Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: America is gonna be ok, know what I'm sayin?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: America is gonna be ok, know what I'm sayin?

I don't think a lot of people, even the ones that are big on personal responsibility are against say someone that worked for 30 years and has been laid off getting government assistance until they get back on their feet. That guy has made contributions to the system. What a lot people have a problem is that 19 year old mother that's a high school dropout without any real skills that has 3 kids by 3 different guys and is knocked up again on welfare, food stamps, medicare, section 8 housing, etc.

But, hey we live in an era of serious entitlement. I just got done discussing in another forum about the NAACP has just filed a lawsuit against the top public High schools of New York City because there aren't a lot of blacks and Hispanics admitted to the city's elite high schools and that they should be admitted in. Who gets accepted are the ones that scores high on those admittance tests. The lawsuit is claiming racism because a lot of the underrepresented minorities are not admitted to those high schools. But what the lawsuit doesn't want to touch are that the Asian students make up 70% of the student body, not white students at those elite high schools and many of them are also children of poor immigrants. But hey we live in an era of entitlement. People should get something free or handed to them without hard work involved.

El Kabong Guest

The reaction to Obama's reelection is nothing special. This is not a referendum on Obama but on the liberal entitlement mindset.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Strangely, I am kind of in the middle on an issue such as this.

Sorry miles... you can't be in the middle. @Greenbeanz will accuse you of "keeping your options open" and "hedging your bets."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Sorry miles... you can't be in the middle. @Greenbeanz will accuse you of "keeping your options open" and "hedging your bets."

If anything my hardline stance on habitual fatherless impregnees who cannot open their legs without becoming impregnated will have him frothing. On the whole though I am in the middle. A man of 30 years graft in a single firm is unlikely to reimpose himself. Someone like that should really be given a state pension and be told they have done enough, but if they are proud and most likely are, should be given support to get back into the game. There are a lot of lazy people though and they need a kick up the bum.

Personally I cannot imagine needing to claim benefits. If you didn't study hard at school, you chose to drop out of society, and only then realise that there is nothing for you? Well, that is your fault. We are given a lot of opportunities and all too many fail to realise it and it is there that I see Lyle's point of view. You don't need an IQ of 150 to do well in life, just diligence, some self respect and motivation.

We have societies where people are watching crap on TV and their aptitude for doing well in life is obselete. They want it on a plate and that is wrong. However, when your corporations are being sold to different countries and home productivity is increasing, and yet wages aren't you see a problem emerging. Even the people that work hard and want to succeed are being thrown under a wagon. It is a spiraling circle of despair.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aha!...the master baiter strikes again. Seems like a case of epic butthurt from yourself. Is it the fact that you don't have the right to cast an Electoral vote for the president that irks you so? Lyle I get, and Miles, because they are like the perfect foil for each other. VC seems to be independent and Kirkland likes to post lengthy but entirely one sided statistical analysis. Youngblood is clearly enjoying playing the agitator but you TitoFan seem to want to enjoy the fragrance of Miles whilst moaning about other posters using the like button? You want to appear to be the voice of reason whilst stating either the bleeding obvious or cherry picking your quotes and references as though only you can see the stupidity of one side whilst others are clearly ignorant of such things. Politics sucks a fact that you claim to recognise whilst never really nailing your own colours to the post, like a seasoned politician.

"Tin Hats!"
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Youngblood is clearly enjoying playing the agitator.

When you're right, you're right.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aha!...the master baiter strikes again. Seems like a case of epic butthurt from yourself. Is it the fact that you don't have the right to cast an Electoral vote for the president that irks you so? Lyle I get, and Miles, because they are like the perfect foil for each other. VC seems to be independent and Kirkland likes to post lengthy but entirely one sided statistical analysis. Youngblood is clearly enjoying playing the agitator but you TitoFan seem to want to enjoy the fragrance of Miles whilst moaning about other posters using the like button? You want to appear to be the voice of reason whilst stating either the bleeding obvious or cherry picking your quotes and references as though only you can see the stupidity of one side whilst others are clearly ignorant of such things. Politics sucks a fact that you claim to recognise whilst never really nailing your own colours to the post, like a seasoned politician.

"Tin Hats!"

Don't get all huffy, grandpa. Just pointing out your blatant double-standards.

On the one hand, you butt into a Wlad thread you've previously not even glanced at, just to tell me "there's too much gray", in a kiss-ass defense of @El Kabong 's extremist views on Wlad. And in your "expert" (cough) boxing opinion, you stupidly say that having a non-extremist view (god or bum) on Wlad is, how did you put it?.... "keeping my options open" and "hedging my bets"?

Then on the other hand, you ignore @Gandalf 's middle ground stance on the entitlement mentality in America.

Which of course is the classic behaviour pattern of a kiss-ass, or brown-noser... whichever term you prefer. No big deal, grandpa. There's worse things in the world. You happen to be pretty good at kissing ass. To some people (not me, though), that is probably an admirable skill and trait.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, to be fair Greenbeanz is often on my case. I regard him and Lyle as fair chaps, but we all go to war on occasion and I don't think anyone gets an easy time of it. I set off on Lyle, Greenz goes after me and sometimes we all go after Titofan. It's a giant circle really.

Sometimes we all even agree on issues, but never all at the same time.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, to be fair Greenbeanz is often on my case. I regard him and Lyle as fair chaps, but we all go to war on occasion and I don't think anyone gets an easy time of it. I set off on Lyle, Greenz goes after me and sometimes we all go after Titofan. It's a giant circle really.

Sometimes we all even agree on issues, but never all at the same time.

Difference is... I know where Lyle stands. I don't agree with most of it, but we know what each believes (Lyle: anti-Obama, anti-gun control, etc, etc.... Me: anti-Romney, pro-gun control, etc, etc). We go at it pretty good, but mostly within the bounds of respect. With you, I've a few minor scraps... not entirely outlandish, given the amount of time we've been posting here.

With Grandpa... I just like poking holes in his kiss-ass, flowery speech ways. I just can't help myself. Maybe I'll be nicer to him as a New Year's resolution for 2013.

El Kabong Guest

Back on topic here....$70,000 at the very least was wasted on the guy in the video. They SAY he's a "3rd year college student" but the reality of the situation is he more than likely can't read or write given the manner in which he conducts himself but people can and probably have picked him up to take him to vote and tell him which button to push for which candidate and sure people who defend using America's safety net as a hammock will take offense to that and accuse me of making things up, but I have seen it happen with my own eyes. If you think people aren't gaming the system then you're a simpleton and it's a whole hell of a lot more than just him, he's just a bright shining example of the "Dumb Masses" that never worked hard, never held any responsibility, never had to be held accountable, and will leech off of society and as you see in the video he feels no shame in leeching off of the government....he's a strong case for the Pro-Choice crowd.

And I'm glad @TitoFan finds all of my views to be "extremist"....what's extremist here? That I think people should EARN a living? Is that extreme

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sitting in the tattoist waiting for Mrs Greenbeanz to have her tattoo laughing at Titofans clearly sore butt and condescending bullshit. Huffy? LMFAO.:-)

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Back on topic here....$70,000 at the very least was wasted on the guy in the video. They SAY he's a "3rd year college student" but the reality of the situation is he more than likely can't read or write given the manner in which he conducts himself but people can and probably have picked him up to take him to vote and tell him which button to push for which candidate and sure people who defend using America's safety net as a hammock will take offense to that and accuse me of making things up, but I have seen it happen with my own eyes. If you think people aren't gaming the system then you're a simpleton and it's a whole hell of a lot more than just him, he's just a bright shining example of the "Dumb Masses" that never worked hard, never held any responsibility, never had to be held accountable, and will leech off of society and as you see in the video he feels no shame in leeching off of the government....he's a strong case for the Pro-Choice crowd.

And I'm glad @TitoFan finds all of my views to be "extremist"....what's extremist here? That I think people should EARN a living? Is that extreme

You generalize, @El Kabong. You think ALL minorities are leeches. You think ALL minorities want to be "hooked on government", to use your words. You think ALL minorities would rather live on handouts than having gainful employment.

You generalize. In contrast, VictorCharlie, who generally has the same political views as you, does not generalize. And knowledgeably speaks of minorites that are hard-working, and are not looking for handouts.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sitting in the tattoist waiting for Mrs Greenbeanz to have her tattoo laughing at Titofans clearly sore butt and condescending bullshit. Huffy? LMFAO.:-)

Tattoos?
    Hey... this is your chance to get tattoos of those saddo'ers whose asses you shamelessly kiss.
    That IS...... if you don't have a few on you already.

El Kabong Guest

You generalize, @El Kabong. You think ALL minorities are leeches. You think ALL minorities want to be "hooked on government", to use your words. You think ALL minorities would rather live on handouts than having gainful employment.

You generalize. In contrast, VictorCharlie, who generally has the same political views as you, does not generalize. And knowledgeably speaks of minorites that are hard-working, and are not looking for handouts.
    woah there partner #1 The DEMOCRATS want minorties hooked on government so they'll vote Democrat, that's not generalizing that's the hard and painful truth. #2 I don't think "all minorities are leeches" there are Conservative minorities, obviously they are not leeches. They believe in hard work will pay off and are willing to fight for that American Dream.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tattoos?
    Hey... this is your chance to get tattoos of those saddo'ers whose asses you shamelessly kiss.
    That IS...... if you don't have a few on you already.

What is your problem little boy? You are a bit hypersensitive there. I am sorry that you prejudge the entire forum and that your butt hurts on behalf of humanity but I have no interest in brown nosing anyone. Manners and perspective. Learn some.

Thread Information