Warren Would Like To See Fury-Chisora Rematch - Boxing News

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Heavyweight Fight Schedule

According to allboxing, Wladimir Klitschko will be fighting Alexander Povetkin in Kiev, Ukraine.

http://www.allboxing.ru/archives/2013-01-14_21_59.html

Mariusz Wach is now training without a coach, since his promoter blamed his trainer on the positive PED test results.

Мариуш Вах будет тренироваться без тренера

Dereck Chisora will be back on March 16 in a ten round fight.

Дерек Чисора вернется на ринг в марте

Apparently there are reports in Romania that Manuel Charr will fight Bogdan Dinu on Feb 22. Dinu is a bona fide heavyweight talent, I think despite his lack of experience he might beat Charr.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Povetkin is the one top ten heavyweight that Wladimir hasn't smashed so after he beats Povetkin, he will literally have cleaned out the division, bar no one.

@Freedom - I hadn't heard of this Romanian fella since you mentioned him a while back. I'll make sure to pay attention to him going forward. Some very good fighters have come out of Romania recently with Bute, Diaconu, and now this guy. I'm sure I'm missing some too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Povetkin is the one top ten heavyweight that Wladimir hasn't smashed so after he beats Povetkin, he will literally have cleaned out the division, bar no one.

@Freedom - I hadn't heard of this Romanian fella since you mentioned him a while back. I'll make sure to pay attention to him going forward. Some very good fighters have come out of Romania recently with Bute, Diaconu, and now this guy. I'm sure I'm missing some too.
    Pulev is up and coming ... but year he'll have cleaned out a division. Aside from his brother.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alexander Povetkin wants $4 million for his fight with Wladimir Klitschko:

За бой с Кличко Поветкин хочет 4 миллиона долларов

New IBF rankings:

C Wladimir Klitschko

1 Kubrat Pulev - Bul
    2 Tomasz Adamek - Pol
    3 Bryant Jennings - US
    4 David Haye - UK
    5 Johnathon Banks - US
    6 Ruslan Chagaev - Uzb
    7 Alexander Ustinov - Rus
    8 David Price - UK
    9 Tyson Fury - UK
    10 Alexander Dimitrenko - Ger
    11 Tony Thompson - US
    12 Steve Cunningham - US
    13 Magomed Abdusalamov - Rus
    14 Michael Sprott - UK
    15 Edmund Gerber - Ger

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury and Steve Cunningham are currently in negotiations for a possible March fight in New York's Madison Square Gardens.

Тайсон Фьюри встретится со Стивом Каннингемом?

Manuel Charr says David Haye will only run during a fight with Vitali Klitschko, and has no chance of winning:

World Boxing News: Charr: The only way Haye beats Vitali is on a race track!

Charr: The only way Haye beats Vitali is on a race track!

WBC fringe world champion Manuel Charr has told WBN that David Haye has no chance of succeeding in defeating full title holder Vitali Klitschko if their proposed bout comes to fruition.

The 28 year-old from Lebanon, who was stopped in four rounds by the elder Klitschko on a cut last year, remains hopeful of a clash with Haye to decide which of them faces Vitali, but believes the Londoner would come unstuck if he beats him to a title challenge with the Ukrainian.

"Haye is fast, but unfortunately he uses his speed to run away when he faces a strong guy like he did in his fight against Wladimir,” Charr told World Boxing News.

“He is a good fighter when he knows he is winning, but I think he would be scared if he fought Vitali or any other real heavyweight contender.

“Vitali Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world right now, so I have to say; ‘The only way David Haye can beat Vitali Klitschko is on a race track where he can just run away.’ - in a boxing ring he doesn't have a chance."

The ‘Diamond Boy’ is currently hunting his next opponent for a possible bout in February and is confident that he has the beating of the two-weight world champion if the pair ever crossed paths in the near future.

“David Haye is a cruiserweight,” stated Charr. “Even though he knocked out some heavyweights, I still don't think that he could handle my power and my pressure. I am young, I am fast and I can punch.

“I am not saying that I would definitely beat David Haye. All I'm saying is this; ‘Let's find out what happens - I'm ready to go!"

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quick Jabs: Manny Pacquiao in no rush to fight, Glazkov-Scott card could be unwatchable, more | Counterpunch - SI.com

By Chris Mannix

• Last week, Main Events announced that heavyweight prospect Vyacheslav “Czar” Glazkov would headline an NBC Sports Network Fight Night show against undefeated Malik Scott on February 23. Now there has been some backlash to the choice of Scott. Despite good size (6-foot-3) and an unblemished record, Scott is rarely, if ever, in an entertaining fight, preferring to jab his way to lopsided wins on the outside against inferior opposition. It’s how his career has gone and, at 32, it’s likely how his career is going to be.

Certainly Scott wasn’t the promoters’ first choice. Main Events thought it had a deal with heavy-handed heavyweight Magomed Abdusalamov before he backed out. They it turned to Joe Hanks, Jason Estrada, Travis Kauffman, David Rodriguez, Justin Jones and Franklin Lawrence. Each turned the offer down.

There is plenty of upside for Glazkov (14-0). Beating Scott (35-0) would be a nice feather in his cap. The fear though is that Scott, as he has done his whole career, will use his length, box on the outside and win a boring, unwatchable decision. And for Main Events, which has made Fight Night a success largely by putting together exciting fights, that would be a disaster.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe Hanks vs. Richard Carmack is off because Hanks was injured in sparring.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Police have no doubt Tomasz Adamek was drunk when he was in the car accident. He'll has a court date on Feb 14, and he may not be able to fight Kubrat Pulev in the IBF final eliminator.

Amerykański policjant: Adamek był pijany, mieliśmy dowody

Boente: Witalij wciąż nie wie czy będzie dalej walczył

Berndt Boente, manager of WBC world champion heavyweight Vitali Klitschko (45-2, 41 KOs) says Vitali has not yet decided whether he's retiring or not.

"Currently we're not having any negotiations, we're not talking to David Haye, or any other fighter. We are awaiting the outcome of the fight between Chris Arreola and Berman Stiverne. Vitali still has not decided whether he will fight any more or will be focused on politics" Boente said.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who's wlad going to fight next?? I hope it's somebody decent, but I doubt it!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    I don't know. The only qualified HWs are Fury and Pulev, or maybe Boytsov and Adamek.

Tomorrow is the last day for negotiations, it will go to WBA purse bid if they can't agree.

Nicolay Valuev was saying today that Wladimir wants the fight in Kiev and Povetkin's management want it in Moscow.

Валуев: Недостатков у Владимира Кличко почти нет

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I don't know. The only qualified HWs are Fury and Pulev, or maybe Boytsov and Adamek.

Tomorrow is the last day for negotiations, it will go to WBA purse bid if they can't agree.

Nicolay Valuev was saying today that Wladimir wants the fight in Kiev and Povetkin's management want it in Moscow.

Валуев: Недостатков у Владимира Кличко почти нет
    Isn't pulev fighting adameck though? So it won't be them two. I doubt fury would fight Wlad right now, he's not ready. I don't know about boystov, he needs to step it up but I doubt he's ready either. I have a feeling Wlad will fight another tomato can.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't pulev fighting adameck though? So it won't be them two. I doubt fury would fight Wlad right now, he's not ready. I don't know about boystov, he needs to step it up but I doubt he's ready either. I have a feeling Wlad will fight another tomato can.
    Yes, it seems Pulev will be fighting Adamek (unless Tomasz is put in jail for a month for impaired driving, which is unlikely). Fury is probably fighting Cunningham.

There doesn't seem to be many options available for Wladimir. Boytsov was offered the fight with Wladimir in November, but his promoter said no so they approached Wach. But Universum is now officially bankrupt, so they may want to cash out Boytsov.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, it seems Pulev will be fighting Adamek (unless Tomasz is put in jail for a month for impaired driving, which is unlikely). Fury is probably fighting Cunningham.

There doesn't seem to be many options available for Wladimir. Boytsov was offered the fight with Wladimir in November, but his promoter said no so they approached Wach. But Universum is now officially bankrupt, so they may want to cash out Boytsov.
    Boystov is far too small to fight Wlad IMO. He's 6 foot or maybe 6 foot 1 if I remember, he would get knocked out.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Luis Ortiz vs. Ruslan Chagaev is in the works. It will be for the interim WBA title.

David Haye was the first choice of the WBA to fight Chagaev, but he turned the fight down.

Ortiz vs. Chagaev WBA Interim Title Clash in Play - Boxing News
    what a mong haye is... i thought he would take the fight v chagaev.... chagaev is made for him to knock out in grand fashion..... seems haye has no intrest in going after wladimir again if he turned this down.... chagaev and then povetkin or it could have been the winner of povetkin v wladimir.... easy route to a klitschko fight ... why turn it down....

ah it seems like chagaev cant fight outside of germany due to the old hepatitis thing :S
    Last edited by palmerq; 01-17-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Thread Information