Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: My take on a few things of late...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default My take on a few things of late...

First off, very well done to manny!! What a performance that was, I still had doubt he could carry his power with combined speed post 130 ( I dont count Diaz and the ODLH performance as truely judging what he was capable of ). He silenced me last night and what a one sided beat down that was, well done to Manny!!

For Ricky, i was actually gutted for him, he went for him straight away and as soon as he was down I knew that he was going to lose the fight. Mannys speed really did get to Ricky and some of those shots were very hurtful. It was hard to see a true icon in the UK like Ricky being stopped like that. I am dissapointed of the outcome because I knew Manny potentially could have stopped him but not that fast, in such emphatic style. I thought Ricky would have been a bit more mature in his 'boxing' style of the fighting, but it just wasnt there. He did what he has always done, im not resentful for that, because I have had so much enjoyment watching such a hero over so many years.

Maybe going to Mayweather Snr was the wrong thing to do, who knows. What matters is Hatton lost to a great fighter in Manny Pac and nothing can be taken away from that. As for Hatton now, what else does he have to prove? There are no appealing fights at 140 now, he cant make 135 and except for JMM whos fighting Floyd there isnt really a name worth fighting and would Ricky want to take another risk again? I feel thats it for Hatton now, 147 is too much for him and he would get humiliated by the 147 elite. A homecoming fight wouldnt really prove a lot, the fans would be upset seeing him beat a nobody because I believe Hattons confidence will more than likely be rock bottom after these two losses now.

There is no shame to Ricky losing to the 2 best fighters of the latest years, it just shows that he's good but not great on their level. For some of Hattons fans, dont be bitter guys, hes fought 2 of the best and lost to them, at least Ricky was willing to take a risk in his career although it didnt pay off I will always remember Ricky for the positives, not the negatives. Hes a good character, a great man for the sport and he has brought a lot of attention back onto the UK boxing sense. Hes a great laugh and I will always remember Ricky Hatton even if he did lose badly to Floyd and Manny.

Unlucky for trying Ricky, I think thats enough now. Youve proven your the man at 140 and I know for a fact your better than any fighter out there now at the weight class. I think retiring would be the best thing to do though. I was having a thought about Hatton-Khan at Wembley but I have thought more about that fight and I dont want to see Khan getting knocked out again Well done champ, we will never forget you Ricky, you've had an outstanding career and nobody can doubt that. For anybody who denies that fact are either arrogant or blind!

With Mayweather back in action this really has got interesting in my eyes. I respect him a lot for coming back to fight JMM and this will not be an easy fight at all. I think we will see Mayweather be tested by a passionate fighter in JMM and his stlye can potentially trouble Mayweather IMO. Although this is a big move in terms of weight for JMM I think his fast hands with that superb counter fighting will really push Floyd and I am one to believe that this is Floyd toughest fight to date? If Mayweather can beat him I want to see him fight Manny and really sort out p4p number 1. Im glad as hell that Mayweather has seen the light and has come out retirement because he can potentially be one of the best fighters of all time. Its a shame he didnt keep on fighting because we need to see him against Cotto, Mosley, Pac, Margarito etc. If he continues to fight and beat these guys I have no doubts he will be rememeberd as one of the best fighters of all time. I think He can beat all of them though, I just hope he comes back in style against JMM and we will see him in the ring again. Such a talent cant be staying retired and as a boxing fan I need to see him in the ring again to truelly define his legacy. By fighting men like JMM and Pac hes doing that IMO. Even if they have gone up in weight, they still carry their assets as proved in their latest performances. JMM and Pac will be two hard as hell fights for Mayweather but I think he wins both of them.

Im getting excited by this come back prospect, I think we need Mayweather and Im glad he knows he still has a lot more to prove!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: My take on a few things of late...

mayweather snr was indeed a complete calamity for hatton inside and outside of the ring.

Why the hell he didnt just stick with lee beard who`s been with him all this time is completely beyond me
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As a fan we just have to accept these things as they happened. I dont think we should feel bitter towards Ricky, I think many people should just appreciate what we saw of an exciting fighter and see that he only fell at the last hurdle of losing to ONLY the elite fighters. No shame in that at all, hes had a good career and dont forget that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    As a fan we just have to accept these things as they happened. I dont think we should feel bitter towards Ricky, I think many people should just appreciate what we saw of an exciting fighter and see that he only fell at the last hurdle of losing to ONLY the elite fighters. No shame in that at all, hes had a good career and dont forget that!

i agree tam

know shame in getting beat by the best

bit pissed off about how team hatton led us to believe this was a brand new reinvented ricky, but dont discount the entertainment he has given us over the years!
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

People can't blame Senior for Hatton's loss. He was abit of a dick through Hatton's camp and after the fight but that doesn't affect what happened in the ring. No one can deny that Hatton looked in top shape at the weigh in.

Hatton's downfall was simply his lifestyle. It has caught up with him and that was clear as soon as every punch Pacquiao threw hurt Hatton.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah mate its a shame, It was hard as a hardcore fan of Ricky to take on board such a big stoppage. I actually dont think it was the fact Ricky did shit, it was the sheer class of such a great fighter in Manny Pac. I really do think him and Cotto are the only two people who have any chance of beating Mayweather. We just have to get on with it though, its boxing there are plenty of heartbreaks for many fans and this weekend is was us Brits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah mate its a shame, It was hard as a hardcore fan of Ricky to take on board such a big stoppage. I actually dont think it was the fact Ricky did shit, it was the sheer class of such a great fighter in Manny Pac. I really do think him and Cotto are the only two people who have any chance of beating Mayweather. We just have to get on with it though, its boxing there are plenty of heartbreaks for many fans and this weekend is was us Brits.
    I like Ricky and was really worried for his health on saturday.

I just knew Pacquiao would be too much for him, I have to admit though i never expected it to end that early.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

I just knew Pacquiao would be too much for him, I have to admit though i never expected it to end that early.
    I knew potentially Pac could do that, but I didnt think he would be able to do it against such a strong fighter at 140 in Ricky. I thought it would be a close fight, with Ricky stopping him late. But Manny really did show his class and very well done to him in doing that, he shut me up !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I knew potentially Pac could do that, but I didnt think he would be able to do it against such a strong fighter at 140 in Ricky. I thought it would be a close fight, with Ricky stopping him late. But Manny really did show his class and very well done to him in doing that, he shut me up !
    You could tell watching the fight that Hatton was the bigger man but i felt that his power was overated going into this fight, Pacquiao has a very good chin also. I knew that Hatton's strength advantage wouldn't be a factor because Pacquiao is a strong guy himself. I still can't believe that Pacquiao hurt Hatton with basically every shot he threw.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could tell watching the fight that Hatton was the bigger man but i felt that his power was overated going into this fight, Pacquiao has a very good chin also. I knew that Hatton's strength advantage wouldn't be a factor because Pacquiao is a strong guy himself. I still can't believe that Pacquiao hurt Hatton with basically every shot he threw.
    Maybe the Mayweather fight really has got to him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One of Ricky's problems is that he believed what's highlighted himself, or at least he wanted to believe in that trump card. The right mentality is very important in all sports, but even more so in boxing, and rather than prepare for all possible scenarios he chose to believe entirely in this one which ultimately ended the fight sooner than it could have gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched the fight for the 7th time. And I have to say Ricky disobeyed Floyd's instructions. Maybe Hatton was still dazed from the first 2 KDs?... Too disoriented to listen to anyone's advice in his corner?... I don't know.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bomp View Post

One of Ricky's problems is that he believed what's highlighted himself, or at least he wanted to believe in that trump card. The right mentality is very important in all sports, but even more so in boxing, and rather than prepare for all possible scenarios he chose to believe entirely in this one which ultimately ended the fight sooner than it could have gone.
    When you look at the stone cold facts though he had every right to believe that though, he simply was the best fighter at 140. Me included thought he would be too much for a smaller Pac because I personally dont think his power after 130 has been truelly tested, but as I said before he really did shut me up and well done to pac for a great performance.

Thread Information