Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Guerrero-Maidana close to being done

Looks like it will take place Aug. 27 on HBO, even better...it's going to be at HP pavillion in San Jose. I'm definitely going to this fight.

Robert Guerrero-Marcos Maidana bout nears 'finishing touches' - ESPN

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Guerrero-Maidana close to being done

Hell I might go too.

San Jose isn't THAT far from Sonora, just couple hours.

Hard not to favor Guerrero based off both guys last performances...

But, Maidana is super tough, a hard puncher, naturally bigger, and always dangerous.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good matchup, I will be looking forward to this one. Guerrero really impressed me last time out, he put things together well.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Good matchup, I will be looking forward to this one. Guerrero really impressed me last time out, he put things together well.
    He sure does. Seems like he's really getting into form but something that lingers on my mind is the Yordan fight where he flat out quit at the first sign of small blood. He was up against a rough fighter and after sustaining a small cut by accidental clash of heads, he didnt want to continue. Ive seen some fans trying to justify his action but if you remember that fight, Miles, you know it wasn't a show-stopping type of cut. Vitali had a cut on his face that was a size of a small vagina when he fought Lennox yet he wanted to fight on and screamed for more. So yea, I wonder about Guerrero's mental strength sometimes. When up against a monster like Maidana, he's going to need all the heart and balls he can generate because he's not going to beat maidana without it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't question guererros heart every fighter has lapses and has a chance for redemption. You use vitali as an example of a dude with a no quit attitude, yet many people want to call him a quiter cause he decided to not fight on against byrd and save himself for another day. This ought to be an interesting fight, I think maidana is just a dude that no matter what he's going to be in a close fight. Am I just confused or has guererro like jumped three weight classes in like a year?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    He sure does. Seems like he's really getting into form but something that lingers on my mind is the Yordan fight where he flat out quit at the first sign of small blood. He was up against a rough fighter and after sustaining a small cut by accidental clash of heads, he didnt want to continue. Ive seen some fans trying to justify his action but if you remember that fight, Miles, you know it wasn't a show-stopping type of cut. Vitali had a cut on his face that was a size of a small vagina when he fought Lennox yet he wanted to fight on and screamed for more. So yea, I wonder about Guerrero's mental strength sometimes. When up against a monster like Maidana, he's going to need all the heart and balls he can generate because he's not going to beat maidana without it.
    Totally, that's the fight when I really went off of Guerrero, the going got a little hot and he looked for the way out and you can't do that when you are looking to make a name for yourself. The last fight was a real improvement for me, Katsidis was a tough cookie, but Guerrero stuck with the gameplan and outboxed his man, but he wasn't afraid to mix it up either. He needs to build on that, but Maidana is one tough customer. I thought Maidana was a little off against Morales, so he will no doubt be looking to make an impression and demand a rematch from Khan.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I don't question guererros heart every fighter has lapses and has a chance for redemption. You use vitali as an example of a dude with a no quit attitude, yet many people want to call him a quiter cause he decided to not fight on against byrd and save himself for another day. This ought to be an interesting fight, I think maidana is just a dude that no matter what he's going to be in a close fight. Am I just confused or has guererro like jumped three weight classes in like a year?
    Redemption, true, but there are different levels of injury. Vitali had a dislocated shoulder or something of that nature when he retired against Byrd and something like that is totally understandable. But quitting because of a tiny cut that didnt even effect his vision is unnacceptable. A person who quit once has the tendency to quit again so Im looking forward to what he does against Maidana. Guerrero doesn't like pressure and he likes to fight at his own pace but it's not goiing to be that easy when Maidana is in front of him.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If he beats Maidana, Marquez can stop ducking him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont know if Maidana has proper career management seems in the last two fights it look like hes been a gate keeper for up coming for jr welter division.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if Guerrero can deal with Maidana's power then he should be able to box him to a decision win, he's obviously technically superior, a lefty, and has better hand and foot speed, but the real question is how he's going to take Maidana's punches cause sooner or later he's going to land

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had similiar thoughts and posted them when it happened

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-guerrero.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    You should hear yourself. Marquez has fought and beaten many of the Guerrero types.. He's beaten enough of the Juan Diaz, Katsidis and now that he's at the twighlight of his career, he's chasing the big fishes for big money.. He's moved up to face one of the best in Floyd so what makes you think that he's " ducking " some quitter like Guerrero? smh IT's not that he's ducking, it's just that he has no time for small timers at this stage of his career.

Guerrero still needs to pay his dues as far as im concerened.. He needs to worry about guys on his level such as Rios, Antillon, Vazquez and Acosta.. That's his playing field right there...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    You should hear yourself. Marquez has fought and beaten many of the Guerrero types.. He's beaten enough of the Juan Diaz, Katsidis and now that he's at the twighlight of his career, he's chasing the big fishes for big money.. He's moved up to face one of the best in Floyd so what makes you think that he's " ducking " some quitter like Guerrero? smh IT's not that he's ducking, it's just that he has no time for small timers at this stage of his career.

Guerrero still needs to pay his dues as far as im concerened.. He needs to worry about guys on his level such as Rios, Antillon, Vazquez and Acosta.. That's his playing field right there...
    I agree with this but I also think Marquez is past it and I'd actually pick Guerrerro to beat him at this stage in their careers. But Marquez deserves to pursue big paydays before he calls it quits -- even if they're bad mismatches (in his opponents' favors) that I don't want to watch.

I'd like to see Guerrero-Rios but if Guerrero beats Maidana I think we've seent he last of him at lightweight. Though I assume Rios can't make the weight there much longer either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looks like this fight is a done deal, Maidana signed it over the weekend. I'm going for sure

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i don't know what kind of women you've been with... but thats a pretty big vagina in my experience.

Thread Information