since the beginning... I have give up on COD, FIFA and PES but never GTA and Fight Night.

Thirdly, @Gandalf I've read your posts, I've read all the reviews, I've taken in all the latest vids of Youtube, man I don't even care about spoilers, I'm just happy to soak up as much of this game before I get it next month. The more infor I get on this game the more I realise I'm a fiend for GTA! Everything about it just looks perfect! GTA 4 was such a good game and the add-ons were excellent. I hope they do the same for GTA5 (can you imagine?!).

Lastly, I don't know why but I've always managed to map learn to a point where I don't need the map at all which ends up being an almost liberating thing in it's self (aside from being able to do pretty much what ever I want). Even now I can think my way from Alderney City to Hove Beach.

Hate to admit but I'm gonna absolutely relish the challenge of learning such a vast and varied map. If anything just to go far a driver and see some gorgeous sights and not have to worry about petrol in my tank
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 09-24-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is beautiful.

I've been investing in some stocks and shares and one of my characters is now a millionaire!

It's hard trying to play a game with kids and Mrs and work. End up playing night time and I've had some late nights by accident last few days.

My mate got sacked from his real job just before the game came out, he has made no attempt to find a new job and is just enjoying the GTA time he's had. Having not left the house, he hasn't spent any money.

Thread Information