Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default First time fight night

OK so Ive been playing FN3 and doing ok. I picked Ray Leonard in career mode and racked up 15 or so wins, I made the targets set for the training excercises and everthing was going well. Then I got beaten on points by Ray robinson and my career hit the skids. Despite having good stats for stamina and cuts I found them both to be a real problem. I would get cut after the first round regardless of how many puches I took. Some times I would stand and fight and some times I would make an effort to not get hit but the reult was always the same. Despite starting of with higher points I always have less stamina than my opponant after a round or two and when it gets down to the wire its a real problem. As with the cuts Ive experimented with stamina by going hell for leather and also being cautious but it seems to make no difference.

Currently Im on 20 fights with 4 losses, twice being beaten by Ray Robinson and twice by fighters that I had stomped all over coming up. Is my career done, can you turn things around or is it over when you start to get beaten?

Help me out.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: First time fight night

SRR is bound to cut you up if your a bit of a Novice... Its probably all the couter shots he's landing right?

Best option is to keep that guard up. Make your body the target (Okay it'll slow you down but at least you wont be as much a sitting duck with all that sweelling and blood).

Also (im assuming you do) ease right off they haymaker attempts, try limiting them down to 1 a round.

Focus on landing straights to the body (primarily as a point scorer, secondly as a distraction) then bring the uppercuts to the head.

Come back to me when you encounter problem number two
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive had similar problems to u with the stamina and i have come to the conclusion there's nothing u can do about how gd the computers stamina is wether their an average fighter or ray robinson u just have to do ur best with the stamina u have and as for the cuts i had about a 8 fight run in which i got cut everytime within the first 2 rounds but after a while it just seemed to stop as his chin and cuts get higher rating nd also if u got a high cut early on it can be a big risk going all out cos if u fail to knock him out ur stamina will be low therefor ur life wont go up nd the damage of each punch increases due to the cut and from that point on u probs wont last the whole fight as i found out against ray leonard.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I must say, im struggling with the stamina issue.

You'll have to explain what you try to do when your fighting.

How many punches do you throw per round? How many of those land?
    What about counter punches?

BTW thats another good tip, study the punch stats at the end of a fight. See what your lacking. See what your open to.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would run and jab until he tarts to be in the defensive.When he starts running give him alot of hooks/haymakers to the body.Sooner or later he goes down.Your career is definately not done.So just run and jab in fight until you get your stamina stats up then when that gets up pretty good then you can start brawling. Well this always works for me.

ICB Guest

i throw like 170 punches a round i come out like aaron pryor but sometimes i stick and move with left jab i retired because i got maxium rating and i never lost which was lucky

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I managed to turn things around and win the welterweight title. Bit of an anti climax really, they can put on a fight at a weigh in but not have a presentation for a belt? After I won it it was back to the usuall fights at any given location. No mention of it being a title defence or anything like that. Bit disapointed.

Ive called it a day with Ray Leonard and started my own career now.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not so much a fight night thing but more a general playstation thing. I lost my own career, it couldnt load the data as it was corrupt. The memory card is about five minutes old. Does this just happen or is this an indication that there is a problem with the card?

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its happened with other games before. Its not so much a faulty mem card but for sure the memory card is now fucked.
    Shit happens
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yea this happened to me in Madden 07.I had a good superstar mode.I made another and the first one was corrupt so i had to delete it.

Thread Information